Maverick Trading Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Robb Reinhold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Best Prop firm out there right now"

Current Employee - Options Trader in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Options Trader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in and out of the prop industry for over 15 years now and most of the firms I used to know have either closed or merged with the others. I chose Maverick as they have basically run as an independent firm and taken care of their traders for the long term. They are very upfront with the costs of trading and are very available when you need them. Fast payout on profits only take 1 day.

Cons

TWS software isn't my favorite platform I've traded on but the costs of data feeds are 10% of what I paid on sterling and laser

Advice to Management

None

May 8, 2017

Thank you for the review. We're happy that you've had a good experience with Maverick. Our focus is and always has been on supporting our traders. They really are a great group.

"Uplifting Firm."

Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joined Maverick upon completion of graduate school and wanted the freedom and flexibility of very low expenses and ability to live anywhere and trade. Really great group of traders who will mentor you, fun group of guys. The firm doesn't take commission splits from trades that traders place, which keeps your best interest in mind (profitability). Firm only generates profits if your overall account is profitable with placing trades. Which is very hard to find these days! There are no limits on how much capital traders can trade with and your not limited to placing a certain amount of trades and can essentially trade your own strategy, time-frames etc. Just from the trade alerts the company sends out, one can easily generate substantial returns.

Cons

From the beginning Maverick has continually developed and progressed in terms of trader support and ease in obtaining capital. Bright futures ahead for Maverick and its traders!

Advice to Management

Continue to develop website content and trading program.

Jul 14, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write this review. We're happy to see that you've had a positive experience with us. We will continue to strive to keep it that way.

"TRADER"

Pros

Everything! I love it alot!

Cons

Nothing once you are aboard then you are good!

Oct 16, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make things better for you. We appreciate it.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Equity Trader in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverick Trading (More than a year)

Pros

Always available to their traders. I couldn't ask for a better place.

Cons

Absolutely very little to complain about here.

Oct 16, 2017

Thank you for the supportive comments. We appreciate it. We strive to make this a positive and successful experience for all of our traders. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help... More

"Great company, great people"

Pros

Outstanding organization. I have been with Maverick for approximately 3 years. Their training program is world class and the people are genuinely interested in your success. Trading stocks and futures is hard work. To be successful you need to understand the markets, utilize strategies that are effective in different market conditions, and then execute your trades when the market provides you with the opportunities. The folks at Maverick do that on a consistent basis and have taught me how to do it. One of the best organizations I have ever had the good fortune to be with.

Cons

none, absolutely no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Great group of people"

Current Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was hired on to update some of their programming and customize some of their trading softwares after being a trader for them since 2012. I have been a trader for the mid 90's and have been around many trading firms over the years and some shops are cutthroat and set up for the firm while others are more like teams working together. Maverick is definitely set up as one of the latter which is why i stay

Cons

Some strategies are prohibited by management. It can be a little annoying but I also understand the firm's need for risk management as the prohibitive strategies mostly exclude naked option selling.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work and continue to evolve and grow as a trading firm. Nothing other than that.

Oct 26, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We are always working on making the firm better, and your feedback is invaluable. It's great to see that your experience has been positive!

Best... More

"Great people and an amazing company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Maverick for several months now. My brother is one of the risk managers for the firm and helped me to get involved in trading and working for Maverick. Everyone here has been fantastic to work with and I am very happy to associate with people that value honesty and integrity. If you are interested in becoming a trader or gaining the necessary capital to reach your goals, joining Maverick will be the best decision you can make.

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about yet, but I'll keep looking.

Advice to Management

A soda machine in the kitchen area would be fantastic!!

"Maverick Trading is the best."

Former Employee - Prop Trader in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Prop Trader in Seattle, WA

I worked at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a former hedge fund manager and close personal friend of Hillary Clinton, I decided to leave Goldman Sachs for a more reputable firm.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about Maverick Trading. All of the traders are making $500k per year--easy.

Jul 14, 2017

This isn't a real review. It's just spam.

9. "The Truth about Maverick Trading"

Current Employee - Equity Trader in Bettendorf, IA
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in Bettendorf, IA

I have been working at Maverick Trading part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Empathetic, Knowledgeable, Intense, Rewarding, Life-Changing

Cons

The ongoing expense is a commitment.

Advice to Management

It is with great pleasure that I write a review for Maverick Trading. I have been with Maverick for 21 months, and it has been a quality experience. The first reason to join Maverick’s team is that the leadership at Maverick is made-up of quality people. This group truly wants to see their traders succeed and works hard to help all their traders reach their goals. It is a commitment to join Maverick and the most important aspect of this relationship is that you will be treated well if you join. The second reason to join Maverick is that their instructors know what they are doing. I had done some option trading before joining Maverick, but working with them was on a whole different level. These guys are good. Be prepared to be taken to your limits; the curriculum is intense and thorough. The third reason to join is that you can make trading your living. Now, it is not easy to attain this level of trading, but the opportunity is there. The only negative part of Maverick is the expense, but I have always valued education. The desk fee is expensive, but it is worth it if you really are serious and want to trade someone else’s money.

"You need a team to succeed and Maverick provides it."

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I traded on my own for nearly 10 years before I came to Maverick Trading and I've been with them for five years. I will never go back to trading on my own. The interaction, advice, and support that Maverick provides is invaluable and has saved me from making bad trades uncounted times.

The firm treats trading as a profession, trains its traders as professionals, and expects its traders to act professionally. Maverick goes to great lengths to weed out the cowboy traders and poseurs in its recruiting process.

The training program is top-notch and all-encompassing, from market fundamentals, through complex options, and on through advanced portfolio construction and management. All told, you're looking at about 150 hours of training. I don't recall having 150 hours of instruction on one topic throughout college. Their training essentially provides a graduate level syllabus in how to make money as a trader.

I spent nearly a decade trying to trade on my own, trolling chat rooms, subscribing to newsletters, and following various talking heads. While you might achieve some minor success this way, it's not systematic and it definitely doesn't provide consistency. I essentially had 10 years of bad habits to unlearn and Maverick helped me step by step.

The ongoing support the firm provides to its traders is first class as well. The bottom line is that if you need support, all you have to do is ask for it. Maverick's policy is that you should never feel like you're trading alone. Management is generous with their time, which is no mean feat. The coaching staff is comprised of successful traders who have been with the firm for multiple years (I'm not a coach). The coaches are recognized trading experts. Several times, my coach has brought me back down to earth when I've started to get too cocky in my trading. Traders share trading ideas among themselves as well, not only in the structure of the firm, but informally as well. Maverick is known as a supportive and collaborative firm for good reasons.

The pathway to trading the firm's capital is laid out prior to joining the firm and is prudent and reasonable, for the trader and for the firm. Maverick stresses consistency in profits over constantly swinging for the fences. Methodical success and risk management are rewarded with more capital to trade. Payouts are prompt and without question, usually accompanied by congratulations.

In all, being a part of Maverick Trading has elevated me to the ranks of professional traders. The ongoing support and community environment has gotten me through slumps and rough market conditions and I have been more profitable in the past five years than I was in the previous ten.

Cons

Finding a webinar solution for a firm as large as Maverick Trading is an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to be selective in recruiting.

Jan 5, 2016

We appreciate the feedback. We are just launching the new version of Maverick Trading's website with incredible improvements that have come with advancements in website technology. We are very... More