Martin Marietta Materials Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Martin Marietta Materials CEO C. Howard Nye
C. Howard Nye

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is a great place to work with good benefits (in 14 reviews)

• They have great pay and benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance can get skewed at times due to production requirements (in 8 reviews)

• You will be working a lot of Long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. "Current employee review"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture of safety and ethics.
    Great pay and benefits.

Cons

You never run out of work to do.

Advice to Management

Never reduce emphasis on ethics.

2. "Great Company to Work For!"

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Impressive small company culture set at the top within a large and rapidly growing organization.

Cons

No negatives to report thus far

Advice to Management

Continue to try to maintain the culture that has been built as we continue to rapidly scale the organization.

3. "Dispatch"

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very employee friendly, great place to work, and most of all Excellent work/life balance.

Cons

The only cons I could thing of.... I found this company too late in my career. This place is a great place to build a career and retire from, and it needs to have a stock purchase program for it hourly employees.

4. "Team Players"

Current Employee - Service Desk in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Service Desk in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been involved in several projects since starting at Martin Marietta of varying levels of complexity. I've found the thing I enjoy most about working here is how easy it is to work cross functionally with other teams in the company. I'm always able to find people throughout the company willing to pitch in to help, which has greatly benefited the work I'm about to produce.

Cons

The company doesn't currently offer paid paternity leave, and doesn't have the ability to work from home on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see the company continue to provide career opportunities internally, as well as competitive compensation and benefits.

5. "Manager - Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teamwork across the board! Great tone at the top! Good location.

Cons

Health insurance not so great. Pace of projects is not very fast. Pay is not at the top for the region. Short-staffed for the amount of acquisitions we go through.

Advice to Management

Increase head-count, incentivize high performance, be here during peak busy times.

6. "Great company, Safety is paramount"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people employed at Martin Marietta are among the best in the industry! Safety is truly the most important thing from Ward Nye down to every employee. The benefits are out of this world: pension, 401(k) contributions, tuition reimbursement, scholarship opportunities for your children, good pay, excellent health/dental/vision. Growth opportunities abound.

Cons

There aren't cons. I left for a bit and came running back!

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep all employees as your focus as you do! Safety should remain paramount!

7. "Greatest company in our industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Martin Marietta is far and away the best company in the aggregate, ready mix and asphalt/paving industry. With a sharp focus on safety, ethics and sustainability, Martin Marietta strives to provide long and prosperous careers for its employees. I am part of a newer acquisition and can say without a doubt that this company has implemented a culture that our employees are very excited about. I have worked for several publicly held building materials companies and consider Martin Marietta the standard.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I enjoy what I am doing and the company provides the support we need to be successful.

Advice to Management

Keep the "family" feel. It is impressive that such a large company can operate successfully without employees feeling it is too "corporate."

"Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Martin Marietta's Culture is built on a solid foundation of ethical behavior, safety always and continuous improvement through thoughtful attention to detail. Martin Marietta is committed to excellence, its people and its shareholders. The company is interested in building careers not just jobs.

Cons

The company expects a lot from its employees. Compared to peers, overhead cost is extremely low. But, it is a rewarding and challenging place to work and build a career.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, continue to expand and generate opportunities for employees.

9. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Midwest, WY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Midwest, WY

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for 18 years. Best place I have ever worked. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

None that I can think of. I enjoy what I do and the people I work with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

10. "Outstanding company to work for!!!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Martin Marietta Materials full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to advance if you apply yourself, management is great from top to bottom. Future is looking good with growing Martin Marietta

Cons

Need to attacked good people to work here