Matura Farrington Staffing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Gary Matura

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recruiter"

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time

Pros

wonderful place to work. Great management with flexible hours. The owners are great people who genuinely care about their employees

Cons

need to update applicant tracking system.

2. "MatFar!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Gary Matura and Karen Farrington (the owners) are great! They share information with employees, listen to their ideas (or better yet, actively seek out and act upon their ideas) and assume they are responsible enough to manage their own time. Overall, they have built a company on loyalty and commitment.
    Adrienne was my mentor/manager/director. She is a recruiting guru. If you are want to learn from the best, here you have it. She built an accounting and finance team that has top tier clients.

You can't beat the people at MatFar!

Cons

None really. I was personally just ready to go in-house.

Keep up the great work!

Advice to Management

The new office and location is a HUGE upgrade!

3. "Recruiter"

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have an entreprenuerial spirit this is the place for you! Owners are approachable and eager to grow the business. They ensure you have the tools for success and they have created a fun, yet professional working environment. Everyone is committed to highest standards from a client service standpoint. Firm has nice mix of seasoned recruiters and young professionals new to the business. The earning potential is high if you are willing to put in the work.

Cons

Internal applicant database is outdated though they invest in top 3rd party sourcing tools
    Occasional internal bickering mostly due to lack of controls pertaining to candidate ownership
    Management has overlooked value in offering 401k to employees

Advice to Management

Offer 401k
    Upgrade applicant database
    Open San Francisco

4. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent Company to temp with and will work hard to find you a position. Gary and Gloria are great.

Cons

I have no cons about Matura.

Advice to Management

none

5. "It's a job."

Pros

Flexibility for work/life balance. Good location, decent pay compared to other recruiting firms.

Cons

Small company with no growth. No 401K, limited dental coverage. Bringing up issues that need to be resolved with management is dealt with "throwing you under the bus." Grin and bear it culture in the office.

6. "clerk"

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time

Pros

kept me working when i didn't have job.

Cons

want to pay low wages.

7. "Ethical Recruiting Firm"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The two owners are genuine people who care about their employees, clients and candidates. They give their employees every competitive advantage that they can realistically afford. Minimal micromanagement empowers their recruiters to run their own desks without the unrealistic quotas demanded by other agencies that drives down customer service and quality. Owner's generously hire recent college graduates. Training them into junior recruiters and paying competitive salaries. The junior recruiters gain valuable business skills and assist the tenured recruiters in filling their demanding orders helping both clients and candidates. Owners also provide excellent work - life balance, a rarity in the staffing industry. Competitive base salary and commission.

Cons

Outdated applicant tracking system
    Limited internal growth
    Benefits are decent. Would be better if the organization offerred a 401k or other retirement plan

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking and open an office in San Francisco!

"One of the best places I have ever worked."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Matura Farrington Staffing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had the unique experience of starting at Matura as a recruiter and then ended up as one of their clients after I left. I think that speaks for itself as my experience was so good with them that I continued my relationship with them when I went on to work at my next employer. Gary Matura is terrific and was a great mentor. He was always open to questions and was extremely approachable. The office is very collegial and I was able to make life long friends there. I have nothing but positive things to say about the company and would highly recommend them to prospective employees.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I personally was just ready for a change and wanted to go in-house but if that wasn't the case, I would have stayed for many more years.

9. "Excellent company, wonderful management/owners"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Matura Farrington Staffing Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Gary Matura and Karen Farrington, the owners of the company are great. They have an open door policy and it always seems like most employees feel quite comfortable coming to them with any concerns or needs. The company is highly ethical and has a good work-life balance. A great place to start a career, or continue on an already successful path. They currently have a really nice group of employees, really great people to have as co-workers.

Cons

None really. I have worked for the company for almost 10 years, and they have been great to me.

"I cannot recommend a better run recruiting company than Matura Farrington."

Pros

Gary and Karen, the owners, are excellent managers. They have first hand experience in recruiting for years, and they know how to lead and train a staff for success. They have fair expectations and are well versed in conflict management. Not only are they strong leaders, but they are two of the nicest people I've met. Leaving this company (to pursue other industries) was probably one of the hardest decisions I've ever made in my life.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Matura Farrington.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!