KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MasterClass Reviews

Updated Oct 29, 2021

Found 27 of over 45 reviews

4.5

What people are saying about MasterClass

Join the conversation on

Consulting

16d

a

Consultant

Birthday gift to myself - a new MacBook and subscription to Masterclass. Friends and family celebrate in the usual ways - lunch, fancy dinnner, fancy clothes, cake etc.I had never really enjoyed any of these things but I do it because it makes family happy. Have never really gifted anything to myself so decided to get something that I really want. Never had a personal laptop as I always got one from my company. the last one I bought with my own $ was a dell 15 years ago. Just wanted to share!

7 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 3.0

Great!

Oct 29, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome! Great place to work

Cons

None that I know of

Continue reading
  2. 5.0

Great Atmosphere

Oct 26, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

great team and great company culture

Cons

nothing to report on so far!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loved Working with Recruiter during the Hiring Process

Sep 1, 2021 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiter Lauren from Masterclass was really great to work with. I found the whole process (from interviews to the offer) to be excellent. Lauren was very friendly, quick to respond, easy to talk to and timely. I'm excited to join the team.

Cons

No cons that I can list.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

People First

Jun 25, 2021 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly impressed with the culture here 2.5 months in. So much so that I'm leaving this review without anyone at the company asking me to! I interviewed at 50 companies and MasterClass checked my 4 main boxes the best: 1. People: Great culture and ethical founder 2. Mission: Inspiring people to learn through online education 3. Role: Growth engineering is great for entrepreneurial engineers 4. Comp: Generous salary and equity with clear path to IPO IMO I'm also really impressed with the DEI efforts at MasterClass.

Cons

Like any company there are certainly areas for improvement. We're experiencing classic growing pains right now in which our more senior folks are stretched thin with interviews on top of onboarding new peeps and any other work they can get to. Our documentation on the engineering team also needs better organization which apparently we're working on.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great company

May 5, 2021 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for. Lots of potential

Cons

Growing pains but potential long term

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stoked

May 4, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning and Development is encouraged and supplemented through a yearly stipend

Cons

None aside from pandemic burnout, but has been balanced by company-wide mental health breaks and a vacation stipend to take time off.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Best job I've ever had

Apr 19, 2021 - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel so privileged to get to work with so many brilliant people who are so good at what they do AND are so incredibly kind. It is truly a rare mix to find them all in one place. The company really cares about the people and works really hard to make it a great place to work. They ask a lot, maintain high standards of excellence, but work hard to acknowledge the hard work at all levels through a ton of perks, public/private recognition, and validation. They invest in management training and employee experience. I love working here, it is the best job I've ever had.

Cons

MasterClass is growing fast and with that comes a fair share of growing pains. What worked as a scappy startup doesn't always work as well with hundreds of employees and we're in the middle of sorting all that out right now. That being said, MC still has a "startup" kind of hustle where it is somewhat standard to build the plane while flying it. This can be frustrating for some, but others can thrive in this kind of environment.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great Place to work!

Feb 10, 2021 - Marketing Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, people, work is amazing, leadership is great.

Cons

Start-up hours, high-demand for excellence.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good company

Jan 27, 2021 - Customer Support Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, choose your own hours

Cons

A little disorganized at times

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Successful and Growing company

Jan 12, 2021 - Creative Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced and ambitious company with fine employees

Cons

Burn out and 50+ hour work week.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews