KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Maurices

Engaged Employer

Maurices

Add a Review

Maurices Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 25, 2022

Found 313 of over 1,594 reviews

3.8
Maurices President and CEO George Goldfarb and David Kornberg (no image)
George Goldfarb and David Kornberg

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Maurices and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Associate

Jul 13, 2017 - Sales Associate in New Phila, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture was great and the overall organization, Maurices, seemed to care about its individual stores. Pay was like 9.50 which is good for someone in high school/college with zero sales experience.

Cons

The internal drama of certain stores was childish and made it harder to enjoy being there.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Growth with no work life balance

May 24, 2021 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great positive environment with lots of room for growth with a great training program

Cons

Full time offers little to no work life balance and doesn’t compensate pay enough for missed time at home. As a store manager I was on call pretty much 24/7 and was always expected to be at work even when my child was sick and I had no one to take care of him.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company for first job

Dec 18, 2020 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're getting your first job I think this is a great place to start. I learned a lot about customer communication and sales.

Cons

Pay wasn't great as a regular sales associate but it increases significantly with managerial posistions

4. 5.0

LOVE my job!

Nov 11, 2014 - Sales Associate in Crystal City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to know "liv" (customers), fun work environment, flexible work schedule, working for a company that genuinely cares about associates and liv, the discount (of course), and I love working in an environment where I can actually spend time with liv and get to "shop with a friend"!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about my job, I absolutely love it! The starting pay is great and the fashion advice from associates and fashion magazines provided by the company is great!

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

I used to love working here. Now I dread going to work.

Apr 29, 2010 - First Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-customers -as long as your not just a part time sales rep the pay is good. -discount is pretty nice.

Cons

-snobby manager -catty coworkers -negative atmosphere after new manager came on board -can not express dissatisfaction for inability to connect with all workers without being reprimanded

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

Jul 25, 2015 - Sales Associate in Amsterdam, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company really shows how much they care. Great discount!!

Cons

Company doesn't pay as much as they should but other than that... Great!

7. 4.0

Sales Associate

May 12, 2015 - Retail Sales Associate in Albertville, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

the customers and most employees are fun people to work for and there are a great incentives

Cons

the pay is low for how much you have to buy in clothing and I am unable to switch shifts often

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

assistant manager

Jun 29, 2015 - Assistant Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

loved it its a great company to grow with and become something else in the company. Also the fashion is amazing

Cons

pay is not that great and sometimes dont get enough instruction on what exactly your supposed to do

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Love at first and full heart break at the end

Mar 25, 2019 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-benefits -discount at 7 other companies - Co workers and multiple connections over the US -Lots of training materials to ensure you know policies and procedures. -incentives -bonus structure

Cons

-Learning all the materials but no growth opportunities -growth model severely outdated and expectation is to follow these and make the changes. -lack of support from district leaders and up -lengthy tenure of upper management develops into personal relationship versus being objective to all situations. -the practice of the promoted work life balance is consistent from leader to leader. -lack of communication from corporate to stores or delayed communication resulting in extra work. - Limiting pay to those who deserve extra and raise increases have been limited for over 4 years.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

Part-Time Assistant Manager

Oct 21, 2014 - Part Time Assistant Manager in Edinburgh, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a college student, I appreciate that maurices (and the store manager) allows the flexibility to schedule time off when needed. The pay is great for retail (at least it is for my location). Also, I've met some really great people.

Cons

You absolutely do NOT get paid for all the work you do. With how the sales work, you'd think you were working in commission, but you're not. Customers pick up on it too, which may put them in an uncomfortable situation as well. And the drama these "numbers" create between the staff is absolutely ridiculous. The new store manager is probably the best thing to happen to this company for quite some time. Before she came, the store was falling to pieces. Also, if you want an advancement, make sure you are persistent. I tried getting a full time position, and wasn't even given a chance before the hired someone else. I feel like favorites are played quite often in this business. If they don't like you, they'll do/come up with just about anything to get you out of there. The company seems money hungry. The upper management needs some serious work. And the company in general needs to catch up with the rest of them. Honestly, this is probably the worst company I've ever worked for.

2 people found this review helpful