Marriott International Reviews in Palm Springs, CA | Glassdoor

Marriott International President & CEO Arne Sorenson
Arne Sorenson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • So their work / life balance always suffers (not a manager but this makes me not want to become one) (in 159 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours but I love working there (in 211 reviews)

1. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Palm Springs, CA

I have been working at Marriott International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked somewhere were the the management cares about you so much. I work here while attending school and everyone is so supportive of my education even though they know that I am not looking to further my career with the company. They accommodate my busy schedule and I am thankful for that. Best management I have ever had. I recommend working here definitely!

Cons

The position doesn't pay a lot but it is great for those looking to further their education! It is a good start within the hospitality business if you are looking to further your career within the company.

2. "Fun job for low wages"

Current Employee - Front Office Associate in Palm Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Front Office Associate in Palm Springs, CA

Pros

Discounts on hotel rooms.
    Schedule flexibility
    fun atmosphere

Cons

Low pay. Most employees in tipped positions have never gotten a raise so a person with fifteen years experience is worth the same to the company as someone just off the street.
    No room for advancement unless you move. It is very hard to stay in one place and advance. The company required you change locations about every two years in order to climb the corporate ladder.
    incompetent middle management
    little attention paid to feedback. Every year they have this thing called the Associate Opinion Survey. Every year we tell management the same issues and every year nothing changes
    no loyalty. If they need to cut costs, you're gone. They've got to keep management happy
    weak benefits, and expensive
    There is definitely a lord vs. serfs mentality here. The management rules the roost in all aspects of the business and if you get a poor manager you just have to suffer through it. Fortunately, since they require you to move to grow, you only have to suffer for a couple of years.

Advice to Management

allow people to advance without moving
    listen to feedback from front line employees

Showing 2 of 4,521 reviews