Mashable Editorial Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 3 reviews

2.9
Mashable CEO Pete Cashmore
Pete Cashmore
  1. "Best internship I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Editorial Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Mashable for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here loves what they do, and you can feel it. The young staff is very motivated to mentor interns, because they were in your shoes not too long ago. And the very fast-growing company frequently hires people after their internships. Very comfortable offices with a lounge-like area if you're more productive on the couch than in a cubicle. Friday afternoons=happy hour. Need I say more?

Cons

At least when I was there (not sure if it's changed since but I doubt it), interns needed to bring in their own computers to work on. Not a huge deal, just a logistical concern. Honestly, can't really think of any cons! Amazing place to intern.

Mashable2014-03-26

"Fun environment, diverse opportunities; management is a mess"

Current Employee - Editorial in New York, NY

I have been working at Mashable

Pros

I was an intern for about four months, and later hired as staff. I was able to work on an extremely diverse range of projects and even pitch/produce my own. I felt well utilized, and the company culture was always fun and relaxed. Facilities are great, and Mashable recently moved to a very sleek new office right around Union Sq. (great location).

Cons

Higher management has no direction and is a complete mess, and as a result the quality of work has suffered. The company is still very much struggling to find the right direction for several of its departments.

Advice to Management

Invest in better equipment resources that are actually useful to staff, instead of fancy TVs and furniture, that look cool, but are useless.

Mashable2015-03-15
  3. "No vision"

Current Employee - Editorial in New York, NY

I have been working at Mashable full-time

Pros

Fun coworkers, lots of traffic

Cons

No editorial backbone, marketing department runs everything, and there's nobody there to learn from.

Advice to Management

Consider respecting the edit department.

Mashable2014-03-12