Mavenlink Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Mavenlink Founder, Chief Executive Officer Raymond Grainger
Raymond Grainger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The last thing I'll say is that work life balance at Mavenlink is real (in 6 reviews)

• Free lunch every day (Irvine location) & well stocked snack station (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Typical growing pains in a high growth company (in 15 reviews)

• Boston is a satellite office and feels like a different company culture wise than HQ (in 4 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Tremendous Opportunity
    - Strong Growth
    - C-Level interaction (never hesitate to help with a deal)
    - Provide all the tools for success (unlimited training, mentorship, open door policy)
    - Promote from within
    - Outstanding operations
    - Industry leading product

Cons

- No stock options are available (unless you're 1 of 3 employees who will win the yearly founder's award)

Advice to Management

Stock Options!

2. "Great Place to Learn and Grow"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mavenlink has always been a great place to further your career. They are very open to employees exploring different departments and skills. As a startup most people wear many hats. If you're willing to raise your hand, Mavenlink will provide opportunities for you. Mavenlink also provides professional development courses, also known as Maven University. These courses teach employees professional skills on topics that relate both to the whole company as well as specific departments.

Cons

Salaries aren't that competitive. Benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

3. "Moving and growing fast!"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Cutting edge product that is frequently being recognized in the media.
    -Great people that are passionate about technology, their contributions to the team, and developing/helping others.
    -The company is growing quickly and there are opportunities to work on a variety of different projects.

Cons

Typical growing pains. A lot of processes are still being built, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Don't stop the good communication. The Town Hall meetings are helpful to get a pulse on what's happening and where things are going. Keep building on our current training programs and employee perks.

4. "Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - Credit and Collections Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Credit and Collections Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mavenlink is that "Stand Out" company. I can attest to why it was voted as the best place to work at. The culture is on the right track. You are not treated as a "number"! Employees are engaged and eager. From the initial interaction with Karen Morris, Laura Sehrer, Ray Grainger, Elisa Grainger, Sandra Rangel and the remaining team, I couldn't help feel I'm part of a success story. Mavenlink is selective who they hire. Working at Mavenlink, there is a sense that you have secured the right professional home. What an exceptional company! I cannot help but be excited for the future.

Cons

Mavenlink is growing at a speed of light therefore you have to be open to change. Not a "Con" but a "Pro" in my eyes.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

Excellent processes; good work-life balance; fun atmosphere; encourages personal growth and learning

Cons

Pair programming and quick rotations can take time to get used to, though I think they're ultimately good

6. "A company going places"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company vision, outstanding highly-motivated team, differentiated and innovative product, cool culture and perks.

Cons

Typical growing pains in a high growth company.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for new and increased ways to create remarkable experiences for our people and our clients.

7. "Great company!"

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with great career opportunity and investment in professional development. Management is very focused on developing it's employees for the long term and staying focused on its strategic vision.

Cons

None so far! Keep up the good work.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going and investing in your employees and taking care of our customers.

8. "Amazing company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not be happier with joining the Mavenlink team. They really invest in you as a new hire & make sure once you get into the seat you have the tools to succeed. The perks are also great - catered lunch every day at the Irvine location, 3 weeks vacation, you are given a MacBook Pro depending on your position to use for work. Also since it is such a fast-growing company, depending on what happens in the future you have the ability to work out of the country to help grow a different office. The opportunities are endless & I love coming to work every day.

Cons

No cons really stick out - if you are motivated to advance in your career and help the company grow you will fit right in & feel like you are a part of something bigger.

Advice to Management

None at the moment

9. "A great place to work and grow your career!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Mavenlink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun working environment with a dynamic startup culture. Mavenlink provides excellent growth and career development opportunities as well. The company is headed in the right direction and I'm very happy to be on board for the ride.

Cons

Some folks may find the fast-paced and high-expectation culture to be a bit much. For those who can handle it, the pressures are well worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster and develop the team in all areas. Also, don't stop providing free catered lunches every day! ;)

"Pass."

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Mavenlink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lunch provided daily, startup atmosphere, and some very good people

Cons

In the first half of the year I saw only 1 account executive hit their quota and as I understand it today almost none, if any, are on target for the year. Under the leadership of the current vp of smb sales the company has seen morale reach all time lows, people are nervous and unhappy, sales targets are constantly missed and AE's leave like there's a revolving door. He is rude and out of touch with the people he is supposed to be leading. Unless however he has something to gain in which case he will put on a smile and wait for you to leave the room before saying anything about you. During my time I saw numerous people go forward and try to say something hoping to bring change but got little to no result. He doesn't take the time to develop his team and does not value most people outside of his inner circle. At the end of the day he doesn't stand by his team and is not someone you can trust. If you are applying for an AE position keep looking. There are far too many opportunities out there.

Advice to Management

An organization that prides itself on the image of being a top place to work in sales should really think hard about the individual leading it. People want to believe in their leaders. Not be constantly torn down by them.