Masergy Reviews

4.2
Masergy Chairman and CEO Chris MacFarland
Chris MacFarland
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no cons, everyone is great and helpful(in 19 reviews)

• "Like any place that experiences continuous growth of greater than 18% year over year you will experience some growing pains(in 10 reviews)

1. "A great company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Masergy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

not much to complain about

May 19, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review!

"Decent Company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Network Engineer

I worked at Masergy full-time for more than a year

Pros

They encourage learning and getting additional IT Certifications.

Cons

The high turnover rate at this company.

July 31, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We are continuing to move forward with excitement for the future!

3. "Great Company that cares about employee growth!"

Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at Masergy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership at Masergy goes out of their way to make sure you feel empowered and are on a career trajectory for growth. They make strategic decisions that are best for the company overall and have a culture that promotes team. They are family friendly and genuinely want employees to feel like they are well taken care of.

Cons

Working remotely can be hard because the corporate office has so many cool things for the employees there!

March 4, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your outlook and employee experience in your first year! We are glad to have you as part of the family and are excited about your professional growth and the success of the company ahead!

4. "Great and Growing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Masergy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very professional and timely interview process. I always knew where I was in the process and what next steps were. I was treated with respect and consideration throughout. Having worked in the Marketing department for five months, the positive effect of the leadership is undeniable. The department is scaling to meet the needs of the organization, new hires are coming in, and the department is working together with the goal of becoming a world-class Marketing organization. Roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and it has been a pleasure to learn, grow, and produce while collaborating with new and current employees that share the same passion for marketing and the organization. The organization is obviously committed to investing in marketing and this group is focused on helping to grow the organization.

Cons

Not necessarily a Con, but this company is serious about driving its growth in the market, and as such, it requires all employees to work hard and contribute to that success. The people I collaborate with daily are passionate, smart and hard working. If you bring similar traits and ethics to your work, you should do fine. If you are looking to slip through the cracks, this may not be the place for you.

January 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your employee experience and advice! We are so proud of the impact that the Marketing team is making and the collaboration between you all and the other departments. Keep up the great work and enthusiasm, it is showing!

"Mediocre at best. Look elsewhere."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Masergy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work/Life balance was good. - For the most part, there are still good people working at Masergy especially if they're part of the "Old Guard". The leadership on the Network and Communications side of the house were phenomenal to work with. - Insurance wasn't bad. - Best to work here as a stepping stone to a greater career. However, the logo doesn't mean much on a resume. I've found that almost no one knows who Masergy is or how to even pronounce the name.

Cons

For starters, don't believe a lot of the recent over-hyped, 5 star reviews on here. This is an internal push from leadership to make Masergy appear like the "greatest" company to work for. It USED to be a great company, but not so much anymore. - Pay compared to industry standards is really, really low. It's bad when multiple recruiters tell you how underpaid you are. - Network: this used to be Masergy's strongest solution. However, competition has outpaced the current offering - I had multiple prospects tell me this to my face. Now they're trying to integrate a bunch of add-ons like "security" (literally just enabling options on Fortinet equipment to inspect traffic). - Voice/Cloud Comms: employees avoid using it internally, so that should tell you everything you need to know. It's comparable to a messaging app from 2002. Everything about the communications software and app is antiquated. There are much better and more modern solutions available. - Security : (managed detection (maybe) and response (if you remind us)) is an absolute joke run by amateurs. When you think of who runs security here, think of sleazy used car salesmen, uber nerds with trust issues and inflated egos, and wanna-be bros who wear too much cologne. There's also no diversity or women on the security side of the house. It's literally all white males. The product is really old and the road map hadn't been updated in years (a constant complaint from the few customers I had with the solution). Again the answer has been to add in a handful of 3rd party integrations. There's also high turnover among the dev team which speaks volumes about the actual integrity of the product. They're bailing water as quickly as they can to try to save that side of the business, but more leaks keep popping up. Outlook: not so good. - New CEO and some of the Executives he brought in have been rejected by the staff and the culture. The new CHRO (Maria Gotes) and CMO (Becky Carr) are toxic people firing or driving away anyone that crosses their path (see other reviews on here). Don't believe me? If you interview, ask about the layoffs and turnover over the past 18 months. - Masergy is a company that preaches digital transformation, but still runs off of spreadsheets and homegrown programs that are garbage. Forget trying to get correct billing or contract information on any of your customers. If you reach out to either of those teams, it will take weeks and multiple calls/emails to get an answer back. - Disparate solutions that have led to silos in teams which has led to some nasty internal politics. - A warning to potential customers: there is no defined "customer journey". You will get sold a solution and Masergy will forget about you. If you need something, just go to your Sales Rep, because there's nobody else to nurture and assist accounts after the sale. This is a complete oversight and a misstep by Masergy. Sure, there is a NOC/SOC, but they're break/fix and that's it. The NOC and SOC aren't really even support. There's literally no dedicated support teams. - As a secondary warning to other sales reps looking to work here: you will be expected to either farm or hunt, but also maintain relationships, resolve billing issues, and hand hold every single customer since there's nobody else around to pickup the customer after you close. - Better confirm and reconfirm your compensation plan because when it comes time to pay out comps, they will change the rules on you, then fire you when you object. I watched this play out the week before Christmas with one of the top up and coming reps in the company (Club winner as well). - No direction. When Chris Macfarland was leading the company, people actually had a spark in their eye and a passion for this company. Now that James Parker, Bob Laskey, and their cronies have taken over, the company has taken a turn for the worst. Bob Laskey is nice to your face, but a complete jerk behind closed doors. He's more concerned about his family ski vacations than being a true leader and a decent human being. I personally liked James Parker at first, but this jump to CEO for him may not have been the best move. I wanted to believe he had good intentions, but with everything that went on in 2019, it's easy to think he's just there for the payout. I also sat with him multiple times and had several in-depth conversations - at the 2019 Thanksgiving office party, he shook my hand and asked my name. I either wasn't that important to him or he just isn't invested in (read: doesn't care about) his employees as much as he says.

February 28, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your perspective. High growth companies are constantly changing and innovating and Masergy is just that. We couldn’t be more proud of our employees from front line sales, to billing, service, the NOC/SOC team and everyone in between, each who work tirelessly to serve our customers. This is why we have one of the lowest churn rates in the industry and recruit over 50% of our new hires from employee referrals.

6. "10/10"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Plano, IL

I have been working at Masergy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The support and development they put into their teams. They actually want you to get better and take you to that next step in your career. Everyone is super helpful and kind. I would not want to be anywhere else.

Cons

Work-life balance is hard to manage at times. But totally do-able.

January 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your comments and for sharing your employee experience over the last couple of years. We are proud to know you are growing and being developed for more in your career path. Helping each other and supporting others makes Masergy special throughout all of our departments, we are all responsible to keep that going by paying it forward whenever we can.

7. "Amazing Culture, Innovative Solutions, Growing Business"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Team Leader in Plano, TX

I have been working at Masergy full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Masergy you hit the trifecta - really incredible, smart and passionate people who are all focused on collaborating to win in the market. Second the products and solutions are truly differentiated in the market and compelling to clients. Third, the business is growing so it's investing in the future. The leadership team is in complete lock step and while a lot of new folks in the C-Suite, all are heavy hitters with huge amounts of experience and expertise. The change has been dramatic the past 12 months - but so have the results.

Cons

If you aren't interested in working hard then don't join the team. People who are not passionate, smart and innovative won't make it.

January 19, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your employee experience! Enthusiasm is contagious and we are glad you are feeling the amazing momentum and passion of the future!

8. "Growing company with a fun culture"

Current Employee - Administrative in Plano, TX

I have been working at Masergy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring management, good salary and benefits, career growth, fun company social events and amazing teammates.

Cons

Growing pains. Some systems need to be updated asap to make life easier. Lots of work.

January 16, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your employee experience with us. We are excited to hear you are having fun with the people and our culture! We are continuing to automate processes and looking for more efficient ways to help our employees reach their professional goals. Your feedback is valuable to our success. Thanks again!

9. "Great Team, Company and Leadership"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Masergy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The marketing team is a group of amazing and smart people that support each other, have a strong work ethic and always go above and beyond . I enjoy working with every one of our team members. Our sales and marketing leadership, and our CMO, are open and accessible to employees, which is not always the case in Technology . It is truly a small family. Masergy is very committed to ensuring our customers have the best experience possible and that means a lot to me. Masergy has a great future with a laser focused vision to make the organization successful and its employees.

Cons

Benefits could be even better. Focus on work/life balance across the teams.

January 29, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. We definitely are a family and we are glad you feel the support and encouragement from your team and others! We have some exciting learning and development projects coming soon as well as always working to improve our onboarding experience. Thank you for your suggestions!

10. "Great company during the MPLS years"

Former Employee - Director in Plano, TX

I worked at Masergy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very talented engineering and ops folks. The company has done exceptionally well during the years prior to cloud computing and cloud applications

Cons

Didnt quite make the pivot early enough to capitalize on the migration to cloud services. Lagging behind now with SD-WAN

January 13, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing your employee experience with Masergy and for the compliment to our amazing engineering and operations teams. Your feedback will assist us in our continuous improvement as an employer and service provider. We wish you success in your future!

Found 375 reviews