Maui Jim Event Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 4 Aug 2019

3.4
Maui Jim CEO Walter Hester
Walter Hester

"Maui Jim Sunglasses: Color, Clarity, Detail"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Maui Jim full-time for more than a year

Pros

As a company, Maui Jim does a fantastic job of supporting their employees and allowing them to grow within their positions and into new positions. I completed two sales and marketing internships after my sophomore and junior years of college. They allowed me to continue working a few hours a week from school as well, which really helped me enhance my organizational skills. The atmosphere is cohesive to the growth... and support of our product and the lifestyle that it is marketed to advocate.

Cons

As my job is 90% travel, that lifestyle can be stressful at times. However, managing a hectic schedule is something that I feel I can do because of my experience within the company. While it can be intense, it is also my favorite aspect of my position.

Advice to Management

Please continue to support your employees, recognize their successes, and provide constructive criticism.

Maui Jim2017-07-05
  2. "Great Way to Travel"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Maui Jim full-time for less than a year

Pros

This job offers a great way to travel around the US. You're 100% travel and expected to work 100% of your time. You also receive an awesome discount at Maui Jim and all the perks Maui Jim has to offer

Cons

Not compensated fairly with days off when you're home as you mainly travel during the weekends. Management does not seem to trust employees. You will have absolutely NO work life balance

Maui Jim2019-08-04

"Keep the Aloha"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Maui Jim full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual Work Wear Fun Company Parties Onsite Gym Good Benefits

Cons

Terrible Management Highly Political Demotivating Limited Success and Earning Potential Forced Company Mantra

Advice to Management

Throwing fun company parties, having a casual work attire, and letting employees drink a beer at their desk is only throwing money at problems. These benefits are a quick shot of addrenaline for employees, but after the party is over, they return to the same problems with their jobs they have been expressing for years. Focus on solving those problems, don't just sweep them under the rug. Millennials in particular... can see past these band-aids. Maui Jim is loosing its reputation as a good employer.

Maui Jim2019-06-13
  4. "Awesome Place To Work"

Former Intern - Corporate Gifts Event Specialist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Maui Jim for less than a year

Pros

Great company environment Takes care of employees Amazing product Travel

Cons

Travel can be exhausting Sometimes alone

Maui Jim2017-01-11