Massage Heights Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Glenn M. Franson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I understand that this is not a place for everyone, but if you work hard and want to move up in a company this is a great place (in 13 reviews)

• If you're new out of school, it's a great place to start (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Had issues with the front desk playing favoritism (in 15 reviews)

• Low pay, also has a high turnover (in 14 reviews)

1. "Lead Lifestyle Consultant"

Current Employee - Lead Lifestyle Consultant in Cornelius, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Lifestyle Consultant in Cornelius, NC

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love Massage Heights! Why?

The owners are incredible. They truly treat you like family and want the best for all of their employees! There are lots of incentives to make more money and to move up in the company. I was promoted only after 5 months of working here which felt amazing and let me know that management truly wants you to succeed! The team is amazing and we all work hard to make Massage Heights @ Jetton Village the best in the country.

Cons

The only con I would say is that they are open every Sunday.

2. "Assistant Retreat Director to Retreat Director"

Current Employee - Retreat Director in Cornelius, NC
    Current Employee - Retreat Director in Cornelius, NC

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love everything about this place..
    The owners are husband and wife and they are ABSOLUTELY amazing people.
    They have gone above and beyond for the LC's and MT/STs. They truly care for their staff and do as much as they can for us all. Full time LCs and MT/STs have benefits. Pay is honestly not bad. Our location is the best location out of all Massage Heights. All of our staff gets along pretty well for it being mostly females! I enjoy coming to work everyday and getting to experience such an awesome work environment with wonderful people.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is I wish we had more Massage Therapist! And that's not even a con. We just need more because we are getting so busy! Love It :)

Advice to Management

Keep Up The Great Environment We Have At Jetton Village! Maybe One Day We Will Change The World To A Better Place.

3. "Good for starting out"

I worked at Massage Heights full-time

Pros

- they create all the business for you
    - they supply all lotions etc
    - a wide range of clientele
    - decent pay depending on owner

Cons

- business can be either jam packed or super slow
    - you must sell products and memberships
    - little range in customization under limits

4. "Good money"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

I worked at Massage Heights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is good tips were good. You feel like your own boss.

Cons

Other employees like to start drama in a relaxed environment.

Advice to Management

Hire more friendly people

5. "Massage Heights LC"

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time

Pros

very relaxed places to work. Great benefits with discounted massages and facials.

Cons

hours are depended by how much you sell.

6. "PLEASE DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Massage Heights full-time

Pros

Not. One. Thing. I want to say that this job was a total waste of time, but I am actually glad I experienced it. I was lucky and always worked for companies that respected and cared for their employees. I was always naive regarding companies that treat their staff like absolute garbage. Not anymore. This place really opened my eyes to the realization of horrible companies out there and I now know what to look for.

Cons

Where do I start? The salary listed on the job ad is not what is offered upon hire. It is stated that the location is very successful and you will receive the salary desired once you hit a certain goal which is so easy to do because the location is doing great. NOPE! You then find out that the location has been declining for years and that you will never make your goal because the place has been a revolving door for years with the worst reputation I have ever seen in a customer service industry. You desperately need a massage due to all of the stress but there is nothing you would rather do than to step foot in that place when you do not absolutely have to so you cannot even get that done for yourself. You are expected to then answer calls and respond to guest complaint emails immediately even when you are home or off. And trust me! The guest complaints flood in daily.

Advice to Management

None..... The reason being is that upper management knows exactly what is going on and contributes to it daily. THEY DO NOT CARE! I am giving the following ratings 1 star just so it will show up on the review, but trust me, if I could give negative stars I would. Please do not waste your time with this place, it will only age you by like 10 years!

7. "Part time Lifestyle Consultant"

Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant
    Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant

I worked at Massage Heights part-time

Pros

Typically low-stress front desk job. Free massage or facial monthly.

Cons

Immature management. Drama between massage therapists.

8. "Massage therapist"

Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist in Austin, TX

I worked at Massage Heights part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Massage Heights provides your space, sheets, and lotion. They also take care of scheduling for you. If you are a quality therapist, you can build up regular clients and make good tips. You can go home with cash in your pocket but also receive monthly paychecks. You can meet other therapists and trade with them as well if there is down time.

Cons

When I worked here, therapists earned $15 base per massage. Mostly tips were between $10-20, so your only taking away $25-30 per massage. However your space and supplies are provided for but many therapists will charge $60-$100 per hour so you can see the difference there. You will be required to work on weekends, but if you befriend other therapists you can switch that around sometimes. When I worked there, they did not offer extensive insurance benefits but perhaps that has changed.

Advice to Management

Be kind to your staff, I did see one lead therapist be very harsh in her manner and languaging during a meeting and two therapists did not come back after that. Many people who work in the healing arts are sensitive.

9. "Do your own research"

Current Employee - Assistant Retreat Director in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Retreat Director in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Massage Heights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I actually have enjoyed my entire time working here, for the most part. The location I started at was completely brand new, and we were surrounded by other franchises as well as sister locations. So everything we got, as far as members and prospects, we had to fight for. The owner of the business is personally one the best bosses I’ve ever had. She expects slot out of us as employees, which I find is actually normal for any job. But in return, she has made herself extremely accessible to us, willing to step in and work the floor when team members are out sick, and actually listen to the input of staff on matters important to the store. The management team understands when life happens and you just can’t get to work due unforeseen circumstances. The environment and culture that they’ve cultivated is very close knit and family oriented. Not one person matters more than the next.

Cons

As said above, our location is surrounded by other franchises, mom and pop shops, a massage school, and our sister locations. It’s hard to compete with more established places for business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing.

"It was ok."

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Lakeway, TX
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Lakeway, TX

I worked at Massage Heights (Less than a year)

Pros

Good tips , due to location.

Cons

There was definetly some drama. I also didnt like all the fast flipping of clients. I had no time to BREATHE or use the bathroom before i had to get my next client.