Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marriott Vacations Worldwide President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz

Pros
Cons
  • Favoritism even amongst upper management is not a good look (in 8 reviews)

• Low pay noone can live at 11hr need a second job to survive (in 6 reviews)

"Great job"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Galloway, NJ
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Galloway, NJ

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are great and so are the supervisors

Cons

so far theres no con about this job

"Great vision but Senior Leadership gets in the way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great associate discounts
    Good health benefits
    There are some amazing and caring people who work there

Cons

some senior leaders are only in it for themselves and turn others ideas into their own
    Lots of favoritism and promotions are generally received based on who you are friends with instead of performance
    Less focus on customer support and more focus on sales

Advice to Management

Try to look past your own egos and cultivate some of the amazing talent that the Marriott name attracts.

"Bad Management"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, hotel discounts are great.

Cons

Changing comp plans all the time. Never sure what your pay check will be. Really bad managers. They are the worst in the entire company at this site! Not fair practices and lie every chance they get.

Advice to Management

Current managers NEED to get out!!! They do an awful job.

5. "Loss Prevention Officer"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are easy to get a long with. Supervisors and management are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

Low pay for cost of living, but higher than other similar jobs.

6. "Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Contract Processor in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Current Employee - Contract Processor in Myrtle Beach, SC

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything at Marriott was top notch. The company truly cared about taking care of their guests & owners. The employees that I worked with were great and everyone came together as a team.

Cons

Not as many opportunities for growth on a local level.

7. "Great!"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Hilton Head Island, SC

Pros

Benefits, working conditions and schedule

Cons

Difficult Work not always recognized

Advice to Management

Pay more

8. "Sales executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hilton Head only! Lots of wasted talent! Only pro is the hours. Things used to be different before the current manager came on board. Every nice word that comes out of his mouth is a LIE! All managers under him are tainted as well. They have their favorites and Feed Feed Feed them! I was one of them but I see how they chew you up and spit you out! In good conscience I could not bare the abuse I saw and had to go before I was one of the ones they spit out. STAY AWAY!

Cons

Hilton Head Only: POWER LINE! GOLD BOXERS! Top 10 get out 3x day all the rest of the 40+ sales execs get out 1 time or not at all! SUPER HIGH turn over! Greedy, Selfish, Cruel Managers 3% commission? Really?? Other Marriott locations are sooo much better! STAY AWAY from HILTON HEAD! You will only get LIES LIES LIES. At Hilton till current manager leaves! Newbies are only there to get encores and FEED THE TOP OF THE LINE- I feel bad for them! Horrible morale past the top 10.

Advice to Management

Start over with FRESH management. Re-evaluate the lost and abused talent on the bottom of the line. BUILD THE TALENT YOU HAVE and stop the INSANE turn over!

9. "It's OK"

Current Employee - Vacation Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Vacation Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Hotel discounts, work life balance, easy work.

Cons

There are definitely office politics. The competition to get a promotion is fierce and often a more qualified individual is passed over due to favoritism. We work with several systems that often break and are expected to maintain "experienced conversation" with owners. It makes sense to invest in new technology or be more understanding that it's unrealistic for associates to perform at a top level. While the attendance policy is liberal, a large percentage of associates have fmla and come and go as they please, leaving the rest of us stressed and treated unfairly. It's easier to lie and apply for fmla to ensure job security.

Advice to Management

"always do the right thing." Value your honest associates who bust their back for the company vs catering to fmla employees.

10. "Great place"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working for Marriott. In fact I miss working there and my management team. The people I had the opportunity to work with made working a good time. This company does their best to help the employees.

Cons

Money is not the greatest. But I'm sure with all the employees they have they do their best. They also, do all they can to work with the employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to try and help the employees. Continue to fight for them and most will work their hardest for you.

"RUN from any job posting for this company!!!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Doral, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive to say about this company! NOTHING!!!

Cons

As is with most companies, you have a 90-day probationary period and of course due to the laws in Florida, you can be let go from any company at any time for any reason but this company is the worse. I was let go before my 90-day period was up and instead of just saying that it didn’t work out, they made up a bunch of lies to put on my termination papers that never actually happened. Thank goodness there is an HR department that you can direct this bologna to and open a case with, even after termination.

Let me give you some examples of the lies they made up…this is how it read when they gave me the suspension (termination) paper on Monday, January 25, 2016… “there have been some concerns regarding ______'s employment in her first 2 months including her attendance, dress code violations and interaction with other associates”…let's break these down: 1)Attendance – the Thursday, January 22, 2016 before they let me go, my car caught fire at 8:00 am in the morning and I burned my hand very badly but with some help from my husband, who was nearby and rescue, which came very quickly, I still made it to work before my punch in time of 9:00 am but again, the rescue bandaged up my had and it was badly burned. Around 11:00 am, I told my boss (the GM for the location) that my hand was hurting me and that I would be going over to the local quick urgent care at lunch to have it looked at and would be right back. He yelled “No! No! You can't be here without having gotten medical attention.” I told him it wasn’t a big deal but he insisted that I had to leave until I had a doctor’s note. I went straight to the urgent care and they required me to stay home for the following day (Friday, January 23, 2016) but I did come back to work on my the following day, my assigned Saturday schedule; 2) Dress Code - my first assignment when I started there was to clear out a junk pile of stuff that they had shoved into a back room/storage area and I was told that I could come casual for the day or two that I was doing that assignment. The uniform is black sneakers but the only pair that I owned was a white pair of sneakers and since this assignment needed to be done before the weekend (which is when I would have and did go to buy the black ones), I wore the white sneakers ONE DAY. No one said a word to me about that but two months later, it shows up on my suspension (termination) notice; 3) Interaction with other associates - they said that I was rude to a manager during one of our Monday, January 18, 2016 morning stand up meetings but low and behold, how could that ever happened if I wasn’t even there on that day because the day before, a close family friend had committed suicide and I was out one day on bereavement leave (that supposed Monday, January 18, 2016).

The day I was let go, I went up to that manager that I was supposedly rude to and apologized to him for such behavior and he looked at me like I had a horn in the middle of my forehead…he had NO IDEA what I was talking about, as he wouldn’t because I wasn’t even there on the day they say I was rude to him. In my mature years, I have never been rude to a co-worker or manager ever. Again, none of these things were ever addressed to me until my suspension notice.

Now, on to the “suspension notice” …the paper they gave me said “Discipline Type: Suspension” and in the body of the document it clearly said “ _____ is being suspended pending termination within her first 90 days of employment” but I was not suspended, I was terminated on the spot.

As I said previously, none of these things were true and I immediately opened a case with their HR department because even though I didn’t work there nor was ever planning on working for that horrible company again, I did not want such lies on my permanent record. Thank goodness the HR department was able to investigate and see the clear lies that were in the “suspension document” and they were able to clear the entire document to ultimately read “ _____ did not work out within the 90-day introduction period.”

I should have realized the type of company this was from the start because there was not a single person that worked there that was happy. Please do not mistake this company for “Marriot International”, this is not them. I hear they are amazing to work for. This is “Marriot Vacations Worldwide Corporation”. If you ever see a posting for this company…. RUN!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep a better eye on your GM's, especially this one as he also bad mouths his superiors (I spoke with his superior directly and informed him of this after my termination). He does what they feels like and has EXCESSIVE favoritism. He is costing you a lot of money. It should dawn on someone that something is wrong when he has had 5 different assistants in less than a two year period. As I said, he is costing you money because it takes a substantial amount of cash to train someone in the position I had for almost three month (I calculated the cost to be almost $20,000. Do the math, times 5 assistants...that is $100,000 he's cost the company), to just let them go for no reason.