KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Maurices Sales Associate - Stylist Reviews

Updated Oct 19, 2021

Found 97 of over 1,417 reviews

3.8
Maurices President George Goldfarb (no image)
George Goldfarb

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Maurices and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Aug 23, 2021 - Sales Associate - Stylist in Hannibal, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff and management are so friendly and accommodating. It’s a great work environment.

Cons

It’s retail so it can be challenging sometimes

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's okay

Oct 19, 2021 - Stylist/Sales Associate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing co-workers. - Positive/encouraging environment. - Good training. - Flexible.

Cons

- Very stingy about pay. They told one of the girls becoming a SHIFT MANAGER the most they could pay her was 11.30. - Not a lot of hours. - Pressure to buy/wear Maurice's clothes to work and to wear "layers". You're expected to have your outfit, an over-piece like a jacket or cardigan, and jewelry. - My manager told us a few days ago this October that we have to wear sweaters, pants, boots, etc. for fall and that if we come in wearing sandals, tank tops, etc. we will be forced to buy something to wear or go home and change, even though the weather has still been 70s-80s F. - You will have to PUSH credit cards. They expect you to ask every customer and it's procedure to ask every time you ring someone out.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a bad place to work, but you have to be a pushy seller.

Oct 8, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are very flexible with hours, I worked with nice people. The company does appreciate the hard workers and you get free gifts.

Cons

The one thing that I wasn't a big fan is that they want you to be pushy with the customers, and ask them so many questions. I'm that shopper that wants to shop on my own and I'll ask when I need it. And most of our customers don't want us to bother them. On your feet a lot Not enough pay. Also they would schedule me a 2 hour and a half shift and its a 45 min drive each way. I wasted more time driving than making any money.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stylist Position Review

Aug 9, 2021 - Sales Associate - Stylist in Clayton, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere is wonderful, the other employees are super friendly and supportive, and the customers are great! I found the training period to be very informative and helpful when I was hired, there is also a website that is easily accessible if you need further clarification about anything; i.e. sales tactics, operations, etc. Overall, I love the experience I have had here thus far and look forward to growing with the company.

Cons

With everything there are always some downfalls. Personally, I think the pay could be increased, as I don't find the wages to be very high; especially if this is your only source of income. With this location specifically, the days can go by slow since the flow of customers vary throughout the day.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Sep 30, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty good most of the time

Cons

Manager is a little all over the place

6. 4.0

Aug 16, 2021 - Stylist in Johnson Creek, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment, flexible hours, great 40% off discount, good management

Cons

Hardcore selling, not paid enough for what you do in the role. Credit cards are pushed way too much and highly expected for stylists to open cards with customers, this ties back to not paid enough for the role. Compared to Target, it would be easier to work there rather than Maurices, while also making more.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Part Time Job

Aug 18, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, 40% of discount (20% on clearance), good for team building (depending on your team), easy if you understand the product

Cons

If you don't have a good amount of product knowledge you won't do well, the quality team depends on the manager

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Mixed Feelings

Aug 24, 2021 - Stylist in Milwaukee, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family attitude with the other employees. Strong work ethics are required and that helps with recruiting the proper girls to work there.

Cons

You don’t get paid very much for all that you do for people. If you are ever promoted to a key holder, you do not get a raise for doing more work than your comrades.

9. 3.0

Sep 25, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Discount on clothes -Fast paced environment

Cons

-Had bad managers -Pay wasn’t good

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stylist, Helping others

Aug 1, 2021 - Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a great experience for me working with people and how to sell, and make the customers happy

Cons

They were no cons at this company i enjoyed it alot

Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Reviews