Masco Cabinetry Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Joseph Gross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You get good benefits once you finally get hired on with the company (in 7 reviews)

• Somewhat decent pay and benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Get ready for dictatorship and incompetent upper management to not listen to you (in 10 reviews)

• If strategy exists no one knows what it is (in 3 reviews)

1. "Struggling to find an identity"

I worked at Masco Cabinetry full-time

Pros

Great corporate office, product quality, brand recognition

Cons

Leadership turnover, internal politics, cost awareness/forecasting, product innovation, processes

Advice to Management

While not unique to Masco Cabinetry, the demonization of sales people for margin slide is a big problem here yet the most significant drain on profitability are the internal processes. Focus internally in making the nuts and bolts operate efficiently instead of band aiding broken systems and processes.

2. "Really disheartening place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Adrian, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Coordinator in Adrian, MI

I worked at Masco Cabinetry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best coworkers you will ever encounter.
    Food days.

Cons

I'm not sure what it is, but somehow this place can take the best of people and turn them into the worst. I worked here for almost 4 years and the last 1 year was the worst year in my professional career. There is constant change and never any consistency which causes middle management to fear for the jobs. Because of this, they demand overtime (yes, it's mandatory) from their employees (rarely ever showing up themselves) so that when they report back to Upper Management there will not be as much pressure to perform better.
    Hardly ever will you encounter a manager who is respectful and kind to those they supervise. They view their job as the highest of high positions and that it entitles them to special privileges which include condensation and disrespect to those under them. The work is quite easy but can somehow be made into the most complicated of work because no one there knows how to keep a deadline or function without stress. They create these great initiatives but never follow through with them. When push comes to shove and they realize they goofed, they just fire everyone to cut costs. Those that are smart, leave. This causes even more work for those left behind because those positions are never replaced. There really isn't anywhere to move up in the company unless you want a management position. I worked there for 4 years and received a total of $.15 as a raise and always performed very well on my reviews.
    It really is one of the saddest places to work. Masco will tell you how great they are and that they have benefits upon benefits but read the reviews, these people aren't lying. Masco all but threatens you to love your job telling you that you will never find an employer better when in reality most have left and done just that.
    Don't apply here and don't accept a job here, you really will hate it. Let the company do what it should have done a long time ago and close it's doors.

Advice to Management

Be more positive.
    Support your team.
    Don't let upper managements bitterness and stress trickle down to those that actually do the work.
    Be humble.
    Reward you employees who sacrifice nights and weekends with their families to finish projects.

3. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Great office space, friendly people

Cons

In the short time that I interned there, I did not find any cons

4. "Fake Managers"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Mount Jackson, VA
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Mount Jackson, VA

I worked at Masco Cabinetry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is very good for the area. Employees are fun to work with.

Cons

To move up, you have to be a part of a clique. If you do move up and is not a part of a clique, be prepared to be bullied. Ideas are only as good if the "right" people thought of them. Employees are constantly put in harms way because management has no idea of proper management. Be prepared to be blamed for every thing that goes wrong. Long hours and that is due to mismanagement.

Advice to Management

Need leadership course. Current management is toxic leadership. They have no clue as to how to treat employees. You have to wonder as to how some employees became supervisors and leads.

5. "Good"

Pros

Good place to work really live this job

Cons

The long hours are realllly reallly long

Advice to Management

I love this job and the people that i work with

"most disheartening place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middlefield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middlefield, OH

Pros

good pay and benefits and those are the ONLY pros

Cons

Miserable, unprofessional supervisors/managers, rude. Entire place had low morale pretty much the entire several years I was there. You feel like you're in grade school, you are timed and watched every minute, I tried to make my bathroom runs in less than 90 seconds...not easy, You are spied on, by time I left, you weren't even allowed to use a cough button, your mike was to be on at all times even if you were not on the phone with a customer. Mandatory 2 hours overtime pretty much every day, Not voluntary, mandatory! (they said voluntary and then would email you and say if we don't get enough voluntary, it will be mandatory, and it almost always ended up mandatory) They don't care about your family life. Forced to work more Saturdays than they led me to believe when I first was hired. There was no encouragement, in spite of having high ratings in my report card, we were all made to feel like dirt. So many were always looking for another job, a way out, but the pay and benefits kept them there. The stress wasn't worth it for me and I left for another job in spite of accepting a pay cut and losing benefits. It was a good move! It was so refreshing to look forward to going to work every day again once I left! All the tension/stress and physical issues....gone! :-)

Advice to Management

get rid of all supervisors and even the manager and start fresh, hire professionals with people skills. (or at least make the ones there accountable for their behavior...maybe they need to be audited and spied on like you spied on us, you'd be shocked by their behavior!) Make overtime voluntary only. Let people have a choice for more time with their kids/families.

"Keep your resume handy if you work here"

Former Employee - Marketing in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Masco Cabinetry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job
    Yearly bonus is nice, when the company actually makes money, which isn't often
    A lot of the people, before they are fired or leave, are nice

Cons

Pay is not commensurate with experience and raises are non existent
    Too many members of management, too few actual people working
    They follow trends, not make them
    They like to quote innovative ideas and processes, but never follow them
    CEO speaks to workers as if they are an annoyance to him

Advice to Management

Purge the management class and promote

8. "Lots of Change"

Former Employee - Field Sales Representative/Account Manager
    Former Employee - Field Sales Representative/Account Manager

I worked at Masco Cabinetry full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It really depends on the department in which you work, but things are always changing and it depends a lot on the economy. You can make good money and overtime when the economy is strong.

Cons

Managers change a lot and Masco lays off people when the economy gets slow.

"Company was great at one time! Dont be fooled!"

Pros

Benefits and people. The fringe benefits are very good and a great pool of talent. The pool of talent is going down due to people leaving because of the incompentancies from upper management

Cons

Get ready for dictatorship and incompetent upper management to not listen to you. No care of the employee or work balance life.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the cancer

"Better all the time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Masco Cabinetry full-time

Pros

Beautiful campus with onsite cafeteria, professional environment, lots of development opportunities and internal promotions.

Cons

Although very profitable, we tend to run lean.