Find jobs for Sales Associate

Maurices Sales Associate Reviews

Updated Oct 19, 2021

Found 272 of over 1,417 reviews

4.2
Maurices President George Goldfarb (no image)
George Goldfarb

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Maurices and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!!

Oct 18, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, encouraging environment, realistic goal setting, positive customer interactions, body positivity, wonderful management.

Cons

Can be difficult to make sale goals,

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's okay

Oct 19, 2021 - Stylist/Sales Associate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing co-workers. - Positive/encouraging environment. - Good training. - Flexible.

Cons

- Very stingy about pay. They told one of the girls becoming a SHIFT MANAGER the most they could pay her was 11.30. - Not a lot of hours. - Pressure to buy/wear Maurice's clothes to work and to wear "layers". You're expected to have your outfit, an over-piece like a jacket or cardigan, and jewelry. - My manager told us a few days ago this October that we have to wear sweaters, pants, boots, etc. for fall and that if we come in wearing sandals, tank tops, etc. we will be forced to buy something to wear or go home and change, even though the weather has still been 70s-80s F. - You will have to PUSH credit cards. They expect you to ask every customer and it's procedure to ask every time you ring someone out.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

would never work there again

Oct 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Spearfish, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

discount was pretty great for sure

Cons

Having to sell credit cards to people I felt pretty gross about that and you are guilted into doing it

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

A great job for young people in school

May 9, 2021 - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing discount on really great, quality clothes - 40% off regular priced items, extra 20% off of sale items. It's one of the main reasons why I stayed as long as I did. Maurices hires pretty nice people generally, so I personally never had a problem with any of my coworkers. The general clientele at Maurices is also overall pleasant, and we consistently saw repeat shoppers. Worked well with my school schedule while I was in college. I wasn't looking for a ton of hours initially. I ended up getting anywhere 8-12 starting out, and after I'd been there a while I averaged 10-20 a week.

Cons

Terrible pay across the board - even managers weren't making what they should've. If you aren't the store leader or the first assistant, you probably won't make enough, as many people that I worked with had a second job on top of this one. There's also not much room for growth within the store or the company. I recommend it for people in school who don't necessarily need the money and who aren't looking for anything longterm. I think they go a little too far with their customer service. Maurices lives by "the customer is always right", so even when they were absolutely in the wrong, we had to take whatever they wanted to throw at us. A lot of times I felt like a doormat for people, and I realized you really have to be okay with sucking up to people. COVID brought out the worst in people; I dealt with more rude people in the year that I worked during COVID than my two previous years combined.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stylist Position Review

Aug 9, 2021 - Sales Associate - Stylist in Clayton, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere is wonderful, the other employees are super friendly and supportive, and the customers are great! I found the training period to be very informative and helpful when I was hired, there is also a website that is easily accessible if you need further clarification about anything; i.e. sales tactics, operations, etc. Overall, I love the experience I have had here thus far and look forward to growing with the company.

Cons

With everything there are always some downfalls. Personally, I think the pay could be increased, as I don't find the wages to be very high; especially if this is your only source of income. With this location specifically, the days can go by slow since the flow of customers vary throughout the day.

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Working at Maurices is an enjoyable experience!

Sep 20, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate in Redding, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

All my coworkers and managers are super nice and helpful, and it's just the right amount of work. It's a great first job!

Cons

I don't really have any cons.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in Moberly, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kind manager and no store drama.

Cons

Organization is not great, part time, high expectations.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Sep 16, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teams, pay and discounts!

Cons

Long hours during holiday seasons

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

good enviroment

Sep 12, 2021 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, Clean environment

Cons

Not much room for advancement

10. 5.0

Good place

Aug 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Richmond, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice staff and management, fun work environment, clothing discount and extra incentives for doing a good job, can be flexible with your schedule

Cons

You are on your feet a lot, customers can be rude, minimum wage for lots of work, lots of restocking and folding

Continue reading