Maven Wave Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Brian Farrar, Jason Lee, Jeff Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Plus, this is a young and growing company without a whole lot of HR and other infrastructure (in 3 reviews)

• Internal processes could be stronger (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great culture, interesting projects, strong leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Principal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

~ Great Culture - employees are empowered to get their work done
    ~ Very interesting projects - Working with companies to change their business model through cloud, machine learning, and data science
    ~ Strong leadership team
    ~ Strong co-workers

Cons

None at this point

Advice to Management

Don't reduce hiring standards as we grow

"Keep it up!"

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The work-life balance
    -They look for critical thinkers and entrepreneurial spirits
    -People are genuinely nice here and the upper management tries being as honest as possible

Cons

-This is not the place for you if you can't adapt quickly to change
    -benefits aren't as competitive as other places.

3. "A Great Place to Be and to Grow you're Career."

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exactly what I was looking for in a career. People are great, benefits are good, and the work is interesting. Has a great in office culture where coming into the office and working together is emphasized. Work/Life balance is spot on. Office location is ideal for commuters. Overall great place to work.

Cons

Maven Wave has not had any downsides up to this point. I genuinely enjoy coming into work everyday.

4. "Highly Recommend"

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's easy to enjoy working somewhere when you have full trust in the folks at the top. The Partners are completely transparent, personable, and genuinely care about you. This sentiment carries itself all the way down the firm. When this is combined with some of the brightest minds in tech/consulting, the incredible growth they've experienced doesn't come as a surprise.

Cons

With any growing firm, sometimes your assignments have a lack of structure. You must be able to adapt to changes quickly and lead with little guidance.

5. "Senior Principal"

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ The people and culture above all else is Maven Wave's greatest strength; from the leadership down it is clear this is a team effort to create an energetic and personal work environment
    + Engaged and driven leadership with a proven track record of growing companies to compete and win in a competitive marketplace
    + Driven and talented employee base that pushes for excellence both in their client delivery roles as well as internally
    + Dynamic environment that enables employees to pursue client work directed at their passion

Cons

Maven Wave is not immune to impacts of a fast growing company and the need to continually invest in adjusting internal processes and communication channels to ensure they meet the organizational needs.

Advice to Management

Continue the growth and maintain the momentum without sacrificing the culture. Certainly a challenge when trying to achieve the rapid pace of growth for the Maven Wave team.

6. "Fantastic people and work environment"

Current Employee - Google Deployment Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Google Deployment Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Interview process was challenging but dare I say... fun?!
    - Great office location (a couple blocks from Union / Ogilvie station)
    - Very cool space to be in if you enjoy technology and all things Google
    - Impressive number of big name and high profile, client engagements
    - Colleagues that are on top of their game and happy to collaborate!
    - Wonderful office culture
    - Transparent leadership
    - Very opportunistic outlook for future growth

Cons

- None jump out currently but you could argue I am still in my honeymoon period.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency going! It is great to hear the positive outlook and consistent company ethos from all levels of management.

"Learn fast and get experience outside of your comfort zone!"

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Maven Wave is a fast paced environment filled with enthusiastic and high energy people. Since we are a small to midsize firm, there are a lot of opportunities to gain experience in areas that you may not normally see at larger consulting firms.

The culture here is tight knit. Everyone has a unique and inviting personality which makes for a great time when we get to relax and have fun.

Cons

Since it is a smaller firm, there isn't any formal training programs. Like any job, you are expected to take initiative on projects or improving your skills in certain areas. Sometimes that can feel overwhelming, but it's what you have to do to keep up in fast paced environments.

8. "Interesting Technology and Smart People to Work With"

I have been working at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- On the front end of new technology
    - Smart people to work with and learn from
    - Fun culture, great company events
    - Outlook for the future of the company is very strong

Cons

- Not alot of structured development, have to have mind-set of a self starter

"Great People"

I worked at Maven Wave Partners full-time

Pros

Maven Wave has great people who are motivated and intelligent. The focus on digital transformation and cloud technology is good and hopes to be a smart strategic bet.

Cons

Some staff aug hires don't fit the consulting culture. Although the focus is on cloud technologies, there are many projects that do not use cloud technologies.

Advice to Management

They should keep investing in Google. Their Google Apps business is strong. If they can replicate the success with Google Cloud then they will be very successful.

"Responding to some of the other reviews"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Maven Wave Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a former employee I wanted to respond to some of the negative reviews because they don't reflect my experience with maven wave.

First I've seen a couple reviews describing the work as "mainly staff augmentation" this simply was not my experience either with my own assignments or with the assignments I saw many of the other employees on. All of my assignments were very project specific. Frankly if they were going for a staff Aug assignment their rates would have not been competitive.

Another one described the work as not customer facing. This is also not true in my experience. The vast majority of maven wave employees are on site at the customer a significant amount of the time.

Cons

Not exactly a negative as much as a warning. If you are committed to your career being within a specific discipline or job type - say you are a developer or a project manager or a BA and that's all that you really want to do - even if you are really good maven wave is probably not where you are going to be successful. The firm values flexibility. It has to. That's how a relatively small firm plays with the big kids on the block. If they can sell you for 10 jobs you will be more successful than if they can sell you for one.

Advice to Management

Learn from your growing pains. Do the right things early in a big project. Listen to the boots on the ground more in terms of the state of the project.