Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.9
Marriott Vacations Worldwide President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz
Pros
  • "Competitive pay and great benefits(in 63 reviews)

• "Great company that takes care of associates and makes you feel like family(in 50 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, under appreciated, boo(in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management is more involved in middle management than they need to be and a lot of roles are taken advantage of here(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Marriott Vacations Worldwide and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Apr 23, 2021 - Front Office Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very happy here to be working here

Cons

Pay is not that great

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

solid Job

May 12, 2021 - Front Desk Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced work environment, never really slow

Cons

Always busy, never any down time

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poorly organized

May 12, 2021 - Operations Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is a beautiful facility

Cons

Their “fresh” food is frozen and processed, they provide little to no training. Every bartender makes drinks differently and every cook makes the food differently. They do no set clear expectations or proper support when you first start. My manager was very vocal about getting rid of 2 of our disabled employees and insisted they were lazy, and gave me verbal warnings when I performed parts of their jobs that they were not comfortable with so I could reasonably accommodate their disabilities. She demanded that I stop so that she could write them up for not completing tasks and lay the paperwork to fire them.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Depressing as it gets

Feb 17, 2021 - Marketing in Newport Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The discount is nice if you use it and IF you travel off season. The location is gorgeous IF you take a minute to look. A lot of the non management are very down to earth , fun people. Pay can be decent at times (still always less than what we deserve for slinging timeshare this day and age )

Cons

Specifically the Newport Coast Villas call center environment. The managers there are some of the most toxic people you will ever meet. Covid did not help an already sinking ship (laid off 75% of the team) If you choose to work here plan to be micro managed, harassed, bullied, threatened, lied to all in a days work. They say whatever they say to you but will just change it a few weeks later. The comp plan , your schedule , the gift options , which territory you call for , what your job even is ALL changes at the drop of a hat based on your relationship with the managers that week . It’s depressing how very little they care about their team and it begins to wear. The entire team is absolutely miserable , chain smokers who rely on bong rips in the car and coke bumps to make it through the day . This place could be so much more than it is and that’s why it’s so sad what it became. Half the team has pursued HR action because of the unfair lead distribution week after week. Good luck!

Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to see you enjoyed the travel discounts and beautiful locations as well as our amazing associates and competitive compensation. We are sorry the rest of your experience did not align with our caring, supportive culture. We take these issues seriously and would like to hear more about your experience so we can try to address these issues. If you're comfortable sharing more about your experience, please email us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall Great!

May 10, 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent travel benefits, flexible schedule, great people

Cons

Low pay and outdated technology

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great job for when you need money and benefits

Mar 4, 2021 - Vacation Ownership Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got paid $14 an hour and got to work from home. Lower management appeared understanding of the employees plight and general verbal abuse we received from customers when the system screwed the customers over Lower management tends to recognize you for good deeds Free snacks Lower management in general is pretty understanding and full of decent people.

Cons

Systems break constantly, not just for employees, the entire website for the customers. Have to deal with the fallout of owners getting swindled by salesmen Have to deal with the fallout of owners getting double charged, the system preventing them from making a payment, and the general employee vs owner culture. Inept IT and website teams using inept systems that make employee and customers lives way more difficult than need be. Downsizing of critical teams without an attempt to retain new hires other than providing office activities to distract csr and chat employees from the fact they are the punching bag for customers upset at the scammy nature of timeshares. Upper management is completely dethatched from the reality of their call center employees

Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad to see you enjoyed the pay and ability to work from home. It's great to see your direct management was supportive, understanding, and helpful to you. Your feedback about our systems and customer issues is helpful. We will share this feedback with the team. If you'd like to share more, please email us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com. Thank you again!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Marriott Vacation Club Property Postions

May 9, 2021 - Front Desk Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid vacation, health insurance options, stable company

Cons

No raises based on performance

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Abusive, discriminating mgmt and coworkers

Apr 17, 2021 - Activities in Doral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

there is nothing positive about them

Cons

Awful work conditions, mgmt has their favorites, coworker jealousy, abusive practices, dishonesty, discriminating mgmt (which I wrote about in my resignation letter and no one ever cared about this, no one even reached out to investigate this). They do not support or appreciate solid work ethics, academic education or dedication. Their front desk and office staff (except for one kind lady there) does not like anyone who has more education, professionalism or poise than they do. Very hostile environment. The two male top managers have favorites, who get anything they want. It is horrible.

Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not align with our company culture. We take our associate wellbeing seriously and encourage you to contact us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Great benefits and earning potential

May 11, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours and mostly a great atmosphere and easy hours

Cons

Hard to get started and lots of favoritism

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

No Life Balance Culture

Apr 25, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits medical dental hotel stays

Cons

No Life Balance Culture starting from the top. Upper management flaunts their ability to have weekends off and vacation any time. Sales and management team must stay til all hours of the night if there is even the slightest chance of a sale. Regardless of team commuting time some of which are almost 2 hours, top management will make you stay til 10pm and then return the next day at 7:30am! Even though they leave at 5pm!?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 740 Reviews