Matrix Medical Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Walt Cooper

Pros
  • The best thing about working for Matrix Medical -definitely my coworkers and the good benefits package (in 11 reviews)

• Good pay, benefits with 401k, health/dental/vision (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • hours with no work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• everything from low to upper management as it changes annually (in 10 reviews)

1. "Very enjoyable"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Trenton, WI
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Trenton, WI

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and autonomy. Working in a home care environment with the geriatric population who very much appreciate health care providers coming to them. Good company support and scheduling.

Cons

Hours in the day could get long. Sometimes the drive to each home would be lengthy which would would cause you to work later on catchup at home.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

"meh"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was ok, a lot of the people there are pretty cool, good places to eat nearby

Cons

rampant nepotism, very top-heavy organization that likes to "shake things up" every few months, many of the managers are very arrogant and fake.

Advice to Management

Drain your swamp. You have too many people trying to run things. Many of them don't know what they're doing. Some of them are horrible at managing people.

"Nurse Practitioner per diem"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Matrix Medical part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, enjoyed working for original company until company was sold. Occasionally able to assist those in need. Per diem pay was high when hired by original company.

Cons

Members complain they are harassed to schedule appointments, some saying they were told the insurance company states visit is mandatory. Many members are upset with company. The past 2 years after company was sold there was a climate change, with pressure to schedule visits, bonuses based on monthly volume but then no members to visit at the end of the year. I started to dread my scheduled days and was relieved to resign.

"CSR"

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Believed in what we were doing!

Cons

took away all that made the place great to work at., stopped caring about employees and clients.

Advice to Management

they don't tend to listen..... keep making the same mistakes over and over without learning from them.

"Experienced professionals need to look elsewhere"

Current Employee - Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros other than my compensation and that here are a few folks here that are too talented to be here and are a pleasure to work with. These talented professionals were sold a bill of goods and are now pursuing other opportunities.

Cons

- Top heavy with unnecessary management. Too many supervisors, managers, directors, and VPs
    - Title oriented culture where experienced professionals are not given adequate support to perform their job duties UNLESS they have a management title of some kind.
    - Myopic business strategy and refusal to acknowledge the "elephant in the room"
    - Collective hubris from past achievements thereby inhibiting any sort of improvement
    - Sub standard IT support resulting in wasted time, stalled progression and development
    - Silo culture between departments and business units
    - Practice people retrogression instead of people development. Disempowerment over empowerment. Career development that is performance based is non-existent.
    - The items listed above do not make this company sustainable in the long run. The company will likely be sold off again and significant downsizing will occur. Of course, only the upper crust will benefit from any aquisition.

Advice to Management

It isn't too late to turn things around. Make an honest commitment towards improving the organization and you will not only earn the respect of your peers, those under you, and the local healthcare business community but you will have a positive impact on the very members you serve. It's up to you.

"sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good place to work and friendly enviroment

Cons

management needs work and honesty with all employees

Advice to Management

be honest with sales reps

"Member relations rep"

Former Employee - MMR
    Former Employee - MMR

I worked at Matrix Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Supervisors one in particular is an HR nightmare.

"Nurse practitioner"

I worked at Matrix Medical full-time

Pros

There are none so I will use this space for the cons. Do not take this job! This company is horrible to work for. Terrible routes and average pay when you subtract all the things you pay for. Health insurance is terrible. From the time I arrived in Arizona I have been lied to and continue to be lied to. And now the liars are on a witch hunt for people who try to make their work day workable because of their "numbers". Top heavy with too many people justifying their jobs with paperwork aka audits. You are told how chart and feel bad for the "members" who are harassed into a visit.

Cons

There are not any problems as long as you are a bobble-head that says yes to everything. Your concerns are never addressed because all that matters are the numbers. I am glad to see from the other reviews that the company is consistent with their lies from mid management down. Their words about caring about NPs are only that, words! They use the fact that you cannot talk to other NPs to divide and conquer.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who can live up to it's promises.
    Don't make a profit by lying about pay structure and bonuses only to easily justify not paying out.
    Stop promising insurance company things you cannot deliver on because you want a contract.
    And most of all from an NP that cares about patients, stop lying to your members aka patients.
    "Take care of your employees and they'll take care of your customers!"

"Non-Clinical Leaders in a Healthcare Organization"

Current Employee - Healthcare
    Current Employee - Healthcare

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The "members" (the word "patient" is forbidden at Matrix) appreciate our visits. Truly we brighten their days.

Cons

Leadership is clueless as to how to communicate with highly trained healthcare professionals. Operations executives supposedly received coaching on how to effectively communicate with healthcare providers. It didn't work. the obsession with numbers and productivity is disheartening.

Advice to Management

Never use the word " numbers" again. It's becoming the company joke , the "numbers". It alienates your employees. We want to respect you and follow your lead, and when you never refer to anything clinical, you do yourself no favors.

"Member Relations"

Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Member Relationship Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Matrix Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not a difficult commute for most employees...off of the 101

Cons

Matrix has become a joke! They HARASS members by calling them repeatedly. Members will decline a visit and then MRs are supposed to call and make an appt. This makes the members so angry that I don't blame them. They tell us "two 'no's' and a go", but they don't follow that rule when they are constantly harassing the members with visit. Also, management tells us to work to bonus on number of visits we make, but then they penalize us for cancellations. The pay is terrible and they are constantly 'whipping ' us about being on the phone. People feel guilty taking any time off. It is NOT a family centered company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees a LOT better. Quit asking MRs to perform for higher visit totals and then take bonuses away. It has become a sweat shop company to work for and the people we call hate us. Thanks a lot management!