KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MassPay Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

Found 34 of over 34 reviews

4.4
MassPay Founder and CEO Jason Maxwell (no image)
Jason Maxwell

The latest conversations about Consulting

Join the conversation on

Consulting

3y

works at

Deloitte

Harshest feedback you’ve ever received?

6,873

601 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Place to Work!!!

Feb 3, 2021 - Training & Development Specialist in Beverly, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for MP for 5 years now. I absolutely love the company culture. They genuinely care about their people and are always looking to promote within. I have personally been promoted 3 times since starting here. MP values feedback from their employees and is always looking to grow and improve. There has been some turnover in senior leadership but now we have amazing managers who support and really listen to their people. I honestly cannot say enough good things about working here.

Cons

Because this company is payroll and HR, December and January can be busy and stressful. Management does an excellent job supporting the team during this time though.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your review. Creating a culture that is focused on our team members and our clients is very important to us. We are happy and fortunate to have you as part of our team.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company I've every worked for!

Jul 2, 2020 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

MP Leaders and Teammates walk the walk! MP employs people who truly internalize the core values of MP. Teammates go above and beyond for our clients and for each other. MP is the most caring environment I've every worked in. We work hard to service our clients, and do so because we truly care about others. In turn, we are incredible supportive to our teammates. If a coworker or a Team/Department needs assistance, we jump in an help. The Leaders at MP make the difference. They are leading by example, and truly caring for employees and the clients. MP's motto - 'We Believe People Make the Difference' is soooo true. I've been working at MP for 3+ years, and continue to be so proud to be a part of this organization. From the day I started at MP, I knew it was different than places I'd worked before. The manner in which the Leadership Team conducts themselves and treats employees, is the way I've always felt an organization should conduct themselves from an HR prospective.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any cons. MP is a growing organization, and there are always new things to learn - which I love. MP is always looking for ways to improve processes. With improvement, comes change - nothing can grow without change.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Overall a Good place to work

May 3, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was nice to work at a small company where it is possible to reach out to people across multiple departments.

Cons

They were going through some growing pains that happens with any company.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Team!!!

Dec 1, 2020 - Senior Human Resources Advisor in Beverly, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of MP's core values is providing WOW service and we have a group of talented teammates who do just that. Especially during these very difficult times in our country and economy, this team steps up to give clients our very best. It's in our DNA, fostered by our founder Jason Maxwell and a very supportive leadership team. MP mirrors my own values and gives me the opportunity to grow and give back, which makes it the best place to work. I love the collaborative environment and most importantly the chance to make a difference. MP cares about its employees, both personally and professionally.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any "cons" to working at MP.

HR Manager

We can only provide WOW service by having responsible and dedicated team members. Thank you for your commitment to our clients!

5. 5.0

Collaboration, Culture, Continual Growth & Core Values

Apr 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for MassPay for a little over a year and I am continually impressed and grateful to be a member of this team. The work is fulfilling, challenging and meaningful. I have been able to learn more in my year at MassPay than I have in the past 5 years of my career, and continue to grow every day. The company's Core Values are palpable and inspire employees to give back to their clients and communities with purpose. While client's and community are a focus, MP's employees are of equal focus. I have never worked with a group of people so positive, thoughtful and with such strong character, which makes it easy and exciting to get up and go to work every day. The leadership team shows dedication to supporting employees personally and professionally, as well as makes a point to seek out, listen and consider employee input. The entire MP team works very collaboratively, which creates a tight-knit and well-rounded group. We work alongside some highly talented people who put innovation and thought-leadership at the forefront, which has pushed me out of my comfort zone and made be better both personally and professionally. I cannot sing MP's praises loud enough!

Cons

Depending on the department, there is not always a lot of room for vertical growth. That being said, there has been recent implementation of management roles in specific departments and I anticipate this will continue to change as the company continues to mature and grow.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Joining MassPay has been the best decision I’ve made in my sales career.

Dec 19, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upward mobility, product, and service are all great.

Cons

There really aren’t any cons.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for the nice review. We are glad you are happy being at MP.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

All of these reviews are fake

Nov 19, 2020 - Sales in Beverly, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Coworkers when they lasted

Cons

First off all of the recent reviews were done because management put employees up to them to counter the very truthful constructive reviews that were done by other former employees. Horrible pay and unrealistic workloads are counter acted by free lunch and an almost cult like environment, where anyone who doesn't assimilate will be ostracized. Sales reps are sold a bill of goods that doesn't add up. One only has to look at the plethora of reps who have left at or under a year to realize that the system does not work. Stop acting like massive turnover here doesn't exist.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

We are very disappointed that a former team member would post such a negative review. We understand that sometimes people and the companies they work for simply is just not a good match. Our marketing team does a tremendous job with lead generation. We do expect our sales team to work hard and produce results. Please feel free to assess our webinars and LinkedIn content to make a determination on the quality of our marketing team. We are proud of their work. The accusation of our CEO, which is categorically false, is unacceptable and is not aligned with our company values. We take our culture seriously.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Successful Payroll/HCM company. Fantastic leadership and wonderful culture!

Aug 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work for MP are nice, hard-working individuals. The CEO and leadership team are approachable and care about the employees. MP is consistently recognizing employees. The CEO took the entire company (plus guests) to Stowe, VT in January for a weekend getaway. It is easy to feel appreciated at MP! The growth is strategic and well thought out. I feel very lucky to be here at MP!

Cons

I do not have any cons to share. It has truly been a wonderful experience.

HR Manager

We are glad you feel appreciated. We appreciate how dedicated our team is in servicing our clients, each other, and our company.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

good

Jan 13, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

it was a good environment

Cons

not what i wanted to do my whole life

HR Manager

We are glad that you enjoyed the environment at MP and are hopeful that you have found a career that you are passionate about.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best cultures to work in!

Jun 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely positive work environment. Hard work is rewarded and upper management is very supportive of initiatives. The culture is highly collaborative and engaging. You will work with teammates that will are sharp and astute, as well as relaxed and know how to crack a joke.

Cons

Cant say any. Love my job!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews