Maverick Trading Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 24, 2018

4.2
Robb Reinhold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I’ve learned more from Maverick Trading than all the years on my own" (in 5 reviews)

• "One independent contractor position for options trading and one independent contractor position for forex trading" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a pymamid period recruitment is everything - desk fees, traders training and and a trading slush fund incase you mess up" (in 4 reviews)

• "You have spend money in order to make money" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time

Pros

In my opinions, Maverick is one of the coolest companies you could ask to work for. Not just in Salt Lake, either. The work is so innovative that it's always interesting, and it's not rare for me to talk to an industry friend about something I'm working on and they tell me it's something their company has even touched yet.

Cons

Hours can be long on rare occasions if the job demands it.

"Uplifting Firm."

Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Trader in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joined Maverick upon completion of graduate school and wanted the freedom and flexibility of very low expenses and ability to live anywhere and trade. Really great group of traders who will mentor you, fun group of guys. The firm doesn't take commission splits from trades that traders place, which keeps your best interest in mind (profitability). Firm only generates profits if your overall account is profitable with placing trades. Which is very hard to find these days! There are no limits on how much capital traders can trade with and your not limited to placing a certain amount of trades and can essentially trade your own strategy, time-frames etc. Just from the trade alerts the company sends out, one can easily generate substantial returns.

Cons

From the beginning Maverick has continually developed and progressed in terms of trader support and ease in obtaining capital. Bright futures ahead for Maverick and its traders!

Advice to Management

Continue to develop website content and trading program.

"Best Prop firm out there right now"

Current Employee - Options Trader in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Options Trader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been in and out of the prop industry for over 15 years now and most of the firms I used to know have either closed or merged with the others. I chose Maverick as they have basically run as an independent firm and taken care of their traders for the long term. They are very upfront with the costs of trading and are very available when you need them. Fast payout on profits only take 1 day.

Cons

TWS software isn't my favorite platform I've traded on but the costs of data feeds are 10% of what I paid on sterling and laser

Advice to Management

None

"TRADER"

Pros

Everything! I love it alot!

Cons

Nothing once you are aboard then you are good!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Equity Trader in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Equity Trader in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverick Trading (More than a year)

Pros

Always available to their traders. I couldn't ask for a better place.

Cons

Absolutely very little to complain about here.

"Great company, great people"

Pros

Outstanding organization. I have been with Maverick for approximately 3 years. Their training program is world class and the people are genuinely interested in your success. Trading stocks and futures is hard work. To be successful you need to understand the markets, utilize strategies that are effective in different market conditions, and then execute your trades when the market provides you with the opportunities. The folks at Maverick do that on a consistent basis and have taught me how to do it. One of the best organizations I have ever had the good fortune to be with.

Cons

none, absolutely no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Great group of people"

Current Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Proprietary Trader in New York, NY

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was hired on to update some of their programming and customize some of their trading softwares after being a trader for them since 2012. I have been a trader for the mid 90's and have been around many trading firms over the years and some shops are cutthroat and set up for the firm while others are more like teams working together. Maverick is definitely set up as one of the latter which is why i stay

Cons

Some strategies are prohibited by management. It can be a little annoying but I also understand the firm's need for risk management as the prohibitive strategies mostly exclude naked option selling.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work and continue to evolve and grow as a trading firm. Nothing other than that.

"One of the best working experiences I've been part of"

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time

Pros

The end goal of Maverick is entirely about helping people, so naturally most everyone that works here is kind and generally easy to get along with. It's been really easy to form a great working relationships with both my coworkers and management. it's made my day to day really enjoyable for me.

Cons

Parking is a headache, but that's everywhere around here.

9. ": Maverick Trading Glassdoor Review – An Honest Review"

Current Employee - Trader in Evergreen, CO
    Current Employee - Trader in Evergreen, CO

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Maverick Trading Glassdoor Review – An Honest Review. I have been wanting to write a review on Maverick Trading now that I am trading live with their money. After the review of my training and simulator results I was able to move forward to start trading. Maverick trading support has helped every step of the way with trade coaching and education. I have been rather pleased with the entire process as Maverick trading has lived up to their promises every step of the way.
    I was very skeptical in the beginning, as I had seen a few negative glassdoor reviews in the past indicating that Maverick Trading is a complete scam. So far, my experience at Maverick Trading has been nothing but legit and positive. Maverick Trading reviews my ongoing performance and gives feedback on my trading, which is really what I was looking for when joining. Having Maverick’s money to trade with is nice, however the support and guidance has proved to be even more meaningful in evolving as a trader.
    I never feel like I am a bother, the coaches and support are always willing to help in the process and want to see you succeed. Robb, the owner of Maverick Trading, is extremely helpful and a very good teacher. Robb explains technical trading and theoretical trading aspects very clearly. The classes are good, and the videos and the content are full of more information than I would ever have time to read. The twice a week, hour-long meeting to talk about what’s going on and what stocks or currencies to get into for the week is a great way to stay on top of the current forex events. The information you get from the meetings is excellent. Maverick Trading also has trade alerts, the trade alerts also help me to understand the movements in the markets and are a great learning tool, especially when I was using the simulator to practice without losing money.
    I currently trade for the forex trading or FX side of Maverick Trading and have really enjoyed the fast paced and exciting world of forex. As far as I am aware Maverick Trading has 2 independent contractor positions. One independent contractor position for options trading and one independent contractor position for forex trading.
    Before I joined Maverick Trading, I had studied a little bit about basic options combinations, but I had no prior experience trading the forex spot market, with the help of Maverick Trading I have been able to transition nicely to the world of high finance. The forex daily recap videos have proved to be very helpful in the daily efforts to be in front of the markets. Having a risk manager that gives guidance and support has helped greatly in my trading as well. I am looking forward to being a trader at Maverick Trading for decades to come.

Cons

Nothing to complain about here. Management is great. Robb and the other support people and coaches are extremely helpful. I think it may be nice to have somewhat more of personality/emotional development processes as it is such an important aspect of being a successful trader.

Advice to Management

Management at Maverick Trading is awesome. Again, always able to get the help I need. Great company to work for, great training and awesome trading program.

"Great people and an amazing company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverick Trading full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Maverick for several months now. My brother is one of the risk managers for the firm and helped me to get involved in trading and working for Maverick. Everyone here has been fantastic to work with and I am very happy to associate with people that value honesty and integrity. If you are interested in becoming a trader or gaining the necessary capital to reach your goals, joining Maverick will be the best decision you can make.

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about yet, but I'll keep looking.

Advice to Management

A soda machine in the kitchen area would be fantastic!!