Masonite International Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager

Masonite International Manager Reviews

Updated 2 Oct 2019

3.2
Masonite International CEO Frederick J. Lynch  (no image)
Frederick J. Lynch
  1. "Good entry level job"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Masonite International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance Freedom from micromanagement Good boss

Cons

Lots of time in the car, but that comes with the Territory Management job

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. Over the last year there have been a lot of opportunities for growth, please keep this up.

Masonite International2017-01-05
  2. "Great benefits for all employees"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Masonite International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefit package is nice. Three weeks vacation to start and costs are low compared to other like companies.

Cons

Key employees are counted on to carry extra work load to keep overhead lower.

Masonite International2019-10-02

"Confusing Company At Times"

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Masonite International full-time

Pros

Big company, pay is decent.

Cons

Only speaking from my location (Tampa). In my 24 years in manufacturing, this is the most dysfunctional group of leaders I ever experienced. The plant manager got no respect from no one. I witnessed, the plant manager walked on the floor and one production worker asked him why is he out here, he only gonna mess things up more. I witnessed the value stream leaders (VSL) and plant manager yelling (literally) at... each other about distribution of manpower to satisfy production. I can give more examples but I will stop here. Complete out of control atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Do a better job screening your leaders. I know no company is perfect but when your peers shows no respect to each other or their boss changes need to be made.

Masonite International2019-07-05

"Area Sales Manager"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Masonite International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to grow your territory as your business. Very little micromanagement. Very nice and helpful people. Some cool travel opportunities.

Cons

Customer complaints can be draining at times. Can also feel like you're on an island when you don't see another coworker for months.

Advice to Management

Upper management wants this role to be a hunter role. Make the role more of a commission based role and you'll see the results you're looking for. Also, reward ASMs that meet/exceed quota instead of everyone getting their bonus.

Masonite International2018-01-24

"Area Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Masonite International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Create your own schedule ( when possible) , flexible and free to visit accounts

Cons

Pay to stress ratio, lack of leadership and motivation, products that don't pass Quality control, issues..issues and more issues.. Too much micro managment and "projects" to handle

Advice to Management

Fix the issues at the plants, more experienced Management.

Masonite International2017-12-20
  6. "Area Sales Manager"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time

Pros

Not micro-managed and managers are excellent. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Corporate company, so sometimes there is a disconnect between upper management.

Advice to Management

Mentor the employees who wish to stay in the company.

Masonite International2017-11-21

"High Turnover - AVOID -"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Masonite International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The blueprint with values and focus is a good vision of focus for business units to align with. The Masonite Innovation Center in Chicago is a great place to work. You can come and go as you please (hardly anyone works 40 hours). Goals are only set and reviewed once a year and everything changes so you don't have to worry about accountability.

Cons

The executive, senior, and middle leadership is great at throwing people under the bus. Goals and focus are constantly changing due to weak leadership. Over 70% turnover (3 yr timeframe) in upper and middle leadership in Tampa and Chicago. Look at LinkedIn time in positions for Masonite leadership and it will be clear. Business units do not get along or work together. Company resources are functional and... each function has separate goals from each of the Business units. Conflicting goals and priorities are everywhere witch leads to low engagement, delays, and poor results.

Advice to Management

1. Business units should have goals / incentives to work together. 2. Functions should only have goals derived from collective business unit needs. Business units should be stakeholders with input on the functional goals. 3. Improve hiring and increase bench leadership bench strength. 4. Listen "again" to the employee focus group with suggestions to leadership. 5. Hold MIC leadership accountable.

Masonite International2017-11-18

"Good old boys still running things"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Masonite International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation package was generous, most people are genuine. Tampa office is well equipped and parking is paid for. Decent health and 401k bennies

Cons

Good old boys club runs the show. If you run afoul of them prepare to be forced out!! The inner circle is impossible to enter. They are not interested in improvement plans for performance, love to "press the fire button"

Advice to Management

Get real and stop wasting people's time!

Masonite International2017-08-13
  9. "Very strong growth"

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Masonite International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growth benefits pay locations people

Cons

Hours, takes to long to get people added

Advice to Management

They're to quick to hire outside vs looking at the folks they have. Applying confidentially internal is not possible.

Masonite International2017-03-12

"Financial Analyst/Controller"

Finance Manager/Controller in Denmark, SC

I worked at Masonite International for more than a year

Pros

Excellent company, people, benefits, salary, growth opportunities, ability to implement new ideas. Best support and team work within organization. Management cares about the people. Work life balance. Family orriented

Cons

Restructure relocated my position. Hated to leave this organization

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Some of the greatest people I've ever worked with.

Masonite International2016-06-18