Marsh & McLennan Agency Reviews

David Eslick
  1. "Simply the Best"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Impeccable Culture; Cutting Edge Technology; Avid Supporter of Education and Development; First-Class Benefits/Salary Package

Cons

Zero Cons come to Mind for Marsh & McLennan Agency

Marsh & McLennan Agency2020-04-20
  2. "Work from home balance"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

2 days work from home. More than enough vacation days. Plenty of resources to do your job well.

Cons

Tumultuous leadership changes don't seem to be well thought out.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2020-04-28
  3. "Best place to learn and grow in the insurance brokerage industry"

Current Employee - Producer

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture, great growth opportunities and leadership involvement & support

Cons

It is not a true con, but fast paced work environment

Marsh & McLennan Agency2020-03-10
  4. "Great culture and benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, bonuses, office location, management, PTO

Cons

Workload, wages, and required programming.. nothing too bad at all

Marsh & McLennan Agency2020-02-26
  5. "Dependent on culture"

Current Employee - Client Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They work really hard to cultivate a great culture. They support designations which is great if you have the time. They encourage growth. They are very flexible with scheduling which is great.

Cons

They encourage promotion but not with regards to pay. Going from one position to the next comes with a greater responsibility but a joke of a pay raise.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2020-02-21

"Slow to change"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

- work from home one day a week (if manager approves) - lots of free food YUM - new office - completely renovated - most of the people are really pleasant and great friends - wants to improve culture and is trying

Cons

- everything depends on your manager, if you have a manager that has high turnover, which is most open positions, you will probably have a bad time - slow to change, there is a lack of adaption to a newer generation, they are trying but it takes forever to get anything approved - slow to promote, takes about 2-3 years to get promotes with minimal pay increases - low pay for the amount of work you have - lack of training - lack of consistency between departments - very old school, work your way up and get treated poorly until you can work your way up 10 years later - culture lacks transparency - It doesn't matter how many times you go to HR, they aren't there for you. They are there to protect the company and those that are mistreating employees - pays low and unequally ( This did not affect me, however, it did affect my colleagues) - harassment can happen, document everything. This happened to not only me, but also multiple employees in similar roles. Seems like the "bottom line" is not appreciated

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-12-18
  7. "great place, not sure of direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

opportunity to maneuver around the organization, plenty of resources

Cons

salaries tend to be lower than competitors, leadership is not approachable

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-10-25
  8. "Not a bad agency to work for. One work from home day. Good people. Pay could be better."

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency

Pros

PTO Work from home day Good head of office

Cons

Not that much room for growth due to nature of the business

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-10-09

"Raleigh NC Leadership Poor"

1.0
    Former Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clients - the Beach Trip

Cons

The lack of authenticity is unparalleled in the Raleigh, NC office. No or untruthful communication. Outright untruths from leadership, HR does NOT support the employees, driven by dollars not good work for clients. Leadership plays favorites unashamedly. Good workers are not recognized while favorites are promoted without earning it. Oppressive and unhealthy at best.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-10-21

Marsh & McLennan Agency Response

October 29, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We take pride in our efforts to develop a culture where great work is recognized, where colleagues feel appreciated, and where teams do their best work for clients every day. We work hard to create opportunities for learning, feedback and career growth. I hope that while you were part of the Marsh & McLennan Agency family you had an opportunity to discuss your concerns with the local leadership team as well as with Human Resources.

10. "Associate Broker - long ramp up long term rewards"

Current Employee - Associate Broker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility in work life balance. Unlimited PTO. Unlimited growth potential ($$) if you commit to sales. Work as a local insurance agency but with global resources.

Cons

Long time to get started. Everyone agrees that it’s at least 2 or 3 years before it really starts taking off. Technology not great

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-09-04

Marsh & McLennan Agency Response

September 11, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled that you're enjoying good work-life balance and recognize the growth opportunities ahead of you. As for technology - I hope you've heard about some of the exciting initiatives we're rolling out. If not, please be sure to ask your local leaders!

• 1