Mashable Intern Reviews | Glassdoor

Pete Cashmore

"Amazing internship experience"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I worked at Mashable

Pros

-Fun and generally relaxed work environment -Friendly employees -Managers and coworkers take the time to get to know you -Very learning oriented -Overall an amazing place to intern, the office environment is never dull and all the people that work there are full of creative energy

Cons

-The workplace can be a little cliquey, be prepared to be social and outgoing if you want to have a a worthwhile experience -Although they are making efforts to improve this, a lack of diversity is still an issue

Advice to Management

-While having an organized internship project is a great wait to foster connections and camaraderie among interns, it becomes too much of a hassle as interns take on more responsibilities later on in the program

Mashable2016-03-28
  2. "Good Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Mashable for more than a year

Pros

collaborative work environment, kitchen, video production. After some time people were very nice but it definitely took some time as an intern to have anyone look at you twice.

Cons

management, lack of transparency, lack of direction - I just think so many people don't know what they're doing or even supposed to be doing. There is also a huge disconnect between editorial and anything having to do with sales- but I think you'll find that at most media publishers unfortunately.

Mashable2018-01-15
  3. "Great opportunities, mediocre management"

Current Employee - Tech Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Mashable for more than a year

Pros

A great way to get amazing bylines read by millions and really start to gain a following. You get to go to fancy parties and media events all the time and work with quite accomplished writers.

Cons

The managers are slow and often take a really long time to edit yrur stuff. You have to be super proactive or you won't get any feedback on your work.

Advice to Management

Stop sugarcoating advice to interns. Tell them what they are doing wrong so they can grow.

Mashable2017-12-15
  4. "Social Media Intern"

Current Employee - Social Media Intern in Hempstead, NY

I have been working at Mashable for less than a year

Pros

Great environment; great team; great food; great atmosphere.

Cons

No complaints really; everything is going well.

Mashable2016-02-23

"Best Place I've Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Mashable

Pros

Amazing culture. Beautiful new office. Everyone loves their jobs. Lots of enthusiasm around the office. Interns are treated just like employees. Start-up vibe with solid financial backing since the company is expanding very quickly and receiving lots of venture capital injections. Everyone's always happy to help you. Weekly breakfasts and happy hours. You can easily have a conversation with a C-suite employee over beer...

Cons

Mashable does tend to hire a lot of its interns, but since it's a growing company, they won't write you an full time offer months/a year in advance like a lot of bigger companies do.

Mashable2015-11-20
    • "Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Mashable for less than a year

Pros

Tons of freedom and flexibility Biweekly happy hours and team breakfasts Laid back office culture

Cons

If you want to transition from intern to full-time, you're going to have to take it into your own hands

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with whether or not you plan to keep your interns rather than giving them the "budget costs" runaround

Mashable2015-06-03
    • "Great Company"

Current Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Mashable part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture is amazing, the employees are great and friendly and very welcoming. Endless opportunity to move up. The company is moving in the right direction.

Cons

Nothing to say here really.

Mashable2014-05-15
    • "Best internship I've ever had!"

Former Employee - Editorial Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Mashable for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here loves what they do, and you can feel it. The young staff is very motivated to mentor interns, because they were in your shoes not too long ago. And the very fast-growing company frequently hires people after their internships. Very comfortable offices with a lounge-like area if you're more productive on the couch than in a cubicle. Friday afternoons=happy hour. Need I say more?

Cons

At least when I was there (not sure if it's changed since but I doubt it), interns needed to bring in their own computers to work on. Not a huge deal, just a logistical concern. Honestly, can't really think of any cons! Amazing place to intern.

Mashable2014-03-26