Matisia Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Matisia Consultants CEO Darren Alger
Darren Alger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I think they want to make sure nobody feels like they're out there, consulting, on their own (in 2 reviews)

• Amazing company that goes above and beyond for their employees (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • but they have a great sales team (in 5 reviews)

• If you experience bench time, you (in 4 reviews)

"Better than other consulting firms in Seattle"

I have been working at Matisia Consultants full-time

Pros

Loved the management, you get to manage your own work with the client. Loved the fact that they give you $1000 for your laptop and your insurance is fully paid by them.

Cons

Insurance for family members is expensive

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate you leaving your feedback and are glad to hear this feels like a good fit!

2. "Great Culture/Awesome People"

I have been working at Matisia Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been at Matisia (Unify) for more than a year. The people that are hired are amazing. Lots of opportunity to meet people and stay connected.

I feel I am supported and that it's up to me to choose how much I want to get involved, I like that. You can tell leadership works hard to keep communication flowing in order to keep things transparent.

So far, I've had a great experience and I'm looking forward to see what the future brings!

Cons

You have to be independent to work here, some people need a little more hand holding and get frustrated. The flat structure is not for everyone. Also, the Seattle office can be a difficult location to get to.

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for leaving your review! We are so happy you are having a great experience working with us so far and we hope you continue to feel this way!

3. "Happiest I've ever been"

Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Matisia Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

100% going the right direction. The firm has dialed in what they're great at; added a lot of former Big 4 experienced capability leaders who are adding depth to the offerings, has Account Management alignment and a Leadership team who total has empathy for the consultants in at the client sites. Very collaborative open environment. Diverse client list is second to none in Seattle market.

Cons

none to speak of; I've been here several years and love it.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote in field consultants to lean in and participate more. They're the lifeblood of the company and very skilled!

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for sharing! We’re continually working hard to make our company the choice for our consultants, and appreciate hearing that our focus on account diversification, expanding depth and breadth of... More

"Terrible - interviewing to get out"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Matisia Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't know. I can't think of much I really like. I've made a few "friends" at the company, but I'm learning nobody trusts one another, and there is a TON of back stabbing. That's hardly a pro.....

Cons

Management is a joke, the president is a lying salesperson that says nice things but has zero character, and they lie to you about a "paid" bench. Don't fall for it. You are totally ON YOUR OWN with this place. I hear it used to be a good company, but they have clearly lost their mojo. And to think they changed their name to Unify is just over-the-top hilarious! SO NOT TRUE. Stay FAR, FAR away

Advice to Management

You suck

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Seeing a headline of “Terrible” is troubling, to say the least. It sounds like your end-to-end experience at Matisia was a miserable one, and that you are interviewing with other firms in hopes to... More

"Bi-polar"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Matisia Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, if you can last. Colleagues are generally very competent, friendly, and sincere, Management should do more do emulate their staff.

Cons

Temporary staffing firm, not a true consultancy. A lot of talk about people culture, but its a chew you up and spit you out environment that does not support its employees. CEO only cares about $, not people.

Advice to Management

Find your soul.

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. It sounds like your experience with Matisia was a highly disatisfying one. We hope that your next situation is a better one for you.

"Director"

Pros

Smart co workers. A few different clients to work for is decent diversification.

Cons

President is a liar. Their image is now so bad they're changing their name. I was with the company for 5 years and progressed nicely until I realized how much they use their employees.

Advice to Management

New ceo

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. We are excited about what our new name signifies in terms of the direction our company is headed. We hope you are able to find a better fit moving forward.

"Manipulative con-artists leading the charge"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Matisia Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, caring colleagues in the non-leadership ranks.

Cons

Big talk and promises from leadership that never come true. The CEO paints a picture of loyalty and wanting to retain talent for the long term, but in reality you will be fired the second you roll off your project. If you are not in the inner circle of the leadership team, you are and will be replaced without hesitation.

Advice to Management

Just call it what it is, a basic staffing company. Stop telling lies, be honest for once (that means don't let the CEO talk at events).

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. Hearing a recommendation that we should “stop telling lies, and behonest for once” is distressing. This feedback is atypical for us, and we wish we better understood the... More

"Great Co-Workers but Question Leadership and Future"

Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Matisia Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that you work with on project are very knowledgeable and great to work with. The projects you work on typically lean toward true consultant projects though staffing rolls are starting to show up.

If you enjoy consulting and selling then the company offers additional compensation for what you sell as well as additional career opportunities internally.

Good monetary compensation but other benefits are lacking when compared to other offerings from similar companies.

Cons

Company has slid in terms of consultant engagements since I started. When I came on board it was a very consultant focused organization. With the promotion of several senior leaders over the past few months that changed to a sales first company. If you are looking to just be a consultant then they just don't know what to do with you. Their expectation is that you are selling as well as consulting. This is also the only avenue to have any sort of career path inside the organization.

The company has a typical bench policy with a bit of a twist. Like other organizations they pay for your bench time but if you are on it for longer than 2 weeks it's not unusual to see someone be shown the door. For any time on the bench it is mainly left up to you to work with the sales team to find you a new contract or going out on your own and selling something yourself. The company does not care about churning through consultants.

Leadership has seen a big shift in the past year. There used to be a majority that worked with consultants but they are no longer there. It has since become a bro club of senior leaders that share the same college or are friends of the CEO, and have started to increase the importance of "consultants that sell". Annual reviews used to be discussions with senior leaders about how you and the company can improve but now they have become conversations about how you can convert your contacts into business opportunities.

Advice to Management

I've already talked to management and they have made it very clear they only listen to their inner circle of influencers.

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to give such specific feedback. It’s deeply disconcerting to hear about your experience. We want to create as much opportunity for as many as interested to grow their... More

"Bad Reputation"

I worked at Matisia Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employs some quality consultants who are very bright and work with integrity

Cons

CEO is a used car salesmen. Most of the leadership team plays follow the leader and lacks any real integrity. Burning bridges with so many people in a small city doesn't seem smart.

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO

Jan 23, 2018 – Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback. We hope you have been able to find another opportunity that is a better fit.

"Don't be sold into this dishonest and toxic work culture"

I worked at Matisia Consultants full-time

Pros

A few strong consultants and decent human beings mixed in with a lot of dishonest leadership and communication

Cons

No career and growth opportunities, despite leadership claiming it's a "choose your own adventure" company - the opportunities don't exist!

If you are on the bench, it won't be long until you don't have a job. However, this will come as a complete surprise as you've been sold as a strong consultant in the past. Leadership will blame you and your performance/skills when ultimately it's a reflection of their declining reputation as a company and clients no longer wanting to work with them.

They've hired strong performers only to let them go a few months later when they couldn't find them a project. You'll hear the phrase "we really care about our consultants" and "the happiness of our consultants comes before our clients" but don't be fooled. Even though you've just quit your stable, secure, well paying job or turned down an offer from another reliable organization, you will be thrown into the trash as they realize they can't make money off you - with little regard to you as a human being or human decency.

For a company that claims to be transparent and authentic, the secrecy and dishonesty of the internal team and long time consultants is disgusting. It feels as though you're sold into a frat that's being led by unprofessional, uneducated middle aged "professionals" who have no idea how to run a business.

The seem to think a good roadmap and growth strategy is to rely on their college buddies from the Seattle area to hook them up with projects. This usually doesn't transpire, which is why they can't grow in markets outside of the Seattle area (they don't have their college pals in Minneapolis, Southern California, and San Fran to help them start a business, and no one takes them seriously)

The people who say there are no cons have only been on one project and haven't yet experienced time on the bench

Oct 23, 2017 – Matisia Consultants

Thanks for taking the time to share your point of view. It sounds like your short experience with Matisia was not a positive one. We wish you best as you look to secure a position that better meets... More