Mastercard Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Some are pure meat grinders with little or no work/life balance (in 37 reviews)

• Communication from senior management regarding changes to company structure aren't always timely, or the information changes every few months (in 30 reviews)

"Junior sales"

I have been working at Mastercard full-time

Pros

- Innovative company
    - Digital world
    - World leader
    - Great flexibility

Cons

- Way too corporate if you want to evolve
    - Not enough opportunity for young professional to evolve

Advice to Management

Trust in young professionals

2. "10 Years at Mastercard"

Current Employee - Director, Financial Planning and Analysis in Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Director, Financial Planning and Analysis in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to growth, and develop your career in a very flexible environment.

Cons

I do not see any negative factor of working in MC, the only cons I may see is that hardly you can find in the market another company as good Mastercard.

Advice to Management

Mastercard develop a very important social work related to financial inclusion worldwide promoting inclusive growth, through Mastercard Foundation, and also, partnering with international recognized institutions. I think this work needs to be highlighted not only internally but also externally. I am very proud to be part of an organization that is committed to do well do good!

3. "19 Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - IT Consultant Project Manager in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - IT Consultant Project Manager in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

MasterCard is a fast paced company that is continually changing which offers staff the opportunity to advance their knowledge from a technology and payments industry perspective.

Outstanding medical, dental, 401 k, and other benefits.

MC supports the LGBT community and this year became the primary sponsor for the St. Louis Pridefest.

MC provides daily communication on the happenings of our teams around the globe. Additionally, MC offers partner benefits and has for many years.

The management team at MC is responsive to issues that may arise in the work place.

Cons

MC has it's own culture that is very competitive because we hire the best and brightest. This can be a difficult adjustment when first entering it's workforce.

Advice to Management

Managers that have the same direct reports for too long can be a signal that their is favoritism. Change in management is good to keep all teams fresh and can create synergy between teams.

4. "Intern"

Former Employee - Internship in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Internship in Miami, FL

I worked at Mastercard part-time

Pros

Great environment. Learned valuable information about the industry, as well as, worked closely with branches from around the world.

Cons

I truly enjoyed my time with this company and have no Cons.

"One of the best environmet for flourishing, both as a professional as well as a person"

Current Employee - Assositae Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Assositae Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Encouraging, supporting & enthusiastic Management & Team.

I joined Mastercard as a fresher, and in the journey till now, I have received immense support and valuable guidance which have helped me grow not just as a valuable professional but as a efficient developer as well.

2. Energetic work environment.

One of the many things I love about Mastercard is that, there is always something new is going on around the company. New idea & initiatives, innovative projects & solutions.

3. Open to changes and ideas

It doesn't matter how irrelative an idea is, now I always feel that it's worth sharing. Here I have witnessed the culture of keep improving, and for that people just fall in to put there 100% in your idea.

4. Ethical business & work principles

MasterCard's business ethics not only align with lawful business practices, but also towards a positive-constructive work culture with a sense of integrity. And being aware is the first step to act responsible.

5. Learn-Share-Evolve-Innovate culture

Here I have seen the change is being derived from employees and not just management. It is always fruitful to engage with other professional and get to know something new day by day.

6. Work life balance

During my interview I asked one thing from my manager, "Will I get sufficient time for self improvement?". And the reply was "Yes, you will get plenty of time for self improvement". And now I can't be more thankful :) . Flexible Work hours.

7. Abundant learning resources and material for self development.

At MasterCard there is an exposure to lot of online learning material as well as the content generated by experienced collaboration ( good for me, a developer).

Cons

As a 50+ years of growth, at first it might seem hard to capture current work picture.

6. "Director"

Pros

Culture, salary, location, resume builder

Cons

Don't have many cons to add

""Very Good Company""

I have been working at Mastercard full-time

Pros

Very nice company to work here.

Cons

Need to think hard about cons..

Advice to Management

I have done masters in Information Security from Devry University (Chicago), USA. I applied for information security position at vadodara location, directly company website and also send updated resume to vadodara HR. But still i didn't got any reply from company. My advise to management please look at this matter.

8. "Working here is truly - Priceless"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, Leadership Style, Employer who cares about its workforce, Impact on the society

Cons

Too lean - can increase the number of junior population

9. "Very good"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Pune (India)

I have been working at Mastercard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to express innovative ideas , work life balance, salary and other perks. If you are a person willing to take responsibility and the passion to grow MasterCard is great place to work.

Cons

Difference in compensation for high performers and average achievers are not huge. HR policies need to be revisited like retention policy etc

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the employees to innovate more and more. Good job so far.

10. "Senior Consultant"

I worked at Mastercard full-time

Pros

Great company, forward thinking. Above average benefits. Opportunities to grow within the company.

Cons

Occasional pockets of nepotism but overall good management.

Showing 903 of 1,003 reviews