Maverick Trading Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Robb Reinhold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I’ve learned more from Maverick Trading than all the years on my own" (in 6 reviews)

• "One independent contractor position for options trading and one independent contractor position for forex trading" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Finding a webinar solution for a firm as large as Maverick Trading is an issue" (in 4 reviews)

• "It's a pymamid period recruitment is everything - desk fees, traders training and and a trading slush fund incase you mess up" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"High energy, a lovely place to work and gain experience"

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Maverick Trading is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful, intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing organization!

Cons

I don’t have any negative issues so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thank you for all you do!

2. "Incredible people"

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time

Pros

Small business, family feel. Even upper management takes the time to get to know us each individually. They were absolutely amazing when I had a child - my managers worked with my every need and were the support system I needed more than once. Couldn't ask to work with better people.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the people here.

"Uplifting Firm."

Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joined Maverick upon completion of graduate school and wanted the freedom and flexibility of very low expenses and ability to live anywhere and trade. Really great group of traders who will mentor you, fun group of guys. The firm doesn't take commission splits from trades that traders place, which keeps your best interest in mind (profitability). Firm only generates profits if your overall account is profitable with placing trades. Which is very hard to find these days! There are no limits on how much capital traders can trade with and your not limited to placing a certain amount of trades and can essentially trade your own strategy, time-frames etc. Just from the trade alerts the company sends out, one can easily generate substantial returns.

Cons

From the beginning Maverick has continually developed and progressed in terms of trader support and ease in obtaining capital. Bright futures ahead for Maverick and its traders!

Advice to Management

Continue to develop website content and trading program.

"Best Prop firm out there right now"

Current Employee - Options Trader in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Options Trader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in and out of the prop industry for over 15 years now and most of the firms I used to know have either closed or merged with the others. I chose Maverick as they have basically run as an independent firm and taken care of their traders for the long term. They are very upfront with the costs of trading and are very available when you need them. Fast payout on profits only take 1 day.

Cons

TWS software isn't my favorite platform I've traded on but the costs of data feeds are 10% of what I paid on sterling and laser

Advice to Management

None

"TRADER"

Pros

Everything! I love it alot!

Cons

Nothing once you are aboard then you are good!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Equity Trader in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverick Trading (More than a year)

Pros

Always available to their traders. I couldn't ask for a better place.

Cons

Absolutely very little to complain about here.

"Great company, great people"

Pros

Outstanding organization. I have been with Maverick for approximately 3 years. Their training program is world class and the people are genuinely interested in your success. Trading stocks and futures is hard work. To be successful you need to understand the markets, utilize strategies that are effective in different market conditions, and then execute your trades when the market provides you with the opportunities. The folks at Maverick do that on a consistent basis and have taught me how to do it. One of the best organizations I have ever had the good fortune to be with.

Cons

none, absolutely no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Great group of people"

Current Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was hired on to update some of their programming and customize some of their trading softwares after being a trader for them since 2012. I have been a trader for the mid 90's and have been around many trading firms over the years and some shops are cutthroat and set up for the firm while others are more like teams working together. Maverick is definitely set up as one of the latter which is why i stay

Cons

Some strategies are prohibited by management. It can be a little annoying but I also understand the firm's need for risk management as the prohibitive strategies mostly exclude naked option selling.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work and continue to evolve and grow as a trading firm. Nothing other than that.

"Great people and an amazing company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Maverick for several months now. My brother is one of the risk managers for the firm and helped me to get involved in trading and working for Maverick. Everyone here has been fantastic to work with and I am very happy to associate with people that value honesty and integrity. If you are interested in becoming a trader or gaining the necessary capital to reach your goals, joining Maverick will be the best decision you can make.

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about yet, but I'll keep looking.

Advice to Management

A soda machine in the kitchen area would be fantastic!!

10. "Junior Trader"

Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Maverick Trading part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough about the firm and it's management, they have a lot of wisdom they can impart if you are willing to listen, They can teach a novice to learn the process and make some money. They also have the expertise to take a really goo trader and make that person a great trader. The program they have laid out is excellent and the training is superb. They also have milestone that are really important to make and their encouragement is excellent, Their wisdom in making you meet those milestones is brilliant in my opinion.

Cons

The only con for me is the monthly trader fees that are coming out every month before you start live trading and making money. The cost for training is also a commitment of some capital. Even those these are negatives for me and for others, I can also see the wisdom of this expense from the firms standpoint, they want to make sure you are committed to the program and are willing to work the process and are committed to making this work for you and them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.