Marriott Vacations Worldwide "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 23, 2019

3.7
Marriott Vacations Worldwide President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz
Pros
Cons
  • "Questionable upper management who hire friends and family and make up positions for them(in 11 reviews)

• "Discounts in hotels are a scam just if you earn a lot of money you can pay it(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Not Bad"

Former Management in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Pros

Money and vacation time! The best thing is the treat you as an asset not a disposbale piece of trash like other companies!

Cons

Other upper management, location pesky place!

Advice to Management

Get younger help!

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2012-05-19
  2. "Great Company. Unfair and biased upper management and staff."

Former Employee - Vacation Sales Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Health Benefits. Hotel Perks

Cons

Questionable upper management who hire friends and family and make up positions for them.

Advice to Management

Employees see when you you treat one employee different from the other. Be mindful of your nepotism.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-23

"unprofessional"

Former Employee - Activities Coordinator in Park City, UT

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

met some cool friends. also met some cool guests on the tours i took.

Cons

unprofessional work environment- from regular employees all the way up to upper management. everyone was out to screw each other over. no team spirit. high turnover rate, except for upper management...

Advice to Management

work together and work with/respect your employees

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2018-06-01
  4. "Marketing Executive"

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time

Pros

Excellent commission and good support system.

Cons

Less chance for advancement due to limited upper management positions.

Advice to Management

Make scheduling fair by not giving the top earner the best schedule

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2017-11-29

"The experience I gained from the tumultuous times of MVW will never be forgotten."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Although there’s a twenty word minimum, one word sums it up - structure. MVW has clearly defined processes and procedures, so if monotony is your thing then MVW is the perfect fit.

Cons

No company is perfect because it is made up of humans and humans need perpetual affirmation that they’re doing a good job. MVW’s upper management primarily consists of the most brilliant insecure business professionals I’ve ever worked with. Ego stroking is a daily need and those who are the best ego strokers move to the front of the promotion line no matter their qualifications (or lack there of).

Advice to Management

Learn how to say “no” to cheerleaders trying to promote mindless dolts with a pretty smile who don’t understand, nor want to understand, the vacation ownership industry. And advice to the managed: diligent, accurate work will only get you ten more years in a cubicle if you’re reporting to a spineless manager who is more concerned about their own advancement than their team’s.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2017-10-25

"The worst company I have ever worked for!"

Former Employee - Ownership Advosor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time

Pros

Honestly the only Pro to this company is the great discounts you get on hotels!

Cons

Where do I begin? When you get hired they tell you that you make vacation dreams come true, that is literally a lie! There is very little inventory for the owners to book! The owners are rude and treat you horribly, every call you get is a angry owner who just screams at you! Out of the 15 systems they have you working on they don't work half of the time, most of the time the website is down for the owners to use!... Upper management does not like when you tell an owner the systems are down becasue it looks bad on them. When the Que is 200 calls in deep upper management will sit in one office and listen to calls all day and email you on what you could of done better. The scheduling department is a joke! They don't know what they are doing half of the time you have to correct them. This company will play favorites especially if you go to the same Mormon church! There is a lot of office politics when it comes to upper management most of it is back stabbing and talking badly about others. The company will change something and wait till the last minute to train you or don't train you at all. They had a gas leak in the building it took them two hours to evacuate the building and that was after people started getting really sick! The came around not asking us if we were OK but if a news crew came that we should not say anything about the leak and it was only a drill! It is very hard to grow within the company and it is not worth the pay! You are only a number to them not a hard working employee and they make it very clear you can be easily replaced!

Advice to Management

Maybe instead of caring about how good you look in your pretty little offices you should come out and converse with your hard working employees and make them feel appreciated!

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2016-12-01
  7. "I'll try Hilton"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good co workers. Good schedule and flexibility.

Cons

Upper management is dis organized and doesn't know how to communicate properly. And this is corporate... not very good.

Advice to Management

Communicate and organize better

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2016-05-16
  8. "It's pretty ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time

Pros

40 hr work week Family culture among the employees OT if you ask for it Benefits are good (if you can afford them)

Cons

Pay is not great Upper management is a pain Only promote brown nosers & never want to discipline said brown nosers Favoritism even amongst upper management is not a good look Upper management focuses on things about individuals that really don't matter but don't care about bigger issues

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism. Stop nit picking about irrelevant things. Focus on things that actually matter.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2016-04-13
  9. "Great company to work for!"

Pros

Great benefits and fun work atmosphere. Some of the great benefits are tuition reimbursement, great discounts on Marriott hotel rooms and health, dental, and vision insurance. The company 401k retirement plan is very nice too . Since I have been working for them they match 75% for every dollar an employee contributes up to 6% contributions. Too improve employee morale and team cohesiveness the company has nice... company events, such as quarterly celebration parties, and fun outings.

Cons

Pay is low for hourly employees, but from what I have seen this is standard in the hospitality industry. Communication from corporate and upper management does need improvement.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2015-11-09

"Only Promotes Slackers"

Former Employee - Activities Coordinator in Hilton Head Island, SC

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits for traveling in off season You meet cool people. Co workers and guests alike

Cons

Upper management only promotes their favorites. Even if they are terrible employees. I worked with the company for 3.5 years. I knew my job inside and out. But was passed up twice for a position that I had already been doing. I have a degree in hospitality but it doesn't really matter to upper management. I then got to watch while both of the hires they promoted over me messed everything up on a daily basis. After 3....5 years with the company I threw in the towel and walked away.

Advice to Management

Hire the loyal workers that have proven themselves instead of your new favorites. You might have a lower employee turnover.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2015-10-19