Martindale-Nolo Reviews

Updated Mar 13, 2020

3.6
Martindale-Nolo President Chris Braun (no image)
Chris Braun
Pros
  • "HR also made great effort to provide a friendly work environment(in 7 reviews)

• "Surrounded by great people that make you look forward to going to the office every day"(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No room for growth in the company or for your personal skill set(in 4 reviews)

• "You didn't have a book of business that you could depend on, meaning if you worked for years to build your book of repeat business up to(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company!"

5.0

I have been working at Martindale-Nolo full-time for less than a year

Pros

great staff, great management, no drama, structured environment, and good ethics.

Cons

None so far from what I've seen.

2. "Don't Recommend"

2.0

I have been working at Martindale-Nolo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- location - new office - friendly co-workers - flexible hours

Cons

- Poor culture from headquarters down - Many people are expected to do multiple jobs without extra pay - High expectations with minimal (if any) effort to show employee appreciation

3. "Decent Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Web Support

I have been working at Martindale-Nolo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You are not micro managed

Cons

No new projects, raises are horrible, management is not always accessible.

4. "Highly recomended!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Martindale-Nolo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, good people and a conducive work environment. The sales managers are supportive, understanding and are available to you all the time. You will make money and I recommend them.

Cons

No upward mobility/ career path.

Continue reading

"Fantastic coworkers but little to zero autonomy, difficult clients, and very low pay."

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Martindale-Nolo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Account Management team has brilliant and helpful coworkers that make your hard days better.

Cons

Keeping difficult clients on board with a difficult product can be very draining. Very stressful work environment that is felt from top management down, creating low morale. This is an hourly position and the rate is very low in comparison to other Account Management positions. No room for growth in the company or for your personal skill set.

"Good Company, Environment"

5.0
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Martindale-Nolo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great and great to work with, uplifting and positive. Good upper management.

Cons

Can't think of any right now.

April 23, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and feedback! We're happy to hear that the management team and your peers gave you the support necessary to succeed during your time with us. Best wishes in your new endeavors!

"Average Experience"

I worked at Martindale-Nolo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good company culture, friendly employees, good for learning new skills and career growth

Cons

Pay is way below market rate, company is overall cheap/stingy

"Don't recommend.."

I worked at Martindale-Nolo full-time

Pros

-flexible schedule -friendly coworkers -end of month lunches -casual dress code -good work life balance

Cons

-increased micro management -management turns blind eye to feedback from customers instead of trying to keep good rapport with them -lots of internal issues that dont get resolved after months, affecting your relationship with clients -no transparency between management and departments -attorneys are a difficult client base to work with in general

October 8, 2018Director of Sales

Great to hear you enjoyed many aspects of working with us. While we cannot accommodate all requests, we are interested in and encourage customer and employee feedback. Any unresolved issues that impact client satisfaction are important to us, so we suggest an open dialog with leadership for awareness and so we can support you. Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We wish you all the best.

"Account manager"

I worked at Martindale-Nolo full-time

Pros

Laid back environment, PTO and Benefits, flexible Schedule, No weekends, free coffee, casual dress code.

Cons

No room for growth in the company. Low base pay. Dealing with attorneys that are rude and won’t follow up with you .

October 8, 2018Director of Sales

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. Glad you enjoy many aspects of working with us. Growth can happen and we love to promote from within. Your feedback is welcome, so please reach out to your manager if you'd like to discuss further.

"Inside Sales Representative"

1.0
    Legal Marketing Representative in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Martindale-Nolo for less than a year

Pros

You can make okay money if you know how to manipulate management and the system.

Cons

Simply put, this is a pit of misery. The work is drudgery, co-workers are loud and disrespectful, and management is a joke. Managers feed leads to a few of their favorite reps, the rest starve. Managers hide in the corner and will surreptitiously listen in on your phone calls. A couple of reps get paid $1000 per deal, everyone else gets a maximum of $475. There are no territories, tenured reps know how to work the system and will steal your deals. "Rules of Engagement" is a farce. They are constantly running out of coffee. The proposal system keeps failing. Nothing is good here. Those positive job reviews must be fake because everyone hates it here.

October 8, 2018Director of Sales

We do our best to be supportive of our team and provide transparency on all policies including commission and engagement rules. All reps have an assigned territory. We are upfront about how leads are distributed. We've improved our coffee ordering process and our proposal tool works the majority of the time. Our mission is to make working here fun and lucrative. We appreciate constructive feedback and listen to employee suggestions. We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Take care, and good luck in the future.

Found 70 reviews