I have been working at Mathematica Policy Research part-time (More than a year)
-office space, not too big
-senior staff hard to reach
Advice to Management
I have been working at Mathematica Policy Research full-time (More than 5 years)
Every employee, besides secretaries, gets their own office
1. Worked for this company over 5 years. some of the key points to remember when you work here - discrimination, favoritism - Yes, exists here.
During my employment at Mathematica, I have heard Male project directors cracking racial/offensive JOKES and mean words towards female employees -- Making 'STINKY' environment to work.
You are NOT judged based on your skill-set, experience, or hard-work - but based on your face-value (what a joke !)
3. Their attitude towards everyone is "you're replaceable", they will spend $1,000 to save $10, they make it impossible to move on within the company.
4. Senior research and management staff often ignore emails from junior staff, and it can be hard to get help when you are stuck on something.
5. Incompetent support staff (accounting, IT, secretaries, etc). Not good enough for the 21st century.
Limited professional development opportunities.
6. Lacks cultural diversity. Definitely missing dynamic, and diverse corporate culture.
7. Some staff lack professionalism. Personal relationships often drive business decisions and staff are treated differently based upon their personal relationships.
8. No career-growth or advancement opportunity for most of the staff.
I worked at Mathematica Policy Research full-time (More than 3 years)
-good perks (paid time off, 401K, etc)
-conservative management/division structure
-difficult to join projects of your interest; often stuck with what you get
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?