MassageLuXe Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2020

2.8
MassageLuXe CEO Mark Otter
Mark Otter
Pros
  • "Great benefits, friendly, positive work environment(in 7 reviews)

• "The spa is a very busy never have to worry about not having clients a lot of walk in clients(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "They seem to only care about their own salary - not those of the front desk, estheticians or massage therapists(in 9 reviews)

• "there are no incentive or motivation to keep therapist interested(in 7 reviews)

1. "Rewarding job with low pressure."

Current Employee - Lead Massage Therapist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at MassageLuXe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Massaging clients with no drama, no sales pressure, support on keeping healthy with a sustainable schedule, and plenty of opportunities to learn from amazing CMT's.

Cons

It's easy to build a full book but takes a full book to afford raising a family.

2. "Good for starting out"

Former Employee - Massage Therapist

I worked at MassageLuXe part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible hours, steady stream of clients

Cons

low pay, not much room to grow once your fully booked

3. "Good place to work not much growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Cottleville, MO

I worked at MassageLuXe part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers and often times was a very layed back environment

Cons

Management at the time would expect you to hound someone to get a Membership which came off desperate to customers and often times customers would come in to complain because they felt they were getting ripped off

Continue reading
  4. "Promises luxury, delivers inferiority"

1.0
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Receptionist in Naples, FL

I have been working at MassageLuXe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount on services (not a great discount) You may like your coworkers

Cons

All elements of the "spa" are dirt cheap or a step above Majority of money the company makes is from manipulating people into buying memberships on a "no contract, no enrollment, month-to-month" basis. The reality is that once you've signed the billing agreement they have your CC information and they will keep withdrawing money on a monthly basis. Countless people have threatened to sue ML for these practices. Products that ML are at an extremely high price point for the extremely low quality results that they have. During COVID, my location has not been properly following the procedures that management has set up. No consequences from management have come, meaning that management isn't monitoring to see if these procedures are being followed.

Continue reading
  5. "Strong Corporate Brand, Supportive Owners & Family Like Team Members"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MassageLuXe full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with MassageLuXe Chandler for about 10 months and from the beginning I felt supported and set up for success. The corporate side is filled with knowledgeable people who you can ALWAYS get a hold of and are willing to do whatever is needed to help you make your spa successful. The Owners of MassageLuXe Chandler are the most supportive owners I know. They provide you with the freedom necessary for management to lead their and manage the team the way we know how. You can always count on them to be there if needed or provide new challenges to keep you engaged. The team is filled with knowledgeable team members of all sorts of walks in life. They keep things lighthearted and fun while providing the best possible services to our clients. Although, tight-nit, this group is always welcoming to new talents and eager to invite them into our family.

Cons

Really eager to get more Arizona Locations!

6. "Best spa clinic in Arizona"

Current Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at MassageLuXe part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy to be employed by MassageLuXe. My schedule is always busy, even if it is not a weekends. Work atmosphere is very warm , i feel like we work like a family Flexible work schedule Vacation &sick paid time Discounted services & products Clean and beautiful location, parking for employees Great management ,friendly and kind co-workers Opportunity to make more money than hourly wage-tips,add on service, specialty massage Hourly wage for specialty massage higher than for standard massage Professional massage tables- your back will never hurt, your table will never too high or too low

Cons

Did not found

Continue reading
  7. "Team Oriented Work Environment with Tons of Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Franchise Representative in Fenton, MO

I have been working at MassageLuXe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunity to be apart of the growth in MassageLuXe! Ownership and leaders care about the culture and well being of the company. Very positive environment, lots of room for growth and I love coming to work everyday!

Cons

It is an excellent place to work, no complaints!

8. "Amazing Company with Tons of Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Fenton, MO

I have been working at MassageLuXe full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, friendly, positive work environment. Ownership and leaders care about the well being of the company. Lots of room for growth potential within the company as they promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a company that makes everyone feel welcome and like family, this is a wonderful place to work!

Cons

It is a great place to work, no complaints!

9. "Awful ppl to work for"

1.0
    Former Employee - Esthetician in Willowbrook, IL

I worked at MassageLuXe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was decent, but for what you had to put up with to earn eventually won.

Cons

Strict schedules, micromanaging your entire move, no room for advancement, coworkers that are belligerent and treat others in such a manner it drives good employees away.

"Wonderful & Awful"

2.0
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Tampa, FL

I worked at MassageLuXe full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are amazing. The level of integrity amongst the worker bees is phenomenal.

Cons

Owner & management don't seem to care about the input and suggestions from their employees. They run out of supplies regularly, massage cream, lotion, essential oils. There are never enough linens, towels, facial accessories, etc. They seem to only care about their own salary - not those of the front desk, estheticians or massage therapists.

Found 121 reviews