Mattress Warehouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
John Ahern

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!"

I worked at Mattress Warehouse full-time

Pros

Positive work environment and great benefits

Cons

A lot of micromanagement

2. "Better than all their competitors"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job for motivated individuals. Great pay structure for sales assosicates . Professional but relatively laid back sales environment. Carry all the top name brand products. Family owned company.

Cons

Business meetings are not paid, frequient and scheduled on days off or before work time. Long hours 10am-9pm. Can be difficult to maintain good work and life balance .

Advice to Management

Better compensate employees to attend mandatory company sales meetings /district meetings several times a year. Traveling expenses combined with lost family time can really make a normal work life balance difficult .

3. "Great Company"

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time

Pros

Training is great and ongoing. Management cares.

Cons

Sometimes only one person is in the store. Some locations have no stock person.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. But add stock people. It's hard to be fresh to wait on guests when you get hot and sweaty loading or unloading.

4. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well paid. Management cares about my success. Easy job. Excellent company to work for.

Cons

Retail hours.. Long weekends. Long meetings. Those are the only downside to the job.

5. "A company who pretends to focus on you"

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time

Pros

Great way to make easy money
    Training
    Co Workers
    Lots of downtime if you want to study for school and do anything else really

Cons

Can be too much downtime
    Upper management really doesn't care about you unless you are a top performer
    long hours
    YOU don't matter to them

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees. You can probably gain a ton of insight just by listening to your people.

6. "Corporate Office/Warehouse"

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let you work at your own pace and hours.

Cons

People are not very personable.

Advice to Management

Give your new employees a tour, and introduce them to current staff/management. Help them to feel welcome!

"Where Sleep Happens"

I worked at Mattress Warehouse full-time

Pros

Mellow, easy pace in the administrative offices

Cons

Horrible benefits. low pay, very frugal

Advice to Management

Pay more and reduce employee turnover

Mar 8, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience. At Mattress Warehouse we value employee feedback as an opportunity to improve our culture and processes. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

8. "Mattress margins and ruthless sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ranson, WV
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Ranson, WV

I have been working at Mattress Warehouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees! Everyone try's to help one another. Good commission dollars if you work at a good location.

Cons

It's retail. Long hours, some sales people work 7 or 8 days straight. Leads to fatigue and miscommunication and errors. Affects your punctuality and your motivation. CRM systems are extremely poor. Metrics aren't explained rationally or with any guidance to improve. Training amounts to brow beating in a store environment. Your all alone for many hours with few opportunities to leave the store.

Advice to Management

Improve your scheduling of employees. Improve your Customer Relation Systems(point of sales systems). Improve your communication amongst District Managers and Regional Managers. Improve your transparency and your business ethics and integrity. If you don't really want to hire people. Don't do it. You can get by with the team that you have.

Mar 21, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

9. "Exciting and rewarding with fantastic support, incentives and benefits. Genuinely cares about employees."

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Mattress Warehouse full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging and professional work environment. Great mentors and opportunities for earning top dollar in the industry. Family owned company that treats it's employees as important parts of the team.

Cons

Requires long hours and a serious commitment to investing in yourself. Most definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Focus on insuring employees receive consistent matching messages from leaders.

Jan 31, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager

Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on making sure our customers, and our employees, are taken care of and happy. As a family owned business, we understand the needs of our employees... More

"store manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in New Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Mattress Warehouse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a job, clear $7.25 a hour, week days off

Cons

$10.80 a hour as manager work by yourself 930 am till 9pm 5 days a week, work every holiday 12 hours , must take garbage home with you, wash windows yourself, bad mold in stores dis manager did not fix ever, 3 non paid holidays, jury duty not paid, drove 4.5 hours to training each way , no payment for that. commistion starts at zero so if you make 600 dollars you break even, you can have 900 one week 300 the next and break even. But it so slow you will only make 10.80 a hour minus medical so look at clearing $400 a week for 55 hours, It is great for someone who does not want a life, work 11.5 hours a day and add in driving to the store. What is a manager if its only you sitting in a store by yourself for 11.5 hours a day, so i wish them a nice long cold winter, unless the mold gets them first

Advice to Management

keep taking money away from workers, and enjoy thanksgiving with your money as you cant even pay for one holiday day off for the workers who put all that money in your pockets

Mar 28, 2017 – Digital Marketing Manager