Marxent Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Marxent CEO Beck Besecker
Beck Besecker
  1. Featured Review

"Culture is everything and they have it in abundance."

Former Employee - Business Development Lead in Centerville, OH

I worked at Marxent full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is nothing like working for a leader and a company that truly value their employees.

Cons

Startups can be volatile and fast with change. Nothing exclusive to Marxent.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with company decisions.

Marxent2019-07-26
  2. "Awesome Environment, Culture, Work and People"

Current Employee - Merchandising in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Marxent full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work that we do is rewarding and we work hard, however, work life balance is encouraged. It's great to be at a company where you are able to see your personal impact and influence on a regular basis. It is truly a team effort to accomplish the projects that we do and no task is too small or too big for anyone--everyone is willing to help with any work that needs to be done. You own your own development and... are able to contribute suggestions and ideas freely. The commradery among the total team is unmatched and the effort and input by every contributor is refreshing in today’s work environment. Leadership encourages and trusts each lead to get their work done and is continually open to feedback which fosters a true trust between the employees and the CEO + CTO.

Cons

Communication can sometimes be tricky, but has vastly improved. This is likely due to two offices in OH and FL, but again something that each employee has real ownership of. The effort each individual puts behind this will directly impact the final output.

Advice to Management

Your approach of wanting to know what you'd do differently from employees is welcome and refreshing--keep it up!

Marxent2019-08-27
  3. "Challenging And Satisfying"

Current Employee - Web Services Developer in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Marxent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with very intelligent and helpful group of people. Everyone is willing to help out when needed. We're not afraid to take on large challenges. Company is leader in an emerging market. Get to learn and develop in new technologies.

Cons

Company is aggressive to maintain market share. This does make it a challenge to meet goals, leading to working more hours.

Marxent2019-09-10
  4. "Good for devs not as good for artists"

Current Employee - 3D Modeler in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Marxent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, new technologies being explored

Cons

Lack of upward mobility, since dealing with new technologies means there is no written book about it, it creates instability in the workflow and constant readjusting of the goals and ways to archived it. Long days were common, mostly for developers but for artists as well.

Marxent2019-06-18
  5. "Marxent"

I have been working at Marxent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, new office (Dayton), flexibility and a laid-back but engaging environment.

Cons

No real cons come to mind, just make sure you are always at the top of your game.

Marxent2019-05-08

"Content Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

I have been working at Marxent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Size: Marxent's Dayton office is home to ~40 employees. It is easy to get familiar with the team, and the relatively small size means you are working right next to managers and team leaders. The CTO (and occasionally CEO) are in the office every day, so the entire hierarchy of Marxent feels well connected and cohesive. Culture: Marxent's company culture is ambitious but understanding. Employees are definitely... encouraged to work hard and work efficiently, but with clear respect shown for balance and personal time. The paid time off system is easily understood and accessible, lunch breaks are encouraged as part of team-building, and working from home (especially for health/familial reasons) is almost always an option. As long as you are working efficiently and effectively, Marxent is a very flexible environment. Business: Being a part of Marxent's team means having the opportunity to immediately begin doing meaningful work on important projects. There are "small roles" here; every position is designed to play an important part in a well tuned process. That process is continually changing, so new team members play a large part in shaping how that process evolves. This is an additional benefit of joining a relatively small team.

Cons

Clear delineation of responsibilities: Marxent is very much a company that embraces "anyone can do anything/take over any role", which is definitely a 'pro' for a lot of reasons. However, this can sometimes lead to a lack of clear objectives and tasks for new team members. While Marxent utilizes an Agile framework and a task/routing system, the effectiveness of these tools varies depending on what team you are a... part of. I have occasionally found myself reaching out to numerous different team members asking for work since I had finished what was assigned to me and had no clear instructions on what to do next.

Marxent2019-01-15
  7. "Culture"

I have been working at Marxent full-time

Pros

Great culture, collaborative teams, willingness to help Innovative mindset, continuous improvement, customer focused Weekly company checkpoints

Cons

More work needed to meet customer timelines

Advice to Management

Continue ongoing investment as we scale

Marxent2018-08-21

"Challenging, rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Marxent full-time

Pros

- Incredibly motivated, talented staff -Rapidly growing industry -Dazzling tech -Invested, responsive, transparent management

Cons

-Must be comfortable working in agile, ever-changing environment -Processes need to be refined and, in some cases, instituted for the first time

Marxent2018-07-11
  9. "Unlike any other place"

I have been working at Marxent full-time

Pros

Marxent has an environment and culture unlike any other fostering personal and professional growth. Marxent is a great mix of intelligent down to earth people who are passionate about what they are doing. After working at Marxent I know that I could not work anywhere else.

Cons

If you need a lot of guidance at work then this is not the place for you. Very fast passed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

Marxent2016-08-22
  10. "Excellent Workplace Culture, Fulfilling Projects"

Software Developer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Marxent for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to be a part of an industry leader in Virtual and Augmented Reality e-commerce platform development. High value placed on workplace culture and supporting interpersonal relationships. Deeply fulfilling projects which result in real personal and team accomplishments. Growing development teams with exceptional opportunities for internal advancement.

Cons

The innovations being developed require a strong sense of personal ownership and drive.

Marxent2016-08-22