KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mathnasium

Engaged Employer

Mathnasium

Add a Review

Mathnasium Employee Reviews about "opportunity"

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,930

973 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mathnasium and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "opportunity"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Gap year employment

Jul 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly owners and management

Cons

No opportunity to become full time

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

Mathnasium is a great place to gain exposure to teaching math to a wide range of students without the intimidation of being in an actual classroom. You have the opportunity to build coaching skills and develop concise explanations for mathematical concepts. The environment is kept focused yet fun. As such, there is always music going on in the background as a room of students work on their math.

Cons

The hours are really flexible, but the center is only open 4.5 hours a day, four days a week. Honestly the most stressful thing for me is when the center is full and you are working with students who are distracting others or refusing to do their work. There are ways to handle this that I'm not proficient at yet, but the center director and other instructors are there to help you with these situations.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mathnasium of Ellicott City/Germantown/Rockville - Instructor and Assistant Director

Sep 18, 2015 - Assistant Director in Ellicott City, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Flexible part-time scheduling -Full-time available, did not need another job to support myself -Salaried position available with advancement -Great work environment if you like children -Get to sleep in everyday because its afternoon work -Good co-workers -Learned a lot about managing a business, managing an office, managing customers, and supporting education for the students. -Pays better than most other part-time or full time entry level positions. Pays better than most other Mathnasiums also. -Decent job to start from out of college or if your are retired. -Work with many different online databases and software. I worked there for 3 years. It was my first job out of college. You need a college degree to work at this Mathnasium. While in college I worked at a bank. I constantly was hassled by customers who lost money and what-not. Very depressing work with no support. This job not only paid the same as my banking position, but was way more fun and interesting. Few dull moments with kids involved. I taught all grade levels from 1st grade to Calculus. I eventually became the Assistant Director. This gave me an opportunity to handle many of the business related aspects of the job. Definitely a resume booster.

Cons

-Must work a weekend day to be full time -Must work six days a week to be full time (its after school hours work, so maximum is a seven hour workday) -No benefits (go get Obama-Care)

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Easy job Good pay

Nov 13, 2021 - Instructor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely flexible Good pay Not tiring good holidays

Cons

Little opportunity for promotion and development Some students shouldn't really be there

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Loved my experience!

Mar 1, 2022 - Math Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

This position helped me grow as a person and provided me the opportunity to teach math to students in an engaging fashion

Cons

I don't have any cons

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity!

Jan 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to impact students! The environment allows instructors to manage many students at a time while maintaining the 1-1 tutoring feel. The owner at my location was also great!

Cons

I wish there was more hours!

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Mathnasium Instructor

Aug 21, 2021 - Instructor in Burke, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity to interact with children and teach them

Cons

The pay was not worth the work that you are meant to do

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worked from Instructor to CD

Nov 12, 2020 - Center Director in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to help families by giving kids an education

Cons

Low starting pay as an instructor

Continue reading