Mauj Mobile Reviews | Glassdoor

Mauj Mobile Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2019

Found 24 reviews

3.2
Mauj Mobile CEO Badri Sanjeevi (no image)
Badri Sanjeevi
  1. "Good"

I have been working at Mauj Mobile full-time

Pros

1. Lot of technical things to explore. 2. Managers are good and supportive. 3. Very less politics 4. Good working environment

Cons

1. Infrastructure should be improved 2. Office building is too old.

Advice to Management

1. Should retain the people 2. Should not do layoffs more often

Mauj Mobile2017-11-14

June 25, 2018CEO

Thanks for the detailed feedback and we will work on the points that you have highlighted. Pls do use the monthly townhalls that we conduct to give your feedback to Badri and senior management team. Hope your learning curve is as steep as we promise all our people at Mauj.

2. "Good company to work"

I have been working at Mauj Mobile full-time

Pros

Supporting staff to help juniours

Cons

Not to say anything bad

Mauj Mobile2017-09-14

June 25, 2018CEO

Thanks for the feedback and would love to hear why we are not a 5* already. Given you are an current colleague of ours, pls could you highlight specific points in the next townhall that we conduct. Thanks.

"Nothing Mauj About It"

I have been working at Mauj Mobile full-time

Pros

Time to time job Lots of food Team Leaders are co-operative

Cons

Be ready to do donkey work No future planning No head and toe to any decision No implementation of said things even at work front

Advice to Management

Fire people at the top level who are not contributing to the business rather than firing people at the lower and middle level.

Mauj Mobile2017-05-26

June 25, 2018CEO

Hi - thanks for your feedback. We certainly can do better in communicating better at how we plan the business looking at your feedback. If we are not fully involving some members of our team in building our AOP, then we need to do a better job. As you know, having worked with us, we love building solid products and are a highly analytical company. Our investments in tech, platforms, analytics, product dev are solid as you have seen our colleagues work hard on building them. You have no doubt been part of team that has taken us to over 20 markets globally, build award winning AppyStore product or the GamesBond product that is now powering gaming subscriptions for our global telecom and handset partners. Hope your learning on the role outstripped the deficiencies you have seen in the company. We would really like to hear a more detailed feedback and if possible do drop in a line at talent@mauj.com and we will take on board your suggestions. As you would have seen the senior management does a monthly townhall with all the employees and encourages all of us to give suggestions straight to CEO and management - anonymous or otherwise - through a simple suggestion box system. You are also aware by being with us that Badri opens each and every question, monthly and answers the questions directly - no matter how tough the questions are. You are also aware that the top 20-30 employees have weekly training through our Wednesday Huddles that discusses not just current trends that affect our business, but ongoing training in all things, tech, design, product development, market development insights. This has been a People Group tradition for last 10 years. If you have gone through the hoops of Mauj hiring (you know how choosy we are), you are among the best in what you do. And if you would like to come back, address some of the challenges you faced last time, just drop in a line at talent@mauj.com. We are hiring for a small number of positions and would love to chat.

"suffocating company - hell on earth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I worked at Mauj Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provides beginner level exposure to mobile media industry for those who are interested in making a career in this field.

Cons

horrible management, unorganized processes, baised towards old employees because of which new joinees don't survive for more than a year, new employees being bullied by old employees if they don't bow down to them, very poor infrastructure, all departments are bad but the worst ones are HR, sales, operations and finance. The positive reviews posted on glassdoor are to trap employees who can join mauj as replacements... for those who have left because of torturing experience.

Advice to Management

There is no scope of improvement so no point of giving advice.

Mauj Mobile2017-01-11

June 25, 2018CEO

Hi - thanks for your feedback. We certainly can do better in communicating better at how we plan the business looking at your feedback. . As you know, having worked with us, we love building solid products and are a highly analytical company. Our investments in tech, platforms, analytics, product dev are solid as you have seen our colleagues work hard on building them. You have no doubt been part of team that has taken us to over 20 markets globally, build award winning AppyStore product or the GamesBond product that is now powering gaming subscriptions for our global telecom and handset partners. Hope your learning on the role outstripped the deficiencies you have seen in the company. We would really like to hear a more detailed feedback and if possible do drop in a line at talent@mauj.com and we will take on board your suggestions. As you would have seen the senior management does a monthly townhall with all the employees and encourages all of us to give suggestions straight to CEO and management - anonymous or otherwise - through a simple suggestion box system. You are also aware by being with us that Badri opens each and every question, monthly and answers the questions directly - no matter how tough the questions are. You are also aware that the top 20-30 employees have weekly training through our Wednesday Huddles that discusses not just current trends that affect our business, but ongoing training in all things, tech, design, product development, market development insights. This has been a People Group tradition for last 10 years. If you have gone through the hoops of Mauj hiring (you know how choosy we are), you are among the best in what you do. And if you would like to come back, address some of the challenges you faced last time, just drop in a line at talent@mauj.com. We are hiring for a small number of positions and would love to chat.

5. "Sr Manager Licensing"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Mauj Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good and healthy environment. Excellent team

Cons

Could be bit more people centric

Advice to Management

NA

Mauj Mobile2016-08-16

June 25, 2018CEO

Thanks for your review and all the best !

6. "Good place to work"

Tech in Mumbai

I have been working at Mauj Mobile

Pros

Current employee of mauj mobile. Lots to learn at mauj in mobile.

Cons

Old office premises- company should shift to new office

Mauj Mobile2016-06-14

June 25, 2018CEO

Thanks for your review and all the best !

"Toxic and Hell environment"

in Worli

I worked at Mauj Mobile

Pros

1- Employees don't get values their works. 2- Only old employees are get promotion. 3- Only awkward and foolish people can join in this company after seeing this review 4- Old infrastructure.

Cons

1- Management is total sucks. 2- If give suggestion they don't care about. 3- your explanations are considered as complaints. 4- If you are not skills-full then go to work with this HELL company. 5- Even CEO drop e-mail to all employees for bathroom tissue pepper how to utilize.

Advice to Management

1- Management does not listen to anybody, they lives in their illusions. 2- Giving advice to management is like "Crying in wilderness"

Mauj Mobile2016-06-12

"Worst place to work"

in Worli

I worked at Mauj Mobile

Pros

the only good thing about this company is that they hire freshers and less experienced people and provide good learning opportunities for those interested in mobile media. The good reviews posted here are by HR itself.

Cons

-Employees are treated like donkeys -Highly partial towards old employees (awards and promotions are given to old employees) thatz why new joinees have shorter tenures compared to old employees -5 working days just on paper. They work 6 days a week. -Free food and parties used as retention tools (reward employees for their work instead) -Poor infrastructure

Advice to Management

You seriously need to improve. Just look at the number of resignations you are getting and valuable resources you have lost try to find out the actual reasons behind it. Review exit interview forms carefully for each and every employee who has resigned.

Mauj Mobile2016-06-09
  9. "Great Learning Area"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mumbai

I have been working at Mauj Mobile full-time for more than a year

Pros

- You will get hands-on experience over various work areas - Most Managers & Leads are friendly and will listen to you and share their thoughts - Challenge yourself and get opportunity to think out-of-box and be creative in building business

Cons

- Inter-department communications is bad sometimes - Work alignment gets screwed up because of load on dependent department

Advice to Management

Work approach on various problematic areas need to be streamlined besides random pick and fluctuating environment

Mauj Mobile2016-03-15

"Great place to work and friendly work environment"

I worked at Mauj Mobile full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good management, especially the CEO - Various opportunities for employees - Fun with work - Open door policy. - some of the managers are very helpful and they will make you learn new things wich will be helpful when you are in market.

Cons

- need to change the infrastructure / Building. - Consider talent and should give opportunities

Mauj Mobile2015-08-25