MasterControl "401k match" Reviews | Glassdoor

MasterControl Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Dec 20, 2019

4.4
MasterControl CEO Jon Beckstrand (no image)
Jon Beckstrand
Pros
  • "good culture, good people, good work life balance(in 16 reviews)

• "There's a great company culture here, there a tons of great people to work with(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "401k match is low compared to previous employers(in 5 reviews)

• "Health Insurance is free, but has a high deductible(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews

"Highly Satisfying"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at MasterControl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is, hands down, the best company I've worked for. I've worked for a few others and interviewed at even more and MasterControl stands out above the rest. The company really cares and is constantly trying to improve. Upper Management is approachable and friendly. The culture is amazing. This is a very unique company who's product actually helps improve the world. Other Pros: - High trust environment - You receive appreciation and recognition for a job well done - Employee empowerment - Very understanding and flexible schedule - Fun company events and activities - Company condo's - Most of the benefits that "great companies to work for" offer, MasterControl offers - Fitibts for everyone - Fitbit challenges with great awards - Training budget - Fitness clubs - 40 hour work week - Work from home program - Sensible business model - Great new building - Free snacks - They really care about their employees and it shows - They invest a lot in their employees to help them be the best they can be in their careers

Cons

- There technically is a matching 401k, but to have the employer contribute, you'll need to pay part of your health insurance premium - Experience can vary by department, but overall they're all great to be a part of - If you're not self-motivated, your experience may vary - Some parts of the Software Development Process aren't as Agile as others (but it's improving quickly)

MasterControl2017-02-03
  2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at MasterControl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture is positive and encouraging. There are daily "benefits" like the snack program, parties celebrating something almost every month. Overall a good feeling that senior leadership does care about the employees.

Cons

401k match is low compared to previous employers

MasterControl2019-12-20
  3. "Good environment"

I have been working at MasterControl full-time

Pros

Work from home, laid back but committed work environment.

Cons

No matching 401k. Mostly that.

MasterControl2017-10-31

"Energizing Culture and Smart People!"

Current Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at MasterControl full-time for less than a year

Pros

This may end of being the best job I ever had. I assumed that it was normal to dread going to work, until I got a job at MasterControl. There is always something fun going on, they do a lot for their employees, and they live their core values (not just hang them on the wall somewhere). I am surrounded by smart professionals and I am proud to call them colleagues. The company pays 100% healthcare and promotes healthy living. New building location is being designed and is looking to be quite nice.

Cons

Not many cons but every company has a few. No 401K match. Open seating takes some getting used. By the book budgeting and utilization targets may overshadow common sense occasionally. Poor meeting etiquette company-wide.

MasterControl2015-11-07

"Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at MasterControl full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture is amazing. Midsize growing company with a small company feel.The level of industry expertise is off the charts. Exceptional people all around. I am driven to be my best and continually pushed by those around me. The employee benefits are very competitive - great insurance and plenty of PTO. I have been able to grow my career here with internal promotions. Good pay and great people! I love what I do and who I do with!

Cons

It would be nice to have 401K match or some kind of alternative but no real complaint about the benefits.

MasterControl2015-09-22

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews