Maven Wave Partners Reviews

Updated May 2, 2021

4.6
Maven Wave Partners Partner and Founder Brian Farrar, Jason Lee, Jeff Lee (no image)
Brian Farrar, Jason Lee, Jeff Lee
Pros
  • "Fast paced culture with a much better work-life balance than a traditional consulting firm(in 7 reviews)

• "Great Culture - employees are empowered to get their work done(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Internal processes are often constantly changing as the company expands(in 4 reviews)

• "Not alot of structured development, have to have mind-set of a self starter(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Rapidly growing organization with smart people and a great team culture

Jul 26, 2020 - Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative environment, transparent management, room for growth. Plenty of growth and opportunities despite COVID-19

Cons

No cons to show so far

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Company to Work For!

May 2, 2021 - Order Management Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great work environment, and excellent management!

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Endless opportunities

Apr 16, 2021 - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Maven Wave provides opportunities for growth, learning and development, promotions, and (arguably most importantly) great visibility to leadership. We are a close knit company where every win, no matter how small, is celebrated and hard work is recognized and rewarded. We are growing and taking on a multi-cloud approach, which brings new exciting challenges as we dive into the AWS and Azure markets, while still maintaining our award winning Google partnership. From a cultural perspective, we focus on hiring great people and keeping them happy. This means training and certifications, transparent communication, FUN events, work life balance, generous promotions, and overall passionate people working hard to create meaningful solutions.

Cons

benefits are pricey, but are overall comprehensive with coverage.

4. 2.0

Gender Gap Gender Bias

Apr 29, 2021 - Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The amount of cutting edge technology we learn and apply on a daily basis is truly amazing. The diversity of projects available to work on is exciting.

Cons

There’s like no women working here. And what’s worse is there’s all this online content of pics of just the HR & Recruiting department (100% women in support roles) claiming look how many women in tech r here oh we have such gender balance. U r diminishing the struggle of being a woman in tech and being the ONLY woman on a team/call. The only time I’ve ever worked with women they have been there in a support* role and frequently comment about how they don’t know any of that technical stuff. The men I work with r used to seeing either 100% men on the team or the woman in the room is only there to support them in simple tasks they don’t have time for like setting up meetings on our behalf. What does this do to a woman who ACTUALLY works in tech in this environment? Well it reinforces the idea that intelligence is a male trait and that I can be accused of being incompetent and lack technical abilities. I am consistently subject to double standards and I’m damn sick of it. I have worked with every different technical team at this company and have ALWAYS been the only woman in the room. Not only does the gender gap disgust me, the fact that u try to cover it up with these online posts about how great we’re doing in “gender balance” is diminishing the struggle that we few women in tech at this company have to deal with. Why do so many women leave tech careers? Hint:it’s not cuz we don’t enjoy the work. I love problem solving and group brainstorming but I can’t stand being shot down and having the man that shot down my idea reword my idea moments later and get so much praise for his brilliance.

Continue reading

Maven Wave Partners Response

Talent Acquisition

It is a fact that females are less likely to study STEM subjects as only 30% of all university STEM students are females. Only 2% of female university students study engineering; what does this mean? There are less women in the technology industry to hire. It does not fall upon deaf ears that we are lacking women across technology roles, however you’re diminishing the roles women have here at Maven Wave that you consider to be “support.” For example, a majority of our Change Management Team is female, almost half of our Management Consulting team is women, and while our Marketing, HR, and Talent teams are female-dominant, their value in our company’s success today is immeasurable. The women who work at Maven Wave, who are also females in a male-dominated industry, are absolute rockstars and are working together to join forces and bring in AMAZING female talent. While we appreciate you taking time to write this feedback, you could have been lifting up the women around you and supporting the effort for change.

5. 5.0

Fabulous Collaboration and People

Apr 22, 2021 - Change Management Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

collaborative environment with fun, talented people flexible working conditions fantastic growth opportunities

Cons

work life balance gets rough when nearing big project deadlines, but ultimately that is the name of the game in IT consulting

6. 5.0

Great Consulting Firm!

Apr 16, 2021 - Recruiting Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is great, supportive team members, opportunities for growth and promotion, the partnership with Google

Cons

don't really have any at the moment!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, great company!

Oct 29, 2020 - Sales Executive in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and people--I work with extremely smart people who are very driven, friendly, and always willing to help! Offering--Maven Wave has an extremely wide sweet spot of innovative solutions and capabilities for Google Workspaces and Google Cloud Platform. Very compelling use cases, satisfied customers, and extremely talented delivery team. Company--Great Management and Execs steering the ship. Atos integration presents many new opportunities for increased resources and business opportunities. Ability to attract, hire and retain top talent. Relationship with Google--being the #1 services partner for the last 3 years in a row has opened many doors at all levels with Google.

Cons

I have been with the company only a short while, but I have not experienced any cons thus far. Growing pains from rapid growth and continued integration with Atos are to be expected, but ultimately both are huge net benefits.

Continue reading
    8. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Feb 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot say enough about my positive experience with Maven Wave. From the team members to leadership understanding that life happens and being flexible, the countless opportunities for growth that are available for you here, to the incredibly intelligent and sharp people that you get to interact with on a daily basis (virtually, of course), I truly enjoy working here.

Cons

I do not have any cons so far.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow your career

Mar 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, Empowerment, Great Culture, Cutting Edge Cloud Work

Cons

Not a place if you're looking for micro-managed direction

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding Technology Company

Mar 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Fun people to work with.

Cons

Things have changed since Atos acquisition. Unsure where the company is headed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews