Massmedia Corporate Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Massmedia Corporate Communications Reviews

Paula Yakubik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The employees are great people to work with and the committees that plan social events are awesome" (in 4 reviews)

• "The Senior Management goes above and beyond to seek feedback and change when needed" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "As said here before many if not all of the positive reviews were done by management in an effort to flip the narrative in frivolous lies" (in 3 reviews)

• "When something goes wrong with a client, a new person gets let go or reprimanded" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Good job, good people"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Massmedia Corporate Communications (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of good fun national clients, team bonding, great environment and learning

Cons

long work days, tough client work

Advice to Management

"They tried to make me post a 5 star review but I WILL NOT BE BULLIED ANY LONGER"

Current Employee - AAE
    Current Employee - AAE

I have been working at Massmedia Corporate Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sometimes they bring in food

Cons

There seems to be a theme in the cons section for these reviews....MANAGEMENT. Everything about this management team is a joke.
    Day 1: They force you to sign a document saying you will give a 30 DAY NOTICE IF YOU CHOOSE TO LEAVE. If you are not able to fulfill on that 30 day notice they will withhold your paycheck. Seems fishy already right?

Day 2: More red flags! You start talking with coworkers and realize there is not anyone outside of management that has been there more than a year.

Day 3: Management will mess up something with a client.

Day 4: You get a company wide email announcing that someone (who had nothing to do with the mess up from the day before) is no longer with the company. Management had to blame someone and it certainly wouldn't be themselves.

Day 5: They bring in food and force you to eat lunch in a conference room while they go on and on about what a great culture they have and how lucky you are to work for the best agency in the whole wide world. Nausea kicks in...there goes my free lunch.

Day 6-Day 30: You will be actively looking for a new job because you dread coming to work every day. The search will intensify when you see Paula strut in from her weekly hair and nail appointments bragging about her amazing life while the peasants are working hard to pay for them.

Day 31+: You will definitely get fired during this time because management has yet again messed something up and you are getting the blame. They also do not want to pay for your benefits so the timing of your firing is perfect for their greedy agenda.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES WITH A NEW BATCH OF UNSUSPECTING NEW EMPLOYEES.

Advice to Management

Paula,
    The copier code is 0000. It never changes. Stop yelling at everyone to tell you the code when heaven forbid YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR OWN COPIES.

I won't waste any more time in this section since they will never take any of this advice.

MANAGEMENT --- YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

3. "STEPPING STONE FOR INTERN"

Former Employee - Intern in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Intern in Henderson, NV

I worked at Massmedia Corporate Communications part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team building, fun atmosphere, rewarding job!

Cons

day goes by quick

Advice to Management

Great job!

4. "Great energy & atmosphere"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Henderson, NV

I worked at Massmedia Corporate Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large stable company that is growing , room for advancement.

Cons

None, very pleased with all aspects of the job

Advice to Management

Keep building an empire , I wish I didn't have to move!

5. "Team Member"

Current Employee - Team Member in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Team Member in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Massmedia Corporate Communications part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Owner is hands on and involved in the projects. They have a lot of nice projects to be involved in.

Cons

One of their managers was not so nice. She has since left.

Advice to Management

Keep up the team building.

"Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Henderson, NV

I worked at Massmedia Corporate Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First job out of college, gave me a lot of experience doing things most newbies don't get to do.

Cons

some of the major ones would be lack of training, scapegoating, poor management, some of the worst account managers in the industry.

"You'll Be Fired Before You Earn Benefits."

Former Employee - Social Media Specialist
    Former Employee - Social Media Specialist

I worked at Massmedia Corporate Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the other employees were pretty cool, and one in particular is still a close friend years later.

Cons

Executive management is completely unreasonable and has no problem stepping on employees and using them as scapegoats to fire for the agency's generally unsatisfactory work.

Prime example - the owner had a big client presentation one evening, and to prepare, she gave the brand new intern a couple hours to compose the entire PowerPoint with very little direction while the owner herself left to get her hair and nails done. Intern was crying at the end of it, owner didn't even seem to notice...

They nickel and dime their customers right down to charging them every time an employee uses a printer (yes you have to track how many print outs you use for each client - wow) and they also don't bill accurately. They have one massive client, a local hospital group, that they bill everything to when something takes too much time. They also pay for magazine space and try to make it look like PR when really it's advertising. All around a moral deficient company and a revolving door of people fresh out of college. If you see good reviews from employees it is only because management insists upon it. Saw that firsthand.

Advice to Management

Go out of business.

"Don't do it."

I worked at Massmedia Corporate Communications full-time

Pros

Parking spaces. You could always find a spot.

Cons

Where do I even begin? The best way to describe my time there was like the scene from Titanic when the ship hit the iceberg and it was starting to sink and the lower class were telling the leaders something was wrong but yet the leaders remain in denial because the ship was unsinkable.

More than 40 people had left within a year, either by choice or by force. It wasn't uncommon or shocking to have someone go to lunch and never come back or in the morning to find desk cleared and a note left behind. It was a milestone to make it three months or even six months.

It's sad when peers in the industry feel pity on you when you say where you work. Media shies away from you because of the negative association with the company.

As said here before many if not all of the positive reviews were done by management in an effort to flip the narrative in frivolous lies.

After reading the negative reviews I believed that it could not be that bad. Newsflash it is.

Advice to Management

Maybe one day look to yourselves to keep people from running away. When not even leadership sticks around there is a serious problem.

"Run"

Current Employee - Accounts in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Accounts in Henderson, NV

Pros

Most coworkers that aren't in management are really great people. And sometimes they bring in food.

I will say that management has tried to be better, but it will never work. It is systemic and deep rooted. As long as current management is there, the problems will not go away.

Cons

Management. They are petty, childish, talk poorly of employees, treat employees like absolute dirt, get off on ruining lives. It's bizarre witnessing grown adults do some of this stuff. The turn over rate is astronomical.

The stress level is so high it makes people physically ill. They do not care about your well being, they do not care if you have anything personal going on, they do not care about how their their terrible management decisions affect you, they do not care about you as an employee. They care about the bottom line and that is it. Period.

They have internal campaigns to write fake reviews on here rather than take a look in the mirror. They point fingers at everyone but themselves, while simultaneously preaching about extreme ownership. When something goes wrong with a client, a new person gets let go or reprimanded. They wouldn't know what leadership was if it slapped them in the face. Management sits around patting each other on the back when their employees are truly suffering.

It is a truly unhealthy, sick, and toxic environment. STAY FAR AWAY. Don't walk, run.

Advice to Management

When will you ever learn that your employees are your entire business? You honestly, in your heart of hearts, believe ALL of these bad reviews are just disgruntled employees? If so, I only hope to be as blissfully ignorant as you one day.

There is a reason you have a horrible reputation in the market. It is you. Stop throwing a tantrum by suing and firing everyone when you don't get your way. I would also say to look in the mirror and work on yourselves, but clearly years and years of employees telling you to do the same thing hasn't worked so I have no hope for you. Just stop ruining lives.

"I could not ask for a better job, a better opportunity or a better employer"

I have been working at Massmedia Corporate Communications full-time

Pros

I have worked at MassMedia for 2 years. I feel there is a true opportunity here to make a long career. The Senior Management goes above and beyond to seek feedback and change when needed. We have a social event every week and our team is really close knit. The team here is AWESOME! The work and clients are very rewarding. I am not overworked and I enjoy the challenge. The pay is GREAT, the PTO is even better, and management is flexible when I need a day off. Great Culture, caring company.

Cons

Sometimes the clients are challenging and unreasonable with deadlines. The cons are also the people who work here, who are not happy for whatever reason. They are like cancer. So unhappy in life and they bring it to work. Most of these people are young people who want everything handed to them. They do sub-par work and when it gets addressed, they get mad. Grow up and realize this is a job. Leave if you are not happy already!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Don't Stop! You are awesome and thank you!! Please don't let a few bad apples, or bitter past employees let you think your good work and great company are not anything but AWESOME!