KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Masonite International President and CEO Howard Heckes
Howard Heckes

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Masonite International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Accommodating and welcoming especially during a global pandemic

Apr 7, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family feel environment where everyone is willing to help. Employees aren't singled out they are made to feel part of the local team as well as the global team. Everyone is encouraged to learn and develop with clear signs of career progression.

Cons

There have been no negatives during my time working at Masonite.

Masonite International Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave such great compliments! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience working at Masonite because we genuinely value our team members who work hard every day to make Doors That Do More. Using our Framework and Cultural Pillars as guides, we strive to create opportunities for all our team members to realize their full potential in a safe, rewarding environment. Keep up the good work!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

ASM

Aug 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management Great people Growth

Cons

Nothing bad about this company

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Sep 6, 2022 - CAD Designer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment with great benefits

Cons

Slow moving up the ladder

4. 4.0

Purchasing Clerk

Sep 4, 2022 - Data Entry Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Masonite treated you like you were family. I worked with wonderful, hard working people, dedicated to the job.

Cons

The hours eventually went to extremes. We worked 6 days a week for months. The hours were mandatory and made taking days off difficult.

Continue reading
  5. 3.0

Natl ACCT Manager

Sep 13, 2022 - Named Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and time off

Cons

pay needs to be improved

Continue reading
  6. 3.0

Poor Management

Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefit and life balance flexibility

Cons

Poor management, lack of engagement and politics

7. 1.0

Trimsaw Operator

Sep 18, 2022 - Trimmer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is great. Benefits are pretty decent as well.

Cons

Training is a joke. The retention is so bad that they don't even bother with properly training new hires.

8. 4.0

Good company

Aug 2, 2022 - Territory Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance is there

Cons

Culture is sometimes not very well executed

9. 5.0

Great Early Career Opportunities

Aug 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Masonite has been a tremendous help in kick-starting my career. Couldn't have asked for a better company to start my working life with

Cons

Growing company and going through some growing pains because of it

10. 5.0

Jul 20, 2022 - Shipping and Receiving
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team work, decent pay, and supportive management.

Cons

Not a good enough work life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 380 Reviews

Masonite International Reviews FAQs

Masonite International has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 412 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Masonite International to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Masonite International employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Masonite International. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

70% of Masonite International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Masonite International 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Masonite International to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Masonite International Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Masonite International? Share Your Experiences

Masonite International Careers

Cover image for Masonite International

For the last 5,000 years, doors have pretty much done one thing. At Masonite, we believe that they can do more. That’s why we make doors...More

• Life at Masonite
  • Innovation
  • Career Development
  • History

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

73 days ago

Company News
Masonite Opens New Exterior Door Manufacturing Facility in United Kingdom "The opening of this purpose-built facility reinforces Solidor’s position as a leader in the U.K.’s exterior door manufacturing industry and reaffirms our commitment to the Stoke area as we continue to bring employment and career development opportunities to the local community," said Vicky Philemon, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Masonite Europe. "We are excited about the enhancements the new site will bring for our employees, communities, partners and customers in addition to supporting our future growth plans.”
Shared image - Masonite Opens New Exterior Door Manufacturing Facility in United Kingdom
Masonite Opens New Exterior Door Manufacturing Facility in United Kingdom
investor.masonite.com

106 days ago

Product News
New Masonite Performance Door System Delivers Unmatched Protection Against Air and Water Penetration "The new Masonite Performance Door System is proven to withstand the elements and is backed by a 10-year limited full-replacement warranty,” said Chris Ball, President, Global Residential. “This means builders and homeowners can be confident that their Masonite door will keep air and water out, while adding value and beauty to the home. It is one of the many ways that we are delivering on our promise of Doors That Do More™.”
Shared image - New Masonite Performance Door System Delivers Unmatched Protection Against Air and Water Penetration
investor.masonite.com

Masonite International Photos

+ Add Photo
Masonite International photo of: Ybor City's Wild Chickens on the Masonite HQ Campus
Masonite International photo of: Welcome to Masonite's Ybor Campus - Tampa HQ
Masonite International photo of: KBIS 2022 session on “The State of the Smart Home” with Masonite CIO, Cory Sorice
Masonite International photo of: 2021 Ribbon-Cutting on the Ybor Campus with Tampa Mayor Jane Castor
Masonite International photo of: Team members gather in the Mason building to celebrate the ribbon-cutting debut of our Ybor Campus headquarters.
Masonite International photo of: The Mason buliding's custom, 12-foot high statement door weights 525 pounds and was made in our London, Ontario plant of 16 different wood species.
Masonite International photo of: Creative work in the Larmon building on Masonite's Ybor Campus in Tampa, FL

Expert Career Advice