Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital Reviews in Lebanon, NH | Glassdoor

2.5
CEO
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "In many ways it was great to work here. It was great at the beginning but got tough at the end of 20 years there."

Former Employee - Radiology in Lebanon, NH
    Former Employee - Radiology in Lebanon, NH

I worked at Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay was good...coworkers were fun. Working some late nights to stay away from politics was great! Parking ok. Had great benefits at beginning.

Cons

Lack of advancement. Many in management never leave. Taking away benefits every year that I was finally eligible and putting off raises every other year was very frustrating and painful to the pocket book. Increasing insurance costs and removing or reducing benefits made me feel less valued as an employee. Failure to deal with manager problems after so many years...it took a few of us to finally leave before upper management finally made a change.

Advice to Management

Bring back some benefits...reduce burden on health insurance for employees. Take care of your staff. Listen to your employees...pay better, and yearly raises as everyone expects. Share the wealth...buy new equipment.

2. "Senior Buyer"

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital are the main mall food court, easy access to the out-patient pharmacy to pick up prescriptions and working with really great people.

Cons

Some of the down sides of working at Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital are the parking, for staff and patients, new management reorganization of departments and Senior Leadership's aspirations to be the best in the nation has led to them losing sight of MHMH's roots as a community hospital.

Advice to Management

Get back to our roots, focus on the community, save money but not at the expense of people who have dedicated many years, their time and effort to making MHMH/D-H great.

3. "Hospital doesn't promote from within."

Former Employee - Secretary II in Lebanon, NH
    Former Employee - Secretary II in Lebanon, NH

I worked at Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and physical environment to work in.

Cons

Very political, impossible to get ahead career-wise.

Advice to Management

Promote from within.