Mavens Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2019

4.9
Mavens CEO PK Kanumury
PK Kanumury
Pros
  • "Employee first culture where you are cared about and valued(in 9 reviews)

• "I have felt like a 'Maven' since the first week I joined(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can you motivate yourself to get the job done when often working remotely from your colleagues(in 10 reviews)

• "Mavens does not have a structured career path(in 4 reviews)

1. "New Employee - Love this place!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Mavens two months and am extremely happy with my decision to work here. In general, working here means being able to self-start and manage yourself, which I suppose isn't for everyone, but I am loving it. Everyone on every team I have met is great and knowledge is always shared.

Cons

As a smaller company, the benefits may not be what you could find at larger places.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mavens2019-10-16
  2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance Amazing company culture Despite working from home, there is always someone willing to help. You never feel alone or isolated.

Cons

Non as of yet

Mavens2019-10-15
  3. "Great Place to work- but you WILL work!"

Current Employee - Curriculum Developer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Support in learning your role * Ability to ask questions * A lot of options to learn the material/product * Trust and flexibility when it comes to work, as long as you get your work done

Cons

* Remote work isn't for everyone- you have to be able to stay focused and KNOW when you need help. Because there isn't anyone hovering over your (I think this is a good thing) you will be responsible for asking and making sure your projects are staying on task. * Remote stipend is less than industry remote average

Advice to Management

I love the constant feedback and the amount of thought that goes into building up new Mavens. I personally love how quickly I've been able to jump in and be helpful- but I am worried that the remaining onboarding ramp might get pushed aside as new hires jump into client work.

Mavens2019-10-02

"Great place to work and awesome team!"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall - it's the people! The people at Mavens are clearly experts in this field. I feel that everyone is always willing to help and offer support when things are uncertain. Mavens have great pride in sharing their knowledge and there is a culture of openness which I haven't seen in many places before. Information hoarding does not exist which enables incredible collaboration on a level that is rarely seen... elsewhere. There is a fantastically organized onboarding process which is thorough and detailed - something that is critical as Mavens is a largely remote based company. The onboarding process ensures that you feel comfortable with the Mavens methodology. You're given a Mavens guide who provides you with mentorship especially during the early stages of being a Maven - and there is encouragement to reach out to anyone within the organization to get their advice and feedback on all topics. There are also plenty of opportunities to learn and take on projects that you're interested in. This onboarding process sets you up for immediate success as a new Maven. You're also highly encouraged to take the time to learn about the technologies that we provide, and to further your knowledge to help better position you for success when leading projects. Everyone at Mavens is constantly challenging themselves to be better - this creates an atmosphere where it's OK to ask questions. You'll be able to find out how to gain that knowledge, apply it to the job, and become more successful overall. I've never worked at a company before where the CEO was so accessible, down to earth, extremely knowledgeable and just willing to listen to all ideas. This really trickles down into the rest of the company. The company is going through a big growth phase right now and I'm so happy to have become a Maven! The future really does look promising!

Cons

Working remote isn't for everyone, especially if you're not used to that environment - you may find the adjustment difficult. It's up to you to take advantage of organizing meetups for working sessions, social engagements etc. I would argue that this is also a positive - since the remote working and culture at Mavens provides you with the opportunity to set your own schedule, and to be your own manager in terms... of how you set up your day, what projects you take on, and ultimately choosing to do the things that actually make you happy!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees, and keep up the great work!

Mavens2019-08-16
  5. "Being a Maven is awesome !!"

Current Employee - Project Lead

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mavens is a great company for self-motivated people. Being able to work remotely leads to a better quality of life. They have the best on-boarding process I have experienced so far. All new Maven employees are given ample time to get acclimated to the tools and softwares they use and a Mavens' guide (mentor) to help you along the process. The best part of the company are fellow Mavens. Everyone is amazing and... always willing to help.

Cons

Information doesn't always trickle down/up consistently. You might get a different answer/opinion depending on who you talk to.

Advice to Management

Keep up with Mavens' values.

Mavens2019-08-12
  6. "Great time to be a Maven..."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Working Remote -Great Co-Workers -Abilty to Grow and Learn

Cons

Can feel a little lonely working remote and a lot of software accounts to manage.

Mavens2019-08-01
  7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Client Services Consultant in Smithfield, RI

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many pros to working with Mavens. First and foremost, the on boarding experience is incredible. Since we’re remote, it was great to come in to Chicago for a week, meet everyone, and take time learning all the systems, benefits, and receive our laptops. I could go on and on how appreciative I am on their steady acclamation to working with Mavens, but I definitely want to address the people. The people... are what makes Mavens great. From the CEO down, everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. Even being remote, the amount of people that reach out to say hi, introduce themselves, offer assistance is incredible. Overall, I couldn’t be happier being with Mavens! Coming from a corporate structure where you’re just another cog, it’s been refreshing to be treated like a valuable resource.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

Mavens2019-06-21
  8. "Innovative Workplace and Genuine Team"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

The smartest and most passionate team I've ever encountered. Opportunities for learning and career growth, positive work culture, and genuine people who are willing to help in any way they can. Leadership is caring and great at what they do. Everyone has a voice and contributes to shaping the environment and culture. They take pride in keeping consistent with company values even during times of growth,... which is a rarity in my experience. The unique onboarding process establishes a solid base understanding and helps set you up for success.

Cons

Can't think of any Cons to-date.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and keep up the solid work. Overcommunicate during times of many changes/growth to make sure everyone stays in the loop.

Mavens2019-06-20
  9. "Amazing Company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership is spot on as well as there are a lot of growth opportunities to make your mark in this organization vs a larger company where is takes forever to get anything done. I appreciate the people and the mission. I have found my positive work family.

Cons

There are some processes that have not been fully vetted out yet and that is where you need to get scrappy and pro-active.

Advice to Management

As we grow, there will be growing pains. If we haven't already sought out a consultant to help with the transition, we should. I am excited that I am part of the team.

Mavens2019-06-19
  10. "Interview Process"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Harleysville, PA

I worked at Mavens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thorough and I met a lot of people. Be prepared and know your stuff

Cons

Takes time to get through all the work and interviews

Advice to Management

A little more information about the exercise would be helpful. Especially around the team involved and the culture of Mavens

Mavens2019-06-21