Mavenlink Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Mavenlink Founder, Chief Executive Officer Raymond Grainger
Raymond Grainger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The last thing I'll say is that work life balance at Mavenlink is real (in 6 reviews)

• Free lunch every day (Irvine location) & well stocked snack station (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing Pains normally seen in a fast growing business (in 14 reviews)

• Boston is a satellite office and feels like a different company culture wise than HQ (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best Place To Work Indeed!"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

1. Great Working Environment - Everyone here is really helpful and friendly to work with. Even people that you don't directly work with are willing to share their knowledge if it helps you. And fun work events help to spice things up - WE NEED MORE OF THEM!
    2. Great Training - I have attended several training seminars that have really helped my communication skill both professionally and personally. This company is willing to invest in their employees.
    3. Best Product In The Market - When you know you've got the best product in the market, you can't help but be fired up to sell it.
    3. Catered Lunches & Fully Stocked Snack Bar - Can't go wrong with that. EVER.

Cons

1. Growth Pains - This company isn't without some growth pains. Compensation plan has changed a few times since I've been here as well as a few management changes. But we're working through it. I'm confident in our executives' abilities to adapt to these changes and lead the organization in more positive light.
    2. Clear Career Development - There has yet to be a more clear structure for career development in other departmental role other than sales.

Advice to Management

Perhaps, a mentorship program of some sort or career day to learn the details regarding other departmental roles and how to get there. It would be nice to have Mavenlink Networking Event for us to connect with other departments since we don't often get to cross-network.

"Great place to learn"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to learn. Growth, personal development, and technical excellence are valued and management enables all R&D employees to develop their skills.
    R&D management has done an amazing job at allowing feedback to flow freely between employees and management. Feedback is frequent, honest, and accurate.

Cons

Compensation, particularly for equity is sub-par at best. Management is completely unwilling to share company valuation, shares outstanding, etc...
    No bonuses, ever.
    Health benefits are expensive and coverage has been decreasing.
    I will never travel for Mavenlink again if I can avoid. The obsession with cost has resulted in me staying at hotels in dangerous neighborhoods, or caused me to fly out of airports that were very inconvenient to save $30 at the expense of 2, 3 hours of my off-the-clock time.

Advice to Management

Penny-pinching can be terribly frustrating when it gets in the way of doing the best work I can do for the company.
    Learn to trust your employees; opaque management makes me think you're trying to hide something.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Tremendous Opportunity
    - Strong Growth
    - C-Level interaction (never hesitate to help with a deal)
    - Provide all the tools for success (unlimited training, mentorship, open door policy)
    - Promote from within
    - Outstanding operations
    - Industry leading product

Cons

- No stock options are available (unless you're 1 of 3 employees who will win the yearly founder's award)

Advice to Management

Stock Options!

4. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mavenlink has always been a great place to further your career. They are very open to employees exploring different departments and skills. As a startup most people wear many hats. If you're willing to raise your hand, Mavenlink will provide opportunities for you. Mavenlink also provides professional development courses, also known as Maven University. These courses teach employees professional skills on topics that relate both to the whole company as well as specific departments.

Cons

Salaries aren't that competitive. Benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Moving and growing fast!"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Cutting edge product that is frequently being recognized in the media.
    -Great people that are passionate about technology, their contributions to the team, and developing/helping others.
    -The company is growing quickly and there are opportunities to work on a variety of different projects.

Cons

Typical growing pains. A lot of processes are still being built, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Don't stop the good communication. The Town Hall meetings are helpful to get a pulse on what's happening and where things are going. Keep building on our current training programs and employee perks.

6. "Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - Credit and Collections Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Credit and Collections Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mavenlink is that "Stand Out" company. I can attest to why it was voted as the best place to work at. The culture is on the right track. You are not treated as a "number"! Employees are engaged and eager. From the initial interaction with Karen Morris, Laura Sehrer, Ray Grainger, Elisa Grainger, Sandra Rangel and the remaining team, I couldn't help feel I'm part of a success story. Mavenlink is selective who they hire. Working at Mavenlink, there is a sense that you have secured the right professional home. What an exceptional company! I cannot help but be excited for the future.

Cons

Mavenlink is growing at a speed of light therefore you have to be open to change. Not a "Con" but a "Pro" in my eyes.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

Excellent processes; good work-life balance; fun atmosphere; encourages personal growth and learning

Cons

Pair programming and quick rotations can take time to get used to, though I think they're ultimately good

8. "A company going places"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company vision, outstanding highly-motivated team, differentiated and innovative product, cool culture and perks.

Cons

Typical growing pains in a high growth company.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for new and increased ways to create remarkable experiences for our people and our clients.

9. "Great company!"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with great career opportunity and investment in professional development. Management is very focused on developing it's employees for the long term and staying focused on its strategic vision.

Cons

None so far! Keep up the good work.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going and investing in your employees and taking care of our customers.

10. "Amazing company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not be happier with joining the Mavenlink team. They really invest in you as a new hire & make sure once you get into the seat you have the tools to succeed. The perks are also great - catered lunch every day at the Irvine location, 3 weeks vacation, you are given a MacBook Pro depending on your position to use for work. Also since it is such a fast-growing company, depending on what happens in the future you have the ability to work out of the country to help grow a different office. The opportunities are endless & I love coming to work every day.

Cons

No cons really stick out - if you are motivated to advance in your career and help the company grow you will fit right in & feel like you are a part of something bigger.

Advice to Management

None at the moment