Mastech Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Vivek Gupta
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No career growth or technical advancement (in 4 reviews)

• Marketing team should market the company so that people are aware about it (in 5 reviews)

1. "decent company"

Pros

timely payment; fair leadership in Noida; culture is respectful

Cons

weak sales team and sales leadership. no strong relationship with existing client and no new clients are brought. HR is not approachable.

Advice to Management

hire good account managers.

"Directv"

Pros

Training, Benefits, working on your own.

Cons

Mandatory 6 days a week 12 hours a day, No family life. Required to work in extreme weather conditions.

Oct 25, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. It seems you may have confused us with MasTec, a DIRECTV installation and service company. Best of luck!

3. "Tech"

I have been working at Mastech Digital full-time

Pros

The company is going through changes

Cons

They will lead you on

"You will get paid on time, don't expect anything else"

Pros

You will get paid on time

Cons

Mediocre benefits, zero growth opportunities, non-existent marketing and placement department. Annual reviews never happen

Advice to Management

Your field employees generate the revenues and keep you in business. If you can't take care of them, you don't deserve your job.

5. "OK to work when you are desparate"

Former Contractor - Test Lead in Bloomington, IL
    Former Contractor - Test Lead in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Mastech Digital as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Timely Pay and nothing i can think of

Cons

You are on your own after placed in a client location.Green Card program or eligibility are pathetic. As soon as the contract is over, they will ditch you (if you are on H1). Their health insurance is a joke (if you are looking for one)

"Average staffing company"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at Mastech Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HR was prompt in applying H1B and good with paper work. Standard benefits and time off package.

Cons

Sloppy resume marketing. No bonus or increment in 2 plus years.

Jul 28, 2015 – Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Mastech was not ideal. We strive to be a model staffing company and we will use your feedback to improve our organization.

7. "direct tv"

Current Employee - DIRECT TV INSTALLER in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - DIRECT TV INSTALLER in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Company van, phone ok pay when u work a lot
    They care a lot about your safety and you get to meet a lot of cool customers. Also being outside all day is good. not a bad place to work if you have no family or wife

Cons

Work to much on a typical day you have to be on site by 8 that means you have to leave your house around 7 depending on the job. You usually will return home around 6 or later. You have no home life with only one day off. Everything is also based off metrics, so your graded on customer servic, call backs, Internet connection, etc

Advice to Management

Better pay

Jun 22, 2015 – Marketing Associate

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mastech Digital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health care benefits. Salary in time. Immigration department prompt in answering questions and knows well what should be done to get things moving.

Cons

Need to deal with people ( all work from home account managers from India) with little professionalism. Wait days to get feed back from these people.
    Payment is very less, always accept the job with best salary otherwise no raise, no bonus. No help from Mastech in finding projects though they vouch on it, but eager to eat away your money. Many well known firms are not ready to do business with Mastech.

Advice to Management

Recruit some good professionals in USA to talk with (recruiters), many well known firms just not ready do business with your firm.
    Being a public firm, Mastech should be answerable to public also. Understand the simple fact that your employees in field, working at client sites are the company assets not the recruiters sitting at home and bargaining for money.

"Refused to Pay Final Invoice"

Former Contractor - Ruby On Rails Developer
    Former Contractor - Ruby On Rails Developer

I worked at Mastech Digital as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid as promised so long as there were no problems.

Cons

Mastech was the payer of record for a remote contract obtained through a consulting firm. After about six weeks the actual client called Mastech to can me because of their problems integrating a remote worker. The Mastech agent then called me to express concerns, but did not tell me I had been terminated. (He later explained that he was trying to salvage the relationship.) The very next day I called the client, and _he_ did not mention that I was canned. (Too chicken?) So I worked a few more days, until I got a formal stop work order.

When I presented my last timesheet, the client refused to sign it (legitimately so since it was for work performed after they had terminated me with Mastech.) When I asked Mastech to pay up, my contact said that the president had refused to approve this, since the $1,000+ payment would eat up all their profit from the arrangement. (What a great excuse!)

There was an email/phone foofaraw extending over several months, with me teeing off the end client in the process. Finally, the consulting firm that presented me to the client stepped up to do the right thing and paid me, even though they had no legal obligation to do so.

Mastech is probably not worse than many other agencies -- I just happened to find out the limits of their integrity.

Advice to Management

Gas up on integrity!

"Good with Immigration only"

Pros

Immigration,Pay stubs in timely manner

Cons

no direct clients, not good in bench terms..they terminate after 15 days of bench ....