Maslow Media Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Microphone Runner in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Microphone Runner in Washington, DC

Pros

They are very organized and make job assignments clear. Payments are also made in a timely manner. Employers are friendly, and the pay is very fair.

Cons

Job assignments were not close to where I live, but they mostly do work in the city. More timely job assignment would also make the process easier.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to be recruited for more job assignments. Other than that I enjoyed my experience with this company.

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! Our focus for 2017 is to increase opportunities in our staffing division, whether it's short term assignments or full-time employment. We have experienced great success ... More

"Sr Payroll Director"

Current Employee - Director in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Maslow Media Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team.. DO not recommend working there.

Cons

Toxic Company selling..Smoke and mirrors

Advice to Management

RETIRE THE CEO..very outdated IT systems and software

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you had a less than desirable experience with Maslow. Our CEO and founder has achieved numerous accolades for her work and has had a huge ... More

"Thanks for the Opportunity"

Current Freelancer - Editor in Washington, DC
    Current Freelancer - Editor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Maslow Media Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a freelance editor, I have always been paid on time, and the job assignments are always interesting. The Production Managers are great to work with. A fun place to work. I have met Linda at events and she has always been very cordial.

Cons

None, I am happy with my experience at MMG

Advice to Management

Thanks for always paying me on time - most of your competitors can not say the same, since I have worked with them in the past.

5. "Excellent Company"

Former Intern - Production Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Production Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Maslow Media Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice area, and very friendly work environment

Cons

Very inconvenient location for parking

"Operations & Management of Headquarters"

Former Employee - Operations, Proposal Writing and Business Development in Washington, DC

I worked at Maslow Media Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers, professional and team oriented. Office layout, deign and decor maintain a quite environment to work efficiently.

Cons

The senior management teams (i.e. CEO/CFO) priorities, mission and short term goals are not inline with the companies mission statement or what the company has represented as to why they are even in business. The employees are mislead to believe the direction of the company includes them and it simply is just on the market. The president has a revolving door of assistants that depart shattered. She screams, throws items from her desk and has erratic behavior. Departments are pit against each other and the company is operating on outdated software systems that are poorly designed. There is always great anxiety as you wait to be called down to the principles office or visited by the owner to hear how you didn't do something that you actually did a week ago and she already reviewed and gave her stamp of approval. its a toxic and extremely unhealthy work environment.

Advice to Management

Let your employees do their jobs. Listen to the employees that are dedicated and understand the reality of business today and put your outdated business model behind you. Sadly, it is past time for the CEO to step down as it is clear there is memory impairment that is tremendously frustrating to her and the remaining employees. Good luck and hope you sell soon.

"Don't sign without showing contract to your lawyer!"

Current Contractor - Video Editor in Arlington, VA
    Current Contractor - Video Editor in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Maslow Media Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This company connects their clients with talent, and pays the talent directly, so it can make it practical for people to work without having to invoice clients. Also, if they like you, you can work steadily.

Cons

Have a lawyer go through the contract before you sign. I can't emphasize this enough, since this company's standard contract has workers indefinitely sign away rights to basic contacts you make via any networking for the duration of the contract, which means you mostly can't freelance anymore; you have to go through them.
    They also take a huge percentage as their fee (in my case, the client and I inadvertently realized, while putting together the following year's department budget, that they were paying this company 400% more than what I was actually being paid, which soured both the client and me).

Advice to Management

Taking advantage of people, not dealing fairly, bullying and generally being greedy doesn't make for repeat business. It's a small community and word gets around. Be nice.

"Working for Maslow Media was challenging."

Former Employee - Contracts and Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Contracts and Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Maslow Media Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice office and central location in the Washington DC area. Reasonable salary and benefits. Greate group of coworkers.

Cons

At times very stressful, due to pressures from the president. Limited administrative support.

Advice to Management

Try to understand staff limitations due to workloads.

9. "Change is here...and it's good!"

Pros

New Management is refreshing!
    Work environment is fast paced & co-workers are easy to work with.
    HQ is very diverse
    Updated technology and plans for more
    "Working smarter" is valued

Cons

It's not really a con, but we are moving towards a brighter future so there's a lot of work involved to get there, but very promising. I'm learning more than I ever would any place else.

Advice to Management

From reading the previous reviews, this is a different Maslow. Keep it up!

10. "Great company and great pay"

Pros

Love the places they find work for you.

Cons

None I can think of

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you! We pride ourselves in finding the right opportunities for our employees. The team at Maslow Media appreciates your love for us and our clients.

"Dysfunctional Work Environment"

I worked at Maslow Media Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Some staff members are friendly. Garage parking available.

Cons

The office culture is toxic and dysfunctional and it all stems from the erratic and emotionally disturbed CEO. Because of her this company lacks direction, clear vision, and management. The former employee who wrote "Smoke and Mirrors" review is spot on. The CEO is controlling and micro manages her staff which inhibits growth of the company. Her staff is strained, over worked, devalued and under appreciated. Trust me, if you're considering a position at headquarters, thats not in payroll, do yourself a favor and save yourself the stress DO NOT WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

RETIRE!