Mashantucket Pequot Reviews | Glassdoor

Mashantucket Pequot Reviews

Updated May 8, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott C. Butera

1. "Fun and educational."

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Cashier in Ledyard, CT
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Cashier in Ledyard, CT

I worked at Mashantucket Pequot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meet a lot of good people. It's a good place visually, you will learn a lot about the place just by working there.

Cons

It lacks on the communication. It is not a structured environment. The manager does not communicate at all. It needs management.

Advice to Management

Needs management.

2. "Foxwoods...the blunder of it all"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Consultant - Tribal Government Systems in Mashantucket, CT

Pros

Free meals, 30% discount on retail items

Cons

Unstable tribal government results in careless management style with gaming enterprises

Advice to Management

Resign immediately and bring in new blood

3. "Please drive by"

Former Employee - Casino Floorperson in Ledyard, CT
    Former Employee - Casino Floorperson in Ledyard, CT

Pros

If your a native american or know someone in that particular tribe, you've got it made. Otherwise, your just another badge number.

Cons

Standing on cement all the time is really brutal on your back, knees, feet..etc. While standing on cement you must deal with some of the dregs of society who complain endlessly and do not bathe or brush their teeth. One player never goes to the mens room, he just stands there and plays until his diaper stinks so bad you are forced to ask him to leave the area.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management is WAKE UP! Go down to the casino floor and see what we must put up with all day, every day and treat those employees better than you have been. Look around, those are the people that are bringing in the money that makes your payroll! I was a loyal employee for 14 years and was kicked to the curb in October. We were told you were going by seniority. Day one people were walked out while people that have less time in are still working there.

4. "World's largest casino - Table games dealer"

Pros

Applying for a job is easy, and not much previous experience required for my particular department. All training is provided and paid for by the company. Job fairs are constantly being held on location, so it's easy to interview and be hired on the spot as well.

Cons

There are long hours during busiest times of the year. New employees will have no choice as to which shift they work as well. It's the nature of the 24 hour, 365 day a year business though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. All the people skills I learned from the time I spent working there have proven invaluable in both my personal and business life now.

5. "Great Place to advance"

Current Employee - Valet Attendant - MGM
    Current Employee - Valet Attendant - MGM

Pros

Great benefits and a good place to advance

Cons

economy hit and tips got lower... also layoffs happened

Advice to Management

Great job, I think supervisors are a little incompetent tho