Maslow Media Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Maslow Media Group President Nick Tsahalis
Nick Tsahalis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "New Direction - New Leadership"

I have been working at Maslow Media Group full-time

Pros

The new leadership at Maslow Media Group asks and empowers its employees to be proactive and make suggestions that will better the company. The CEO is easily accessible and has an open door policy.

Cons

Wholesale changes to processes and technology can bring short term pain for staff. The long term gain and focus on training will be fruitful once we get to the other side of these improvements

2. "New management, New outlook"

I worked at Maslow Media Group full-time

Pros

Usually changes aren't good, but new management and leadership was a plus here.

Cons

Like most places in DMV - your drive may be an hour or longer. Keep that in mind, especially when the potential new office. They don't match 401K so if benefits matter - something to think about/.

Advice to Management

Be open to suggestions; Encourage seasonal employees to adapt to change for the better.

3. "Generally negative"

Pros

Appear to be your ally. Not the case...

Cons

No employee support. No interest in standing up for employees. Truly self interested. Never fought for employee raises of benefits.

Advice to Management

Work on behalf of employees. Afterall they are who pay your bills

4. "New Management"

Pros

Lots of changes in progress and more and more to come so looking positive for a fresh new world here. Team orientated now where opinions matter and ideas are engaged. Basically like working for an entirely different company. Nice people.

Cons

Location. Free park but tired block. This too may change.

"Change is here...and it's good!"

Pros

New Management is refreshing!
    Work environment is fast paced & co-workers are easy to work with.
    HQ is very diverse
    Updated technology and plans for more
    "Working smarter" is valued

Cons

It's not really a con, but we are moving towards a brighter future so there's a lot of work involved to get there, but very promising. I'm learning more than I ever would any place else.

Advice to Management

From reading the previous reviews, this is a different Maslow. Keep it up!

6. "Good employer"

Former Employee - Microphone Runner in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Microphone Runner in Washington, DC

Pros

They are very organized and make job assignments clear. Payments are also made in a timely manner. Employers are friendly, and the pay is very fair.

Cons

Job assignments were not close to where I live, but they mostly do work in the city. More timely job assignment would also make the process easier.

Advice to Management

I would have liked to be recruited for more job assignments. Other than that I enjoyed my experience with this company.

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! Our focus for 2017 is to increase opportunities in our staffing division, whether it's short term assignments or full-time employment. We have experienced great success... More

"Sr Payroll Director"

Current Employee - Director in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Maslow Media Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team.. DO not recommend working there.

Cons

Toxic Company selling..Smoke and mirrors

Advice to Management

RETIRE THE CEO..very outdated IT systems and software

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you had a less than desirable experience with Maslow. Our CEO and founder has achieved numerous accolades for her work and has had a huge... More

8. "Great company and great pay"

Pros

Love the places they find work for you.

Cons

None I can think of

Feb 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you! We pride ourselves in finding the right opportunities for our employees. The team at Maslow Media appreciates your love for us and our clients.

"Operations & Management of Headquarters"

Former Employee - Operations, Proposal Writing and Business Development in Washington, DC

I worked at Maslow Media Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional co-workers, professional and team oriented. Office layout, deign and decor maintain a quite environment to work efficiently.

Cons

The senior management teams (i.e. CEO/CFO) priorities, mission and short term goals are not inline with the companies mission statement or what the company has represented as to why they are even in business. The employees are mislead to believe the direction of the company includes them and it simply is just on the market. The president has a revolving door of assistants that depart shattered. She screams, throws items from her desk and has erratic behavior. Departments are pit against each other and the company is operating on outdated software systems that are poorly designed. There is always great anxiety as you wait to be called down to the principles office or visited by the owner to hear how you didn't do something that you actually did a week ago and she already reviewed and gave her stamp of approval. its a toxic and extremely unhealthy work environment.

Advice to Management

Let your employees do their jobs. Listen to the employees that are dedicated and understand the reality of business today and put your outdated business model behind you. Sadly, it is past time for the CEO to step down as it is clear there is memory impairment that is tremendously frustrating to her and the remaining employees. Good luck and hope you sell soon.

"Dysfunctional Work Environment"

I worked at Maslow Media Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Some staff members are friendly. Garage parking available.

Cons

The office culture is toxic and dysfunctional and it all stems from the erratic and emotionally disturbed CEO. Because of her this company lacks direction, clear vision, and management. The former employee who wrote "Smoke and Mirrors" review is spot on. The CEO is controlling and micro manages her staff which inhibits growth of the company. Her staff is strained, over worked, devalued and under appreciated. Trust me, if you're considering a position at headquarters, thats not in payroll, do yourself a favor and save yourself the stress DO NOT WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

RETIRE!