Massage Envy Reviews | Glassdoor

Joe Magnacca

2,495 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No benefits wish I had more vacation (in 106 reviews)

• Back-to-back appointments with only 5 minutes in-between clients (in 41 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My years at Envy"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Massage Envy has been my second family going on seven years. Envy has provided me with countless amounts of booked hours in working as a LMT. Through Massage Envy I started out my career and have gained confidence throughout the years providing modalitys that I love and whats beneficial for my newest clients to my oldest clients who request me on a weekly basis. The company provides everything you need to be a professional successful Therapist with hands on training and motivation. My Staff works hard to keep all of us booked with Envy Members and New Guests. I and all of my teammates are constantly busy. This company is so good to the staff as I mentioned before they are like family, There is no competition everyone is equal and doing what we love providing excellent service to our members and community around us and making our daily routines easy to enjoy our work environment. I love my Massage Envy.

Cons

The only Con I can think of is you have to be ready to be busy and fast pace between clients. As a therapist you have five minutes between guests which can make it difficult at times if the guest takes longer to exit the room and you can get behind, moving on to your next client.

Advice to Management

Management, you are wonderful people keep doing what your doing. Our staff is great because of you.

2. "Fantastic job"

Current Employee - LMT in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - LMT in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom with scheduling, flexible with time off, great raises, additional $10 - $25 an hour in tips, fantastic management, minimal side-work. The way you get your top tier raise is to meet all your goals and I’ve accomplished that every single time in 4 years with the exception of once. How successful you are in this location is based solely upon how good of a worker you are.

Cons

Just any con associated with massage therapy. Nothing specific to Massage Envy Rio Rancho. Obviously I would love to get paid more but wouldn’t everyone?

Advice to Management

We are fortunate our management are LMTs but it’s always important to get an LMT’s advice when implementing any new rules as a non LMT will not understand how they will affect LMTs. Always value the feedback from people in a different position than you, which we are fortunate enough to have at ME RR.

3. "FDA"

Current Employee - Fda in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Fda in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that I am the "face of massage envy'. I get to help them before and after their massage/facial and make sure they have a positive experience. Seeing clients improve from week to week really does show how massages/facials help heal the body and soul. I truly love my job. The therapist are wonderful to work with and, I enjoy being part of their support system.

Cons

The only "bad" thing I can think of is when a client needs to cancel their agreement with us. Its always hard seeing someone leave.

Advice to Management

I am honored that my management team has an open door policy. No matter what the situation is they always have my back. Together we make sure each client has a wonderful experience and leave with a smile.

"Good just stop the drama"

Pros

Was a great place to work

Cons

There was drama between employees

5. "Massage Envy - the place for every body."

Current Employee - Clinical Director in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Director in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company offers a wide range of opportunities from front desk to service providers to management and even regional and corporate levels. Massage Envy was one of the first spa chains that is globally known, making it one of the cornerstone companies of the business. The corporation, in its entirety, is revamping, not just keep up with the spa world, but to set the tone for the industry by constantly introducing new services for the convenience of our members and guests. Our service providers find this to be the best feature of the position because it allows them to use more of their skills and knowledge on a regular basis which keeps them engaged and interested every day. Another great aspect of the job is that because we are a nation wide brand all of our trainings, regulations, and practices are completely consistent across the board. Whichever location someone happens to come into they will know the expectation of his/her experience even before he/she walks through the door. Big things are coming our way for the Massage Envy brand.

Cons

The only con that I would say would be not having enough people being on board. Our brand is steadily growing and we need more people available to accommodate our clientele.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to get a set routine of daily, weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly duties. The key to proper management is a well thought out schedule. Another major aspect to remember is that you need to be available and honest with your employees. It comes down to scheduling, once again. Always set time aside to check in with everyone. Have open communication so that you can see what your strengths and weakness are and, of course, let them know too.

6. "Front Desk Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The owners really value us. Many tenured employees. Large client base. Good bonuses and pay compared to other nearby locations.

Cons

Occasional drama, some rude customers

Advice to Management

Set expectations. Opportunities for advancement for more tenured employees. Maybe more fun extracurricular type events.

7. "Assistant Clinic Director"

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time

Pros

flexible, paid training, commission, great people

Cons

no overtime, franchised, non-compete, strict

8. "A very good company to work for."

Current Employee - Stretch Therapist in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Stretch Therapist in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is amazing. The spa atmosphere is very peaceful. Cleanliness is superb. It is decorated beautifully. Very professional. Convenient employee parking.

Cons

Not regular hours. I don't have any more cons. I really enjoy working here. Great tranquil atmosphere. The managers are very approachable.

Advice to Management

Guarantee hours instead of optioning start/finish time.

9. "Business Manager Position"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Hunters Creek, FL
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Hunters Creek, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It’s refreshing to work for owners who care and show appreciation

Cons

I do not currently have any cons to share

10. "Loved it !"

I worked at Massage Envy full-time

Pros

Loved working for them !

Cons

There were none really !

Showing 2,495 of 2,506 reviews