Massage Envy Reviews | Glassdoor

Joe Magnacca

2,977 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Takes getting used to (back to back clients)" (in 46 reviews)

• "No benefits wish I had more vacation" (in 118 reviews)

1. "Get to know your local frachise owner"

Current Employee - Management in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Management in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exceptional customer service, great culture, positive working environment

Cons

misunderstanding of customers who don't understand each franchise may run differently based on owners

Jun 11, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

2. "Sales Associate"

I worked at Massage Envy full-time

Pros

there was opportunity for growth in my position and being able to get bonuses for sales was great

Cons

It can be consuming at times. They are open 7 days a week for long hours and the demand of that can become taxing.

Aug 14, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

3. "Sales Manager"

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Products and Services offered at affordable prices.

Cons

Salary and benefits offered not competitive.

Aug 14, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback.

4. "LMT with Flexible, Consistent Schedule, and Involved Owners"

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Massage Envy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistent and reliable schedule with large opportunity to build up repeat clientele and be rewarded for it, predictable pay increases, schedule flexibility, Disability Insurance along with health insurance that is offered, Owners listened and implemented ideas from meetings as well as very proactive in the clinics, upper-management that cares about not only the clients but employees too, great quality of the building (from the break room to the tranquility room), smaller sized location so more cozy and welcoming

Cons

The only constructive thing I could say is that it could use a couples room (but I’m not a huge fan of giving couples massages so I guess that depends on your preference)

Aug 7, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for your area. Thanks again!

5. "Licensed massage therapist"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, great clientele , great management now..

Cons

Communication with front desk can be misguided. It works itself out though

Aug 7, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that your experience as an employee in a Massage Envy franchised location is a positive one... More

6. "Fun Job, Excellent Launching Point"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Hours are flexible
    -you are always busy during the day, but never stressed out
    -fun and comfortable work environment
    -lots of opportunity to get to know the staff you work with
    -build relationships with regular customers
    -lots of opportunity for commission and bonuses

Cons

-LOW hourly rate
    -commission from selling memberships is really where you make $$$ -- but it's very hard to get people to sign up for them
    -rude customers or impatient people who complain that there isn't space for them on that day's schedule
    -ME is franchise run, so the difference between how certain locations handle the same situations can lead to having to deal with frustrated and sometimes incredibly rude customers
    -ME locations can sometimes care more about making money than actually helping customers when they have complaints

Advice to Management

make sure you don't complain when people have complaints about your location. Seek to accommodate them instead of trying to assert your power over them.

Don't focus on simply getting $$ out of people. Care for them...truly

Aug 6, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. Locations are independently owned and operated, so the employment experience that each provides is unique. As a whole, we... More

7. "Stretch therapist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing manager and work environment! Friendly staff, very clean.

Cons

There is no down time pay

Jul 31, 2018

Massage Envy Franchising thanks you for your positive review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for the Commack area. Thanks again!

8. "stretch service provider"

Current Employee - Stretch Service Provider
    Current Employee - Stretch Service Provider

I have been working at Massage Envy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work around your schedule, if the front desk staff likes you you can have a relatively booked schedule. free massage and facial for signing on with company.

Cons

can only change your availability every 6 months, training to be a stretch service provider was not very helpful and If i didn't have a background in the health/science field I would not have felt ready to do what they expected me to do.

Aug 14, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'd be happy to pass your review along to the regional leadership in your area. If you'd like to provide some additional... More

"I <3 my job!"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Bel Air, MD
    Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at Massage Envy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I began my journey as a massage therapist right out of massage school in 2010. ME is a fantastic place to start right out of school; you definitely see a wide range of problems clients have and you build your techniques skills very quickly. ME is so much more than this. ME is a place where you can build your relationships with your clients and your clientele base; I have clients I have been working with for 7+ years. We have so many talented MTs at this location and there is always something that an MT can learn from another. We have a wonderful management team in place. They truly want everyone to succeed and will help you in any way that they can. ME also invests in their MTs by offering free CEUs, and our franchise owners usually offers a free CEU course during the year as well. There are even opportunities for CEU reimbursement. Full and Part time MTs can earn a reimbursement for their MD license renewal and ABMP insurance. Benefits are offered and we can earn paid time off. Our franchise owner also allows all team members to receive a free 1 hour service (massage/facial/stretch) per month, anything over the 1 hour is at a discounted rate. Not all franchisees offer this job perk! My background going into massage therapy was in the restaurant industry. Being a MT is completely different. I love that I only have to focus on 1 person during their session, and I am able to give my clients my full attention during their session. I have to come in , set my room up, take care of my clients, complete my notes and clean up at the end of my shift. ME takes care of everything else-marketing, scheduling, building maintenance and we use a linen service.

Cons

I really love my job and everything that I do at ME! I really don't like not being fully booked, but it is really rare that I come to work and have an opening. In general, my schedule is fully booked at least 2 weeks out, so if there is an opening its because a client had to cancel or reschedule their appt. Life happens and sometimes appts have to be moved.

Advice to Management

I believe that we currently have the best management team at our location that we have ever had! Our clinic runs so smoothly because of the leadership we have from our general manager. spa director and the rest of our management team. Keep up the great work ladies!

Jul 26, 2018

On behalf of Massage Envy Franchising, thank you for sharing your positive review! As a whole, franchisees aim to deliver on the Massage Envy brand promise--we help you take care of you--to their... More

10. "Good Place to Start"

Former Employee - Front Desk in Coral Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Massage Envy (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Team
    Friendly Manager
    Easy to request time off

Cons

Low hourly Rate
    Really strict on membership sales

Jul 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. We'll pass it along to the regional leadership for the Coral Springs area. Thanks again!

Showing 2,977 of 2,990 reviews