Marsh & McLennan Companies Client Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Senior Client Advisor"

Former Employee - Senior Client Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Marsh brand is a big name in insurance and carries a lot of weight with clients, carriers, and others in the industry. There are lots of resources available to you if you know where to find them. You will have access to many talented and experienced colleagues.

Cons

Change comes slowly in a large organization like this. There is little thought given to the size or makeup of the book assigned to you. Work/life balance issues. Management ranges from excellent to incompetent (and everything in between).

Advice to Management

Your greatest assets are the Marsh name and your employees.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2019-05-09
  2. "Great opportunity!"

Client Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Marsh spares no expense for their employees. Tenure runs very high in the office to prove how much Marsh values their employees. The training process is comprehensive, inclusive, and every detail has been thought out. Staff is committed to a team environment and supporting each other. Resources are always available to help out employees. There is a high degree of professionalism in the office.

Cons

Being a very large company, there are many processes and workflows you have to learn to do your job correctly. Once you learn them it's no big deal. I really can't think of any major cons to working at Marsh.

Advice to Management

Management has been great. I'd love to meet more of the leadership, but I understand this is difficult as Marsh is nationwide.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2010-08-14

"First years of employment were good"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company looks good on paper but locally is a mess. Management is very selective to certain employees and to what they want to hear. This includes management that they report to that are in the east coast. Las Vegas is a Call Center environment. Promises and promises and nothing happens

Cons

Good benefits, good colleagues to work with. Hmmmm.....nothing else I can say

Advice to Management

To the local managers, Grow some and speak for your employees in vegas and dont be afraid to your bosses in the east coast.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2018-10-16
  4. "Great Starting Place in the High Net Worth Arena"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Hands off Management Style. Excellent managers who are flexible and when they feel you are responsible they don't hover. Flexible when needed at home. Great time off options.

Cons

Not too much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep doing as you have been over the last few years. The changes that have been made in our offices have been beneficial to everyone.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2018-03-29

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

April 2, 2018CHRO

Thanks!

"Short staffed"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of resources, big-name clients

Cons

Poor morale as management is not in touch with employees. Lack of staffing leads to poor quality and morale. A shell of its former great self.

Advice to Management

Make the company more personal again.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2015-07-08

"A 3 year swim in a shark tank"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great exposure and tremendous networking opportunities along with high profile clients.

Cons

No room for promoting within. It's definitely a "good ole boy" networking hierarchy. Yearly raises are minimal and hard work is not appreciated by management. If your manager likes you then be or she will fight for you at review time...if not, then you're screwed.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the people within your organization who actually handles the daily work in the trenches that literally keeps the company out of the "red".

Marsh & McLennan Companies2014-10-21

"Salary Good, but too internally focused"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Salary is good, local management is great, but corporate focus on internal processes and procedures makes client service a secondary goal, if that. Driven to automate to drive down costs and increase shareholder value.

Cons

Internal focus, lack of support, systems that do not work but employees are encouraged and rewarded for saying that they do. Spin machine in full use at all times.

Advice to Management

Get back to what Marsh was known for. Superior people, superior service, and work-life balance for colleagues.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2014-04-06

"Former PCS Employee"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Marsh employees are the best trained employees in the industry.

Cons

Local management seems to think they are above it all. They get away with treating hard working dedicated employees like dirt and even if employees file a complaint nothing is done about it by HR. And to add insult to injury those same managers get promoted and hard working valued employees get layed off.

Advice to Management

Make sure HR is documenting the employee complaints and pay attention, geez what does it take?

Marsh & McLennan Companies2014-01-05

"Positive"

Client Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Collaborative and great group of people

Cons

Salary is not competitive because the know they can get away with it because of their good reputation

Marsh & McLennan Companies2012-05-04

"It's not the worst place I've ever worked..."

Client Advisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

My position is stable (as stable as anyone's at any organization). I have been in the insurance industry for more than 25 years and Marsh is hopefully where I will end my career in insurance. Being in a smaller office has it's advantages - we are truly more like a family.

Cons

Hear that times are hard and raises will be minimal if at all - then we are bombarded with correspondence about new positions being created...

Advice to Management

Be honest. If times are hard for the "little people" they should be hard for the "big boys" too.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2009-01-18