Mavenlink Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Mavenlink Founder, Chief Executive Officer Raymond Grainger
Raymond Grainger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The last thing I'll say is that work life balance at Mavenlink is real (in 5 reviews)

• Free lunch every day (Irvine location) & well stocked snack station (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing rapidly so there are growing pains but the experience you gain is totally worth it (in 11 reviews)

• Bad company culture, lots of commission restructuring, and a bad way of selling into new clients (in 3 reviews)

"Excellent work environment and great leaders."

Current Employee - Controller in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Controller in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All of the leaders have a great amount of experience in their field. Head of Finance really is inversted in all departments' success and has a continuous improvement philosophy. Company is expanding and is greatly customer and employee focused.

Cons

There are no negative information at this point. Very enjoyable atmosphere. A fantastic company who cares. And extremely team oriented.

Advice to Management

Continue the excellent communication and open minded approach. You have a lot of customers and employees who are greatly inversted in a top-notch product.

2. "Good Place Overall—Especially for Jr. Devs Wanting Rails Experience"

Pros

It's got a nice culture overall. Using fairly modern technology stack with Rails et al on server side, node/react/webpack et al on front end.

Cons

You need to enjoy pairing. Legacy code can be a PITA (to be fair, realistically, this will be a con at many other places too). That said, there is some good investment in reducing technical debt. More ethnic diversity (again, I believe they're working on this)

Advice to Management

Even more investment in technical debt reduction vs. feature development

"Operations"

Pros

Strong Managment Team and a good solution for SMB.

Cons

CEO Micro Manages entire company. The "Pros" of a strong management team is challenged because they are hamstrung to run their own organizations without the CEO sabotaging their progress. They will thrive as an SMB company but that is their ceiling.

"Best employee experience"

Current Employee - Administration in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Administration in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

Cutting edge mentality, great management and an outstanding Employee environment. We are growing at a crazy fast rate. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Great salaries

Cons

the long lines at the company sponsored lunch each day...

Advice to Management

Keep being the great company that you are and putting employees first!

"Company with a vision"

Former Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company’s values are clearly articulated and the CEO's vision is crystal clear. The company strongly believes in developing its employees internally by providing continuous training and job enhancement as well as personal growth. The management team is open and honest and everyone is treated fairly and equal.

Cons

This is a very competitive environment, only the strong survive.

"Fast Growing - Great Culture"

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really great product offering that aligns well with the market
    Punching above its weight in terms of what it offers employees
    Lots of options to progress quickly in your career
    People are fun and super-friendly
    Executives are approachable

Cons

Internal processes and systems struggling to keep pace with fast growth
    No 401k match

Advice to Management

Don't try to tackle too much at once. Focus on most important priorities rather than spread people thinly across a bunch of different assignments.

"High Turnover At All Levels"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy working around the clock, this is a right fit. You will be promised the world to join, hang tight, the dream only lasts a few months.

Lunch is catered daily, good snacks, gym on campus.

Cons

High turnover at every level, this includes entry level roles as well as executive level. The company is missing infrastructure. Expect no HR or CFO. Family members and significant others are welcome to work here too, even if it is a conflict of interest.

Advice to Management

Train your Managers and Directors. You have people leading large teams who have never managed people before. THAT is scary and main reason for the high turnover. The blind are leading the blind.

Apr 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. We’re sorry your experience at Mavenlink did not match our intentions. We will use your review to see if there are... More

"Account executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch. That is pretty much it. The compensation plan is set but the "figures" they are based on are up for management interpretation.

Cons

Managers that are trained in the job and not management. Nepotism and favoritism and all levels. Very fake company culture. If you don't play into the bro it up culture, you will be outcast or fired.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring friends & family. Don't promote friend, promote based on still set.

Apr 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our team has worked hard to find the right talent to match our company values and believe promoting from within is essential to building careers. We believe that hard... More

"Boston AE candidates proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic company HQ in Orange County doing fantastic things in the professional services SaaS space. Amazing culture, product and people at the top and in the trenches in CA.

Cons

Boston 'expansion' sales team lacks adequate, balanced and like-minded sales manager(s) like that in CA and is so prevalent across the ranks at HQ in Irvine, CA.

Advice to Management

Keep the glass half-full perspective and hire innovative, forward thinking Sales Managers during expansion efforts. Don't settle on mediocre individuals to be the face of the company when 2000+ miles from home. Culture, vision and trust is imperative to reputation and company value.

Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that culture, vision, and trust are important factors to our company’s growth. We’re sorry your experience at Mavenlink did not match our intentions. A top... More

"Fake people, bad management and software functionality is substandard"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and that's about it.

Cons

Management, culture, training, unrealistic goals and the fact you have to pretend you care about the employees and product, even if you disagree with mandates. You are judged for everything from not working an extra out of overtime to who you associate with after work. Favoritism and nepotism is strong in this company, and will effect how you do business, earn money and the role you play with the company.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring your friends and family. Be more professional, hire qualified people, stop the boiler room sales culture and mind your own business.

Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re sorry your experience at Mavenlink did not match our intention of being one of the best places to work. A top priority for our company is... More