Want a Free Job Posting?

• Chattanooga, TN
  • Any Status
Mars Office of the President Grant F. Reid
Grant F. Reid

• Work life balance was always challenging (in 31 reviews)

• Open office working environment and punctuality bonus (or loose 10% of daily pay) may not appeal to everyone (in 14 reviews)

The What and the How

Former Employee - Senior Management in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Management in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Mars full-time (More than 10 years)

Company is organized. You can learn from this company.

You develop your successor. Then, you are gone. Mars moved from the "forced distribution" (Jack Welch ideology) to the "What and the How" with respect to mid and end of year Associate calibrations. Mars uses the "How" in a subjective manner to design their workforce. Lets put it this way.... If you are young and look good, you get promoted. If you have your head up someone's ___, you might survive past 50. Good luck. In short, you get around 50 years old and your days are numbered.

Advice to Management

Treat you tenured Associates who have worked so hard for you with respect and give them a chance. I seen so many people around 50 shown the door for no other reason but their age. Yes, use your power and take these very true statements off of this website. I am ashamed to have worked for this company where I did everything I could and in the right way. In short > one of these days, I hope to see a lawsuit against Mars around age descrimination. Your time will come.

Showing 1 of 509 review