Mavens Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Mavens Founder & Principal PK Kanumury
PK Kanumury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility: You can work from home" (in 6 reviews)

• "Maven's is full of passionate and intelligent industry leaders who are constantly striving to put the employee first while elevating the customer" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are not really cons, anyway working from home is not for everybody" (in 3 reviews)

• "While people may specialize in different skills, nobody works "above" you or "underneath" you" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Best Place to Work, Confirmed!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Carleton, MI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Carleton, MI

I have been working at Mavens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mavens is THE BEST workplace represented in my HR Training class.
    By the end, everyone was asking our name and if we were hiring. ;-)
    Unlimited PTO is unheard of in the real world. Changing to Flexible is still better than the majority.
    Only one other CEO is as hands on as you (out of 9 others represented).
    We have it so good!

Cons

None that I can see

Advice to Management

Thank you, PK. I appreciate you and our culture more now than when I went into class on Tuesday.

2. "A Great Place to work and Grow"

Current Employee - Salesforce Consultant
    Current Employee - Salesforce Consultant

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a company to balance my work life and also manage my young family. I love that in fact that at Mavens , I am able to do exactly that. There a lot of opportunities to grow and challenge yourself. It is been a pleasure to work with some great minds and people who are passionate about doing their jobs and following the company values.

Cons

Working remote has major advantages but sometimes can make you feel isolated and a need to connect

Advice to Management

Keep Motivating and Challenging your employees

Jan 10, 2019 – Mavens Admin

We are so pleased to hear that you feel balance between your work and life here. Mavens is a big family - made up of families! Family is everything, and a young family certainly requires its own... More

3. "An exciting company with passionate employees"

I have been working at Mavens full-time

Pros

Maven's is full of passionate and intelligent industry leaders who are constantly striving to put the employee first while elevating the customer. I have never worked for a more thoughtful, ethical company where I feel respected and cared for.

There have been ample amounts of learning opportunities, chances for travel, and interactions with exciting people.

The full time remote work has enabled me to travel more, spend more time with my family, and maximize work life balance.

I feel trusted, which is exciting coming from such a successful company.

The company lives by the values they espouse.

Cons

While working remote is more of a pro, it can be a little difficult at times. Carving out your own schedule can be isolating.

Sometimes, there is more work than there are hours in the day. The company is trying to hire top talent to fix this, but it can be cumbersome at times.

Advice to Management

Keep elevating your employees!

Jan 10, 2019 – Mavens Admin

It's always rewarding to hear how Mavens allows individuals to learn, travel, and engage with great people! We feel you, that remote work can be a double-edged sword, at times. We take work-life... More

4. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture and People. Given great opportunity to learn new things

Cons

Most employees work virtually so that can be challenging in communication.

Advice to Management

Keep going. Mavens is very well respected and position to grow.

Dec 6, 2018 – Mavens Admin

We are huge fans of our people and culture, as well, and know that it makes all the difference. Thanks for adding your strength to the team, and making Mavens what it is!

5. "10 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - Consultant in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Mavens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work is challenging, and your work environment is extremely flexible. The organization is focused on always getting better. We have great people, great customers, and interesting projects. Employee's are recognized for their contributions to the teams and projects in several different ways. Mavens is great for people who are intrinsically motivated to produce high quality work.

Cons

Consulting roles are very demanding; they require a lot of different skills to be successful.

Sep 6, 2018 – Mavens Admin

Well said. We are extremely proud of the quality of people we get to work with every day. 10 years is a big deal. Thank you for all your contributions, over the years, to making this a great company... More

6. "It does not feel like a job, you do what you love."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mavens full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Coworkers. I work with the most talented people I've ever met. Yes, we are small in numbers, but you will be surprised how much work and creativity you can get from intelligent people. We have a thorough interview process that pays off and it makes you trust your colleague.
    2. Work/Life compromise. Your family is important to Mavens family. You are important. Your hobbies, your kids, your pets, everything is important to Mavens and you feel loved when you need to take time off to spend with your family knowing that your brilliant co-workers are there to lift you up and cover for you.
    3. Work from home. No commute, no red lights, no traffic, no gas. Save the environment, get extra sleep, give a break to your vehicle.
    4. Clients. We refer to our clients as partners and we treat them right. We are honest about our decisions and solutions, keeping the customer in mind and making THEM succeed.
    5. Horizontal management. Statistically, this type of management has the best employee morale and it's proven here.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay true to Mavens values and participate in projects and client work.

Sep 6, 2018 – Mavens Admin

We really work at living our values day-in and day-out, and we're so glad that comes across. It makes all the difference when you have solid co-workers that have your back - both in work and in life... More

7. "Excited for the future!"

I have been working at Mavens full-time

Pros

This team's mission is just as much (maybe more) about creating a great place to work as it is about achieving business goals. People are passionate about the work that we do, but the desire for growth is more about sharing this incredible work experience with as many people as possible. Still the best group of people I've worked with.

Cons

Most of us work from home and that can be tough if you aren't used to it or really need that office comaraderie.

Sep 6, 2018 – Mavens Admin

Couldn't agree more. Success, to us, is just as much made up of taking the time to celebrate each other's marathons, marriages, and mini-Mavens, as it is made up of your typical business growth. We... More

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Mavens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great workplace culture, awesome co-workers, work from home, unlimited PTO, the opportunity to give my honest opinion in any situation.

Cons

Working from home sometimes makes communication seem lagging. There are times where you would like to be in the mix more than a conference call can accomplish.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about those of us who are on the outskirts of civilization. ;-)

9. "Love what you do and make it matter"

I worked at Mavens full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellence. Integrity. Service. Friendships. These are some words that come to mind but, honestly, they fall flat relative to my experience at Mavens. Working there meant I was challenged to work hard and "be the expert" and given the resources and encouragement to meet this challenge. Rewarding work that matters.

Some consultancies are about the short-term: do whatever the customer wants as long as you're getting paid, right? If a warm body in a chair will generate revenue, great.

If you're a Maven, that will never be your role. If you want to coast, look elsewhere. But if you want to work with friends helping each other be the absolute best at providing Salesforce platform solutions for Life Sciences/Pharma, Mavens could be the place for you.

Mavens values:
    - Make every project personal
    - We before Me
    - Always be a student and a teacher
    - Small things make a difference
    - Pursue excellence and success will follow
    - Bring the fun
    - Embrace change with enthusiasm
    - View every problem with fresh eyes
    - Make the customer the hero

Cons

As the company grows it is more of a challenge to maintain the culture of excellence and trust internally but that is normal maturation. If you need to be reminded that "no place is perfect" then...well...

Advice to Management

Enclaves will happen but they don't have to be tribal. Encourage and expect each Maven to respect every other Maven.

10. "An Innovative Company"

Current Employee - Developer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Developer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Mavens full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When hired, each person is given a list of suggested books. If you take the time to read the books it will illuminate the thinking behind the decisions in the company structure, policies and culture. In previous companies I always felt there was a better way for companies to operate, Mavens has found that way and it's evidence based and forward thinking. More than anything else, this is why Mavens is special and why I love Mavens.

Companies often speak highly about themselves in the type of terms I just described. When I first talking to various Mavens during my interview process I admittedly thought, "Uh huh... Riiggghhhttt." haha I was skeptical and I'm not surprised if you are too, but I can verify that the Mavens culture, structure and way of thinking is largely as advertised.

More Pros:
    - I've never experienced micro-management at Mavens like I have at traditional jobs. It's a benefit of having a relatively flat structure.
    - As a whole, Mavens cares about you and your happiness.
    - At a previous jobs, I felt my growth was limited due to being pigeon holed by a narrowly defined role. At Mavens, your growth path is in your own hands. There is a lot of opportunity to try something new and/or different inside and outside of projects. I think as the company grows the variety of opportunities will narrow a little, but I doubt it will never be like a traditional job.
    - The talent is intimidatingly good, you'll find yourself pushing yourself to live up to your peers and those same intimidatingly talented people are very willing to help. This provides an excellent opportunity for you grow your talents.
    - The work is often challenging. I suppose that might not be desirable for everyone, but if you pass through our hiring process then you're probably fine with challenges. haha
    - I found the Mavens meetup sessions, training and book helpful learning experiences.
    - I don't take a ton of vacation, but I appreciate the time off system is very employ-friendly.

Cons

These cons are probably more cautions than cons:
    - There is a lot to keep up on. You'll be on challenging projects that eat up your time, you'll be maintaining multiple certifications, likely trying to study to get a new certification and probably fulfilling a role on a non-project team too. Mavens is good about work life balance, but it's demanding and you're responsible for striking that balance.
    - If you work remotely, you need to find time to be plugged in with the happenings around the company. You're not going bump into people at the water cooler to talk about what's happening. As a quiet person who tends to just focus on the task in front of me, I've struggled at times in this regard.
    - Sometimes company policies are a little vague, communicating concerns/questions is necessary.

Advice to Management

For the most part, continue doing what you're doing. There are internal growth challenges, but I think as long as we continue to create a safe space to communicate those growth challenges and conquer those challenges in the Mavens-way, then we're good.