Marsh & McLennan Companies Client Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Marsh & McLennan Companies CEO Daniel S. Glaser
Daniel S. Glaser
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Client Representative

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really take care of their employees and its a very organized relaxed work environment.

Cons

As a young person it may not be the corporate culture that you are looking for.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2019-08-07
  2. "No issues"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid company, relatively laid back environment. No issues, but each experience will vary based on the relationship with your manager.

Cons

Typical issues, de-centralized information coming from all over the place. Requires a lot of self study to understand the mechanics of the job.

Advice to Management

Focus on a core direction and a few things that you will be great at, instead of trying to be good at all things.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2016-09-12

"Pad your resume and fill your pockets after college"

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Norwood, MA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very basic job, simple interview process. A bunch of college buddies and myself applied here and were hired. It was an excellent stepping stone. A weekly paycheck, a large recognizable company. Great cafeteria.

Cons

Traffic is brutal, hours are long. Highschool culture: employees and management. its very easy to get trapped here but , I wouldn't suggest working here longer than six months

Advice to Management

treat employees like adults

Marsh & McLennan Companies2015-11-12

"Former Employee of 17 yrs."

Former Employee - Senior Client Representative

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Access to high profile Fortune 100 clients. Great co-workers with wide range of experience. Good benefits and paid time off is generous.

Cons

Outsourcing duties such as Accounts Payable to INDIA. Constant changes to software. Trying to produce an invoice and get it turned around within a day is almost impossible. Too much red tape! Below average raises for mid-tier employees. Communication from top to bottom is poor.

Advice to Management

Stop re-inventing systems Mdoc's etc...every 3-4 yrs. A new platfort/system will roll out but still has kinks that need to be fixed and little support to fix it in a timely fashion. Bring back jobs to the US so that when you do need to speak to someone in accounts payable that you can understand their English. Reward those employees that go above and beyond (more then a 3% raise!).

Marsh & McLennan Companies2014-05-22
  5. "Client Rep"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy going, exposer to different industries, good for people person

Cons

Can be boring at times. Unchallenging.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2013-09-11

"Great place to start out"

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great experience and exposure to different things

Cons

long hours and not the best management structure in place

Advice to Management

career development and training paths needed

Marsh & McLennan Companies2013-07-24

"Got out at the right time"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits were good. Lots of networking opportunities - I think it is still true that at the top levels we have some of the best minds in the business.

Cons

Constant restructuring. Communication between levels not always transparent. Very little thought given to providing any sort of work/life balance to employees. 24/7 expected. Even in 2013, with smartphones and a paperless environment, they require you to live in a major city in order to have any advancement opportunities. Smart people live in places other than Manhattan.

Advice to Management

Stop applying the one size fits all approach across industries and geographies.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2013-07-18
  8. "A pretty nice place to work!"

Former Employee - Client Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible, good management, Minneapolis folks are nice, senior management made a lot of change lately and company is doing better.

Cons

too many Client Execs doing nothing and not enough worker bees.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2012-10-29

"Overall it is satisfactory carreer advancement is limited if you in a certain position"

Senior Client Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

Great benefit package, great resources available, hours are from 8:30am to 5:30pm, largest risk management broker in the world.

Cons

Performance Reviews are biased, compensation needs to be raised for certain position, career limitations, more training needs to be provided in general to avoid large E&O's.

Advice to Management

Compensate employees fairly and accordingly compared to competition.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2012-01-17

"Overall good company"

Client Representative I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Companies

Pros

You have access to lots of thought around best practices and technical information. As a data junkie I enjoy this most in working for Marsh. We have experts in lots of subject areas and have the best resources to offer clients. People work hard and I haven't encountered the ethical problems or political b.s. I've seen in other workplaces (the NY situation was in no way indicative of the overall culture).

Cons

Cumbersome time-consuming procedures that predate transparency, remote management (NY can't help but be out of touch with local needs), no agency management system and lots of wholesale changes of systems with no conversion of data or thought of how much time the new procedure/system will take. The training is catch as catch can unless you're a new college grad but a mentoring program is being put into place. When... people leave they are never replaced in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Why are we always reinventing the wheel? We're almost over informed the constant changes in personnel and meeting announcing yet more changes are disheartening after while. If more thought about the impact of changes on the ground was made (see downsides regarding data conversion and staffing) they might be more heartily embraced instead of us stalling implementation until the next inevitable sea change - this is... unique to Marsh in my experience.

Marsh & McLennan Companies2008-09-07