Mavenlink Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Mavenlink Founder, Chief Executive Officer Raymond Grainger
Raymond Grainger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The last thing I'll say is that work life balance at Mavenlink is real" (in 7 reviews)

• "Oh and free lunch everyday doesn't hurt" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing Pains normally seen in a fast growing business" (in 14 reviews)

• "Boston is a satellite office and feels like a different company culture wise than HQ" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best Place To Work Indeed!"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

1. Great Working Environment - Everyone here is really helpful and friendly to work with. Even people that you don't directly work with are willing to share their knowledge if it helps you. And fun work events help to spice things up - WE NEED MORE OF THEM!
    2. Great Training - I have attended several training seminars that have really helped my communication skill both professionally and personally. This company is willing to invest in their employees.
    3. Best Product In The Market - When you know you've got the best product in the market, you can't help but be fired up to sell it.
    3. Catered Lunches & Fully Stocked Snack Bar - Can't go wrong with that. EVER.

Cons

1. Growth Pains - This company isn't without some growth pains. Compensation plan has changed a few times since I've been here as well as a few management changes. But we're working through it. I'm confident in our executives' abilities to adapt to these changes and lead the organization in more positive light.
    2. Clear Career Development - There has yet to be a more clear structure for career development in other departmental role other than sales.

Advice to Management

Perhaps, a mentorship program of some sort or career day to learn the details regarding other departmental roles and how to get there. It would be nice to have Mavenlink Networking Event for us to connect with other departments since we don't often get to cross-network.

"A stepping stone..."

Pros

1. The work is easy. People will try to tell you it’s challenging, it’s not. So you will have work-life balance and the learning curve is not difficult.

2. Free lunch (although people will still complain about it)

3. Recognizable name in the industry. It is a nice stepping stone to a place you actually want to grow your career.

4. Cool office space.

Cons

1. Drama. The place is rotting from the inside with unprofessional people who are constantly looking for drama. You will hear gossip, you will be the gossip.. a bunch of kids who love high school drama.

2. Leadership is lost. There is no direction for the individuals the team or the company

3. There is no professional development. Don’t expect to advance here

4. Benefits? What are those? You won’t find them here.

Advice to Management

It’s becoming obvious that you do not genuinely care about your employees. Happy hours and free food is not the answer. The lack of vision is trickling down and the team feels it.

"Managers have no training, and it shows"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team, great product, free lunch daily and they will provide standing desks.

Cons

On the client services side, managers are promoted based on tenure and if directors like them, not based on ability to manage or people skills. They are provided no management training, and are by far the worst part about this company.

Advice to Management

Promote people based on actual management skills and ability, and provide management training. Don't promote remote people to management positions for no reason other than them being at the company for a longer period of time.

Mavenlink Response

Oct 23, 2018 – VP of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Mavenlink, we're committed to promoting a positive environment and delivering an excellent employee experience. Our rapid growth has created... More

"Definitely NOT the best place to work at anymore"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great team members and colleagues, the positive culture is there
    - Free lunch
    - The product has a lot of potential
    - Fast paced industry and there's a lot of valuable information to learn

Cons

- Next to impossible to promote; you can have the numbers to prove you perform well but you also need to be related to, dating or be your manager's proverbial "best friend" to make it anywhere
    - Senior and executive leadership are disconnected from what's going on with individual contributors
    - Continuous false promises are made regarding compensation and pay
    - Managers do not value feedback; everything falls on deaf ears
    - No work/life balance

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Mavenlink will never grow in the right ways if you keep ignoring how unhappy your teams are. You can have the best product out there (and that's if I'm being generous), but you'll never have true success if you continue to dismiss how high your turnover rate is.

"Solid Solution, Foggy Plan"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The software is great, a great business solution for multiple applications.

Cons

Management is not quite certain what their market is, or how to sell into it.

Advice to Management

Grow organically through success, don't just decide 'this is our market'.

"Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to learn. Growth, personal development, and technical excellence are valued and management enables all R&D employees to develop their skills.
    R&D management has done an amazing job at allowing feedback to flow freely between employees and management. Feedback is frequent, honest, and accurate.

Cons

Compensation, particularly for equity is sub-par at best. Management is completely unwilling to share company valuation, shares outstanding, etc...
    No bonuses, ever.
    Health benefits are expensive and coverage has been decreasing.
    I will never travel for Mavenlink again if I can avoid. The obsession with cost has resulted in me staying at hotels in dangerous neighborhoods, or caused me to fly out of airports that were very inconvenient to save $30 at the expense of 2, 3 hours of my off-the-clock time.

Advice to Management

Penny-pinching can be terribly frustrating when it gets in the way of doing the best work I can do for the company.
    Learn to trust your employees; opaque management makes me think you're trying to hide something.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Tremendous Opportunity
    - Strong Growth
    - C-Level interaction (never hesitate to help with a deal)
    - Provide all the tools for success (unlimited training, mentorship, open door policy)
    - Promote from within
    - Outstanding operations
    - Industry leading product

Cons

- No stock options are available (unless you're 1 of 3 employees who will win the yearly founder's award)

Advice to Management

Stock Options!

8. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mavenlink has always been a great place to further your career. They are very open to employees exploring different departments and skills. As a startup most people wear many hats. If you're willing to raise your hand, Mavenlink will provide opportunities for you. Mavenlink also provides professional development courses, also known as Maven University. These courses teach employees professional skills on topics that relate both to the whole company as well as specific departments.

Cons

Salaries aren't that competitive. Benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Moving and growing fast!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Cutting edge product that is frequently being recognized in the media.
    -Great people that are passionate about technology, their contributions to the team, and developing/helping others.
    -The company is growing quickly and there are opportunities to work on a variety of different projects.

Cons

Typical growing pains. A lot of processes are still being built, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Don't stop the good communication. The Town Hall meetings are helpful to get a pulse on what's happening and where things are going. Keep building on our current training programs and employee perks.

10. "Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - Credit and Collections Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Credit and Collections Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mavenlink is that "Stand Out" company. I can attest to why it was voted as the best place to work at. The culture is on the right track. You are not treated as a "number"! Employees are engaged and eager. From the initial interaction with Karen Morris, Laura Sehrer, Ray Grainger, Elisa Grainger, Sandra Rangel and the remaining team, I couldn't help feel I'm part of a success story. Mavenlink is selective who they hire. Working at Mavenlink, there is a sense that you have secured the right professional home. What an exceptional company! I cannot help but be excited for the future.

Cons

Mavenlink is growing at a speed of light therefore you have to be open to change. Not a "Con" but a "Pro" in my eyes.