Marsh & McLennan Agency Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Marsh & McLennan Agency Chairman and CEO David Eslick
David Eslick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They offer a ton of flexibility and a great work/life balance" (in 5 reviews)

• "From top to bottom this company is filled with great people" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can oftentimes be demanding and require long hours, including working on weekends" (in 3 reviews)

• "bureauocracy can be too much at times" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Acct Manager

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have a great culture. Open door policy, colleagues are supportive of one another, great teamwork, caring supervisor. We have great benefits, generous vacation, can work from home one day per week; we get a day off for our annual trip to Myrtle beach for a three day week end. Our clients love the work we do; there is room for advancement; good work life balance; insurance is a great career. Whenever I have been laid off I never had a hard time finding a job. I plan to retire from this company

Cons

open enrollment season/4th Q in employee health benefits can be very stressful and busy. some OT is needed to get all the work done

Advice to Management

Have PTO rather than vacation and sick days. Combine them. Allow working from home two days per week rather than one. budget for turnover; have a floater who knows several jobs who can fill in for the maternity leaves; sick leaves , turnover that is going to occur without a doubt each year

2. "Great company with an even better culture!"

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time

Pros

Great people and overall culture. They offer a ton of flexibility and a great work/life balance. The employees are treated like adults and trusted to get their jobs done without someone micromanaging them. Senior leadership team in Boston is incredibly down to earth and very approachable.

Cons

Due to certain technologies coming from the corporate office (laptops and cell phones for example) it can cause a delay in start dates for new hires. Leadership at the corporate level needs to take a look at a better way to provide the various regions with the technologies needed to hire someone in a quicker manner.

3. "Awful Management"

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for entry level benefit folks looking to get a foot in the broker/consulting door. Casual dress environment.

Cons

Expect to work very long hours for little to no bonuses for the account staff. Management is not flexible with work from home. Monotonous, lack of creativity, producers/ex-owners very self-centered and focused on themselves. Little to no room for growth or advancement. Training is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Start treating all levels of employees as equals. Increase pay, offer flexible work arrangements, training programs, selling incentives to account staff, advancement opportunities and clear guidlines on how to achieve each step in career goal.

May 9, 2018 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback and your contributions to MMA. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience . We strive to create an environment where employees feel challenged and... More

4. "Love it"

Current Employee - Producer in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in Northeast, NY

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is their strongest point - they simply "get it." They seem to have visionaries that are looking beyond day to day issues and more so toward the bigger picture. They also ask and legitimately care what each and every one of us as employees think about decisions regarding the organization and are constantly asked for input and new ideas.

Cons

If you are looking for just another job, then this place isn't for you. We are expected to wear multiple hats and be an ultimate contributor to the company's success far beyond what is included on a job description. Don't expect for big and unreasonable salary $$'s to be thrown at you in comparison to many others across the industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore the talents of your internal colleagues while taking risks on others from the outside. The diversity of personalities is what makes the organization unique.

5. "Plan Analyst - MMA MI"

Current Employee - Senior Plan Analyst in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Plan Analyst in Troy, MI

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

An immensely strong team of experts in the area of employee benefits. If you can get hired at this company, you will be part of a diligent, thoughtful and passionate culture of excellence.

Cons

An ever evolving industry where government regulatory changes and out of control medical and prescription drug costs makes every year a fast paced challenge.

Mar 5, 2018 – SVP, HR

We agree - we get to work among incredibly talented people! Our clients are in great hands as they navigate these complex changes.

6. "sign in"

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time

Pros

acquired top talent via acquisition and have developed even more with organic growth. customer focused, excellence expected and delivered. strong strategically, develop plans and execute them at a high level

Cons

nothing that keeps me up at night

7. "MMA Review"

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really is world class local touch. From top to bottom this company is filled with great people. Give independence but look for results.

Cons

Heard different stories from different branches. I can only speak on behalf of mine (West) in regards to quality of life here.

Advice to Management

N/A

Feb 27, 2018 – SVP, HR

Welcome to MMA! We're glad to hear that you have already experienced our great people and empowering environment.

8. "Good Company"

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time

Pros

PTO, Flexibility, Work from home one day a week

Cons

distribution of work, technology speed

9. "Manager"

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time

Pros

Great company to work for - superb leadership and quickly growing.

Cons

A division of a large, public multi-national organization so big corporation bureaucracy sometimes comes in play.

Advice to Management

Balance necessary corporate governance with preserving entrepreneurial culture.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is at least trying to be forward thinking in an aging industry.

Cons

Lots of Initial Promises of Growth

Advice to Management

Focus on Talent Retention, and perhaps on why you keep losing people, instead of perpetually hiring more people.

Feb 27, 2018 – SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you haven't experienced the growth you were looking for yet. We hope you will also provide your local leader and HR team with this input so they can take... More