Cover image for Match

78% Recommend to a Friend
87% Approve of CEO

Found 172 of over 205 reviews

3.9
Match CEO, Match and Match Affinity Hesam Hosseini (no image)
Hesam Hosseini

77 Comments

Tech

629.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Match~15905
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Match? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Match employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Mission & Great People

Jan 31, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong aspirational mission; smart, engaging teammates; high-margin, subscription business; work/life balance is valued

Cons

Business model is evolving and there are headwinds

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Match is great to work but I feel that I am getting underpaid

Oct 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like the company culture, the benefits and projects. We have a great environment and tools to support our jobs.

Cons

I feel like I am getting underpaid comparing to the average Match salary on Glassdoor and also comparing to some other companies.

Continue reading
  3. Join the Match team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Fun Times

Oct 5, 2022 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and fun socials

Cons

Can get overwhelming with deadlines

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mediocre company to work at

Sep 26, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good benefits + HR -Ability to move around to other roles in the company

Cons

-Lack of diversity, multiple POCs left or were laid off (major red flag). Senior management is all white people who work on apps that cater to BIPOC demographic and have no clue about the culture -Poor management and training (people lack emotional intelligence) -People barely get promoted + pay discrepancies -Low compensation for how much work you do -Senior management has extremely outdated practices + doesn't work to improve them -Very hard to take time off without making the rest of the days you work hard

6. 5.0

Great job

Jun 13, 2022 - Test Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the culture, pay and community

Cons

Zero. I think they treated us very fairly

7. 5.0

Employer cares

May 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

In recent years, the company has really made an effort to address their shortcomings, including: - Competitive salary - Good parental leave policy - for all parents - Focus on employee mental well-being - In-office events and perks

Cons

Some departments suffer from lack of diversity. We could probably do more there.

Continue reading
  8. 5.0

Great company

Apr 13, 2022 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, comp, upward mobility.

Cons

None come to my mind

9. 5.0

Excellent Company

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing to work with. I enjoy working with them

Cons

nothing to say at this time

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Mar 23, 2022 - Administration
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard play hard is truly a thing here

Cons

The cons no longer work here so nothing to add

11. 1.0

Meh

Apr 4, 2022 - Corporate Counsel in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits (healthcare) are available

Cons

no clarity about growth opportunities, they do not promote from within, if you disagree with senior management you will likely get fired

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 Reviews
</>Embed

Match Reviews FAQs

Match has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 205 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Match to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Match employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Match. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

78% of Match employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Match 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Match to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Match Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Match? Share Your Experiences

Match logo

Match Careers

Cover image for Match

In April of 2015, Match turned 20 years old as one of less than a handful of tech companies born in 1995 that still leads its category. ...More

• Our Technology
  • Match Perks!

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

Logo

1359 days ago

Expert dating coaches at Match? Check out what our CEO has to say about it!
Shared image - Match's new service, a one-on-one phone call with an expert dating coach, is a hit with millennial men
glassdoor.com

Match Photos

+ Add Photo
Match photo of: Match Turns 20!
Match photo of: Pucker up! Happy Valentine's Day from Match NYC #lifeatmatch
Match photo of: Jessica Johnson from our Product Team traveled to Park City, UT today to give an outstanding talk on creating personalized email experiences at MediaPost’s Email Insider Summit #MPEIS #EmailMarketing
Match photo of: Great turnout for ReactJS Dallas last night to see our very own Morgan talk about theming in React. The DFW React community growing strong. We love it! #lifeatmatch
Match photo of: We busted out the big screen and N64 for a fierce (yet friendly) Mario Kart tournament at last week’s employee happy hour. Congrats to Richard from IT for taking top place!
Match photo of: Success Stories! #MatchMade #lifeatmatch

eharmony Logo
eharmony

3.4

Compare

Glassdoor has 205 Match reviews submitted anonymously by Match employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Match is right for you.