Cover image for Massage Heights

3.3
Massage Heights President Shane Evans
Shane Evans

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "workers were amazing people to work with and that the flexibility was very important.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and no micromanaging(in 22 reviews)
  • "My coworkers were great and I made some lifelong friends.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedules options(in 17 reviews)
  • "Free training available to learn hot stones and other specialized work(in 14 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay.had to do laundry and wash stones during breaks.(in 64 reviews)
  • "You do the same routine phone calls everyday and also there is poor management.(in 47 reviews)
  • "No benefits for lifestyle conultants(in 23 reviews)
  • "If you love being constantly badgered by Managers, Co(in 11 reviews)
  • "The company is more about making money then caring about the people(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Massage Heights and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Absolutely Loved This Job!

Nov 15, 2022 - Lifestyle Consultant in Allen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Manager is the owner and he is a fantastic man. Very kind and considerate. Actual job responsibilities are realistic and not stressful

Cons

No paid vacation, but you can go on vacation as much as you like Relatively low paid, but again the work is easy

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

4S Ranch Location is the Best!!!!

Nov 21, 2022 - Lifestyle Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, Training, Flexible, Helpful, commission

Cons

Angry members, pay, hidden location, too many spiders

3. Join the Massage Heights team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Nov 14, 2022 - Lifestyle Consultant in Rochester Hills, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, understanding managers, and a friendly enviornment.

Cons

Hours can be short and not very long.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Really like the leadership here!

Oct 27, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Management is really understanding -Get sick pay -can take time off as I need with some notice -Pay is good for what I'm doing -have been able to set my schedule mostly

Cons

-no full coverage health ins -sometimes clients move appointments more than I like but not the stores fault -would like a make up day when I called out once

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work at my location

Sep 14, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

The owner of our franchise treats us like humans who she respects and cares about. She is kind, caring, compassionate and the kind of boss you want. The Manager is new but seems to be willing to work with us and create a good environment. Front Desk people are good to work with.

Cons

It is a franchise business. So while the owner and manager at my retreat may be amazing, you can't count on it being that way at another retreat. No health insurance

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dual therapist

Oct 27, 2022 - Dual License Massage Therapist in Boerne, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, flexibility, free and discounted services, management, good team

Cons

Add on requirement for performance, health insurance

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

I will never regret leaving this place.

Oct 28, 2022 - Retreat Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I helped build an amazing team. My employees made coming to work every day worth it.

Cons

If you are looking for a management position, do not look here. At least not with this location. (I can’t speak for other franchisees.) To start, they will work you to the bone, constantly adding tasks to your already busy day, at the last minute, because the regional director forgot it needed to be done, and her job will be on the line if you don’t do it for her. Secondly, if you think you’ll be paid a fair and living wage, think again!! They’ll make it seem like you’ll receive great bonuses, but the incentives are nearly impossible to reach every month. Your base salary is next to nothing. Your employees WILL make more money than you. They say, “we love our employees!! We appreciate them so much!” And then throw a pizza party and pay for a team outing once every 6 months (with almost no budget to plan anything.) I had a broken dryer for nearly SIX MONTHS. It made it impossible to keep up with laundry, and they refused to invest in their business and employees to make the day to day operations easier. They demand loyalty, but won’t give it in return. From personal experience, I had a family member pass during my employment. They didn’t want me to take off work except for the day of the funeral. It was in another state. Make that one make sense. And don’t think you’ll have a say in anything. If the regional director doesn’t like how you’re running the place, even if it’s still successfully, she’ll let you know and make changes that fit her management style instead. The owner himself has basically stepped away from the business completely. If you try to reach out to him about anything, you’ll immediately get yelled at by the regional director for bothering him. Why own a business if you don’t care about the health of the business? I gave them nothing but loyalty and dedication for nearly 2 years, but the second I decided to advance my career and take another opportunity, I received nothing but petty and rude remarks. The disrespect and level of unprofessionalism is unreal. They treat you like their little puppets. I tried my hardest to leave on good terms. They chose to make me leave on bad terms with them. I will NEVER recommend anyone to work here.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 17, 2022 - Lifestyle Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive pay, managers and higher ups are awesome.

Cons

Some cleaning involved, mad customers can be a little hard to deal with.

10. 4.0

Great place to work!

Oct 12, 2022 - Licensed Massage Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere and teamwork oriented.

Cons

In one point you can not grow more as a professional. You are stuck doing the same and earning the same.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work at

Sep 27, 2022 - LMT/Esthetician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management Understanding management Flexible hours Caring employees

Cons

Pay could be better for part time employees The only way to move up is to have people request you over and over and the customers can be picky and bounce around a lot

Viewing 1 - 10 of 606 Reviews
</>Embed

Massage Heights Reviews FAQs

Massage Heights has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 616 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Massage Heights to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Massage Heights employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Massage Heights. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

50% of Massage Heights employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Massage Heights 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Massage Heights to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Massage Heights Job Seekers