Master's College and Seminary Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Culture & Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Master's College and Seminary full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not all positions are the same, but mine is flexible and allows me the time to deal with family needs when they come up. I love the culture here and the environment of unity and excellence.

Cons

The salaries don't move and there isn't really any opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

If you stand for excellence, make sure you are actually working to do all things excellently. Sometimes for the sake of money or other projects, things get cut which limits our ability to attain excellence.

2. "Athletic Statistician"

Current Employee - Athletic Statistician in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Employee - Athletic Statistician in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Master's College and Seminary part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome work environment. Boss is very easy to work with and allows the job to be flexible. Fun job - get paid to watch sports. Coworkers are kind and willing to cover shifts.

Cons

Hours fluctuate drastically throughout the year, often going weeks at a time with no work. At times there are long shifts with no time to take a break for meals.

Advice to Management

Organization can be lacking at times, and training is a bit weak. Allow more time specifically set aside for training and less on-the-job, group training.

"Experience Working at The Master's College"

Former Employee - Plant Operations Worker in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Plant Operations Worker in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Master's College and Seminary full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Thoughtful, considerate management, who care about their employees. Enjoyable and joyful work environment.

Cons

Little pay, and too much work for number of employees.

4. "Intern"

Former Intern - Intern in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Master's College and Seminary as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Worked really hard to accommodate school activities. Was given extra time off if I needed to study for a major test or project that was due.

Cons

I really enjoyed my time working at The Master's College. I can't really think of anything about my job that I would have liked to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work . I really felt valued and appreciated and like I was a part of the team even though I was just an intern.

5. "Financial Aid intern"

Current Intern - Intern in Santa Clarita, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Santa Clarita, CA

I have been working at Master's College and Seminary as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere and relation with most of staff

Cons

No training with moderate staff expectations
    Boss always looking over your shoulder and hates when you ask questions

Advice to Management

Don't be so off putting when intern asks questions, FYI you never trained them

6. "Christian work place"

Former Contractor - Catering in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Contractor - Catering in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at Master's College and Seminary as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful work environment, with kind people

Cons

it is a bit more political than I expected.

"Good place to be but very very low pay. weigh the cost/benefit ratio carefully."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Pros

There is freedom to operate with quite a lot of autonomy in one's own sphere. Staff, faculty and students are generally very nice people, but there is a definitely a sense of there being an "in-crowd." The campus is beautiful and small.

Cons

Pay is significantly less than industry average. I have been told that our work is considered "ministry" and because we are serving God they don't need to pay us as much as our industry counterparts. In over six years as a manager with a master's degree in my field (and with an additional department being put under my control after 1.5 years of being employed), I have only gotten a total of $3.65 in raises.

Advice to Management

please show your employees that you value them and pay them what they deserve, or at least closer to it!

8. "Limited opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Pros

I think it must be religious fulfillment, because it certainly isn't money. They allow you to do whatever you want in the classroom, with very little guidance, but if you say anything that could be construed as being anti-religious, they don't like that at all.

Cons

Professors are wonderful, but the administration has serious issues. All the professors are absolutely wonderful, but the adminstration is very short sighted and act like they're ex-military, rather than more professional administrators. The trouble is that there is little money involved in any of this and the possibility for reward is very little, so it doesn't make much sense.

Advice to Management

No Witch Hunts.

9. "An excellent place to serve and work."

Current Employee - Director in Newhall, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Newhall, CA

Pros

Supportive Christian environment with shared values. All faculty and staff are committed to serving students fully. Salaries are low, but benefits compare more than favorably with other institutions.

Cons

All salaries are somewhat low, but they are working to improve them.

Advice to Management

Communicate regularly and openly with staff.

10. "Favorite Job Ever"

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Master's College and Seminary full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with some of the most amazing people in the world. By far the best bosses anyone could ask for!! Also is a plus that you get to work around some wonderful students too.

Cons

Easily the only con about working here is the pay. Although depending on the department you work for makes a big difference.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate which departments get the biggest budget for administrative help.