Mathnasium "part time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Mathnasium Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Nov 21, 2019

4.1
Mathnasium Founder and Chief Executive Officer Peter Markovitz
Peter Markovitz
Pros
  • "flexible hours with little to no weekend hours(in 107 reviews)

• "The owners are usually really nice and it’s always fun working with kids(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay compared to private tutoring(in 62 reviews)

• "Part time no opportunity for growth(in 43 reviews)

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great part time / side job if you like teaching various math topics to students of all ages"

Current Employee - Lead Instructor

I have been working at Mathnasium part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you like working and communicating with students of all ages and teaching various math topics, this is the place to be. Most students are respectful and cooperative so it is barely hectic compared to a typical classroom setting. As a lead instructor, I got to learn a lot about what it takes to be a responsible leader who takes care of the team and solve problems, not just mathematical toy problems.

Cons

There are probably some downsides but nothing outstanding. Just small nuisances that any average job would have but could be dealt with yourself and management. This depends on the branch but ours hire for part time, so don't come looking for full time hours or expect to earn enough to live by. It's a great and relatively calm part time job if you're a student or looking for a side job!

Mathnasium2019-11-22
  2. "Easy going company"

Current Employee - Math Tutor in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Mathnasium part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible time and no much pressure.

Cons

Part time job, working hours is can not pay for live

Mathnasium2019-11-02
  3. "Excellent work, limited hours"

Former Employee - Center Director in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Mathnasium full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a TERRIFIC job for college students wanting part time shifts after classes. I learned so much during my time there. The way they teach math is absolutely exceptional. I loved most of my coworkers; we had a lot of fun working together. Teaching the kids was also extremely rewarding. The average instructor to student ratio is 1:3, which works quite well. Management was incredibly supportive, even when my health was poor and I needed time off. I highly recommend working here, if you're good at math but also teachable and willing to be molded. As Center Director, I was given 2 weeks PTO.

Cons

Full time work may not be available. No benefits for part time.

Continue reading
    Mathnasium2019-10-10
  4. "Great experience- I have a few weeks left after working here for about 15 months"

Current Employee - Lead Instructor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Mathnasium part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's true that the best way to learn is to teach someone else. My math skills definitely improved after working here, because no calculators are permitted except in special circumstances with advanced math! Additionally, it's great that you get to have a closer relationship with students and parents. Customer service is much more personable because you see clients recurringly. Hours are flexible, and great employees who are also students because they are in afternoons. The pay and environment definitely beat other minimum wage jobs, and this is a great addition to a resume.

Cons

Starting pay is fairly low for the skill set required for this job. However, with time and experience, promotions can be achieved which offer better pay. Training takes much longer than other part-time jobs, but this is for obvious reasons because you must learn all the methods of teaching required.

Mathnasium2019-08-10
  5. "Challenging, Interactive, and Rewarding"

Former Employee - Assistant Center Director in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mathnasium part-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart and charismatic team of instructors, assistants, and directors. Keeps your mathematical background keen while also having a rewarding experienc by teaching.

Cons

Work shifts are a little on the low side, but it makes sense being part time.

Mathnasium2019-02-20
  6. "Great teaching environment with low hours"

Former Employee - Math Tutor in Houston, TX

I worked at Mathnasium part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible after school schedule Good teaching techniques Plenty of homework and problem solving Kids are very chatty and love to talk to you about their day. Kids can make you laugh! It's a really good feeling to have someone say to you that they understood the material that was taught in class way more with you than at school. Great boss and co-workers! Good starting pay and there is an opportunity to earn more if you take an additional math test or just by working there longer.

Cons

Open few hours so it is great as a part-time school job. Not for full-time employment. Kids can be chatty so it can be challenge to sometimes keep them concentrated. Just depends on the kids personality. The weekends are quite slow but that is a given since many do not want to do math on Saturdays. Sometimes the material can get repetitive and it can be draining on the students.

Continue reading
    Mathnasium2019-03-01
  7. "Former Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mathnasium part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great to work with kids

Cons

Part time no opportunity for growth

Mathnasium2019-01-01
  8. "Wonderful place to work part time as a student"

I worked at Mathnasium part-time

Pros

- working with younger students before they become math-averse - flexible hours that can accommodate a student schedule

Cons

- no real cons for a student working part-time

Mathnasium2018-10-15
  9. "Perfect for students"

I have been working at Mathnasium part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule for university students Multiple locations for convenience

Cons

Only part-time work is available

Mathnasium2018-08-20
  10. ""tutor""

I have been working at Mathnasium part-time

Pros

Relaxed environment. Fun to work with kids.

Cons

Only a part time job, not a career.

Mathnasium2018-08-12

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 43 reviews