Mastercard Reviews | Glassdoor

Mastercard President and CEO Ajay Banga
Ajay Banga

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some are pure meat grinders with little or no work/life balance (in 37 reviews)

• Communication from senior management regarding changes to company structure aren't always timely, or the information changes every few months (in 30 reviews)

1. "Recommendation"

Current Employee - Director, Risk Management in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director, Risk Management in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, great business, really something that helps the world

Cons

Come prepared - people know what they are doing and are committed to high standards :-)

Advice to Management

Mentor employees

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Intern in O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Intern in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Mastercard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice and smart co-workers, great work environment!

Cons

In O'Fallon, MO which is sort of away from everything

3. "Vice President/Senior Business Leader"

I worked at Mastercard full-time

Pros

Amazing leadership, innovative products, platforms & consulting solutions and a "priceless" brand that fulfills its promise to providing experiences that really matter.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but a comment to continue the momentum to offer opportunities to account managers who are in need of a change in accountabilities to ensure their personal growth.

4. "Awesome!"

I have been working at Mastercard full-time

Pros

Wonderful place to work with plenty of options to explore

Cons

Not that i can think of! -> this may be a cons!

5. "Associate Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is outstanding and pushes me to do what is best for me, even if it is with another team/department

Cons

There are some managers who show obvious favoritism, but to be honest the company as a whole treats you so well that you can't complain. The favorites are just extra lucky.

Advice to Management

Avoid favoritism

6. "Mastercard"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Mastercard as an intern

Pros

Awesome mission
    People care about interns

Cons

cashless campus and usability of the idea is terrible

7. "Intern"

Former Employee - Internship in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Internship in Miami, FL

I worked at Mastercard part-time

Pros

Great environment. Learned valuable information about the industry, as well as, worked closely with branches from around the world.

Cons

I truly enjoyed my time with this company and have no Cons.

8. "19 Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - IT Consultant Project Manager in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - IT Consultant Project Manager in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MasterCard is a fast paced company that is continually changing which offers staff the opportunity to advance their knowledge from a technology and payments industry perspective.

Outstanding medical, dental, 401 k, and other benefits.

MC supports the LGBT community and this year became the primary sponsor for the St. Louis Pridefest.

MC provides daily communication on the happenings of our teams around the globe. Additionally, MC offers partner benefits and has for many years.

The management team at MC is responsive to issues that may arise in the work place.

Cons

MC has it's own culture that is very competitive because we hire the best and brightest. This can be a difficult adjustment when first entering it's workforce.

Advice to Management

Managers that have the same direct reports for too long can be a signal that their is favoritism. Change in management is good to keep all teams fresh and can create synergy between teams.

"Honestly really love working here"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Culture: It varies slightly by parts of the company, but pretty much everyone is kind, helpful, and willing to share knowledge. The identification as a tech company is also very present in the casual dress code, scooters/ping pong in the office, and the frequency with which we are provided food in meetings and events. I genuinely feel like the company cares about the people who work here.

- Work/Life balance: It's awesome. Our maternity/paternity leave policy is awesome, the office is mostly empty by 6pm, the company only lets you carry over 5 vacation days a year which incentivizes you to take vacation. This is part of why I have no intention of leaving this company any time soon.

- Benefits - in a business role (as opposed to development or tech support, etc, which I can't speak to), the compensation, bonuses, and stock options are generous and fair to market averages. 401k matching is fabulous and vests quickly. Also why I have no intention of leaving any time soon.

- We do some cool stuff - Mastercard has a really interesting business model. We do some cool stuff in the tech space, but are also a juggernaut player when it comes to enabling card payments. As a result, we have the money to spend on exploring good ideas, which makes it an interesting place to work.

- Diversity - Mastercard is not kidding around with it's dedication to diversity. It's one of the reasons people come here, but also what makes me want to stay.

Cons

- It's a big company - There's bureaucracy in every Fortune 500 company. I've worked for 3 of them, and this is actually the most streamlined in terms of processes. We also have to do standardized trainings. Every job has downsides, but bureaucracy is a fair trade off for the stability of salary, benefits, and work/life balance, to me, at least.

- It's not THAT big a company - Mastercard is still only around 12k employees worldwide. I actually see this as a plus in terms of how much responsibility an otherwise mid-level person can have, but it does mean there aren't always endless job options at every level in every group in every location.

Advice to Management

The shift the company has taken in the last 7 years or so has been remarkable. It's going to be interesting to see where it goes next.

10. "Director"

Pros

Culture, salary, location, resume builder

Cons

Don't have many cons to add

Showing 264 of 1,005 reviews