Marsh McLennan Analyst Reviews

3.8
Marsh McLennan CEO Daniel S. Glaser
Daniel S. Glaser

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Marsh McLennan and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review of company

Feb 23, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst in Hoboken, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for movement, good management, fun culture

Cons

Nothing that doesn’t exist in other companies.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work from home

Mar 16, 2021 - Technical Analyst in Abington, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

WFH is on of the qualities I like about this company. Especially with children and the pandemic this has been a blessing for many parents.

Cons

At this current moment I can’t much about the cons.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

excellent working experience

Oct 30, 2020 - Actuarial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, work balance, experience

Cons

no slow seasons, mainly overloaded

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 27, 2020 - Data Analyst in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture at this company

Cons

There was a lot of work

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

They care about you!

Aug 24, 2020 - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, great coworkers

Cons

No complaints, they work with you

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Enjoyable work with limited recognition of performance

Oct 1, 2020 - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Provided work that was challenging and engaging.

Cons

Management's inability to recognize performance of it's non-sales staff was frustrating.

Continue reading
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

good starter job

Sep 9, 2020 - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance, nice working environment

Cons

career growth is limited, the reinsurance brokerage is shrinking

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good to work for

Aug 25, 2020 - AVP-Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for advancement and work environment

Cons

Management, politics. Loss of clientele

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Culture of Backstabbing / Wellbeing Depends on Happiness of the AD

Dec 22, 2019 - Plan Analyst in Troy, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Terrific colleagues in AM, PA and IT departments.

Cons

Happiness of the Plan Analyst depends on happiness of the Account Director or as they're now called, VPs. That dependence on how ADs interpret the quality of work from the PA is not psychologically healthy. Furthermore, at least at the Troy, MI location, they propagate a culture of backstabbing and snitching. Corporate literally encourages ADs to keep track of every single thing that PAs do wrong and then promptly report it to the management, who then writes up a PA. Simultaneously, all the things that the a PA does right, are ignored. It is the norm for ADs to request last second changes on the client presentations and that will more often than not lead to a PA making a mistake. When a PA brings this up to the management, the management will just simply brush it off and say, "this is normal and happens all the time and you are still responsible for accuracy". Words cannot begin to express the backwards mentality of such a statement. Recently this organization has a mass exodus of employees and while they say they are going to look inwards, I doubt they'll find anything wrong. The adult defensive way is always going to be to double down on bad decisions. I doubt they will start encouraging ADs to abstain from asking for last second changes, I doubt they will get rid of the flawed PA review system that encourages snitching your own teammate! It is abundantly clear to me, that this approach creates distrust, dislike and paranoia. I would not advice anyone to go and work there as a PA or an AM. They have Prima Donna salesmen and women and management has a 100% bias in bending over backwards to keep them happy. Very disappointed in my stay at MMA-MI.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Marsh McLennan Response

SVP, HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We recognize that each colleague’s perspective is unique, and regret that your experience with our organization was negative. Ultimately, our success is measured by our colleagues’ engagement and their impact on our clients. We pride ourselves on consistently being voted by colleagues in this office as a Cool Place to Work, a Best Place to Work, and a Top Workplace. We hope that you took an opportunity to share your feedback with the local leaders during your tenure.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

good by name but horrible culture

Nov 28, 2019 - IT Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

stability and a solid structure. solid middle management

Cons

poor salary increases, poor senior management, bad culture still ran with the 80s good ol boys mentality. hard to impossible to grow and they don't promote within. by far the worst health benefits i have ever had in my career, no perks at all.

2 people found this review helpful

Marsh McLennan Response

Employee Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your candid feedback; we’re sorry to hear about your experience at Marsh & McLennan as we strive to create a culture where all employees feel valued at work. We’re a people business, so we know that retaining and developing our colleagues is essential to what we do. Your compensation comes in many forms, including ways to take care of your health, take the next step in your career and build financial security. We encourage you to reach out to your HR business partner with any questions or concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews