Cover image for Maverick Trading

68% Recommend to a Friend
70% Approve of CEO

Found 53 of over 94 reviews

3.7
Maverick Trading CEO  Robb Reinhold  (no image)
Robb Reinhold

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "When people ask YOU to pay THEM to earn money for YOU, why not just keep your own money?(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Foreign Exchange

Oct 16, 2021 - Trader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and learning opportunities.

Cons

Short time and a lot of complexity.

Maverick Trading Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you enjoyed the environment. You are also correct that trading can be a complex process when done correctly.

2. 4.0

A good prop firm

Sep 2, 2022 - Derivatives Trader
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in the business for a while and spent time on a few trading desks in NY/NJ and a few prop firms. This is the one with the most flexibility and you can trade just about every product. For people that trade everything, this is the only prop firm that will allow you futures, options, currencies, etc

Cons

Upfront costs are high but earnings and bonuses made up for more than the upfront costs

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Maverick Trading team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

teachers

Jun 21, 2022 - Options Trader
    Business Outlook

Pros

they teach you how to trade.

Cons

takes time to get up and running

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

good

Dec 20, 2021 - Trader in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

flexibility, lots of money, and great experience

Cons

long work weeks and tiring

Maverick Trading Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We sincerely appreciate it.

6. 5.0

Great Start to Trading

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Educational platform for being online base

Cons

They should do live trade analysis in market

Maverick Trading Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We've worked hard to make the curriculum in our Qualification Program as comprehensive as possible and are continually adding to it. We do take a look at potential trades during market hours during our Midweek Update and in our Currencies Division we conduct live trading sessions during significant economic announcements.

7. 5.0

Fantastic Prop Firm!

Apr 10, 2021 - Options Trader in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Top notch training program and trader support. Everything one needs in order to be successful in the difficult world of trading. I cannot believe a prop firm like this exists. They will help you in every way possible in reaching your goals to become a professional trader.

Cons

None that I can think of. Trading success is largely dependent on you. The start up fees can be a little high, but for what you get in return it is completely worth it.

5 people found this review helpful

Maverick Trading Response

Thank you for the review. We've invested extensively in our Qualification Program and Trader Support Structure, so I'm very pleased that you enjoy it. Cheers.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Company's Quality Always Comes Down to Mgmt

May 13, 2021 - Trader in San Bernardino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None - the new CEO is driving this business into the ground. I give it 3 more years.

Cons

Every aspect of what the company "does for its traders" now is focused on getting us to the combine where Maverick just lets us churn. There is no quality, hands-on coaching which makes it nearly impossible to pass the combine. I, along with a dozen other traders lose on trades, get our accounts frozen, have to replenish the account with our own funds, and try again. But remember, we haven't been coached. So wash, rinse, repeat. And all the while, $200 per month.

9 people found this review helpful

Maverick Trading Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Coaching is provided in three different levels, depending on where you are in the Qualification Program, with Level 3 being in live trading. Each trader is responsible for the manner in which they trade their own account. Prior to trading live, each trader creates a detailed Trading Plan that is based on that trader's personality. It sounds as if you may be breaking some of the rules in your Trading Plan or not exercising consistent Risk Management, which is a key to success in trading. If you are still having problems, I encourage you to reach out to your coach and schedule a time to review your latest Trading Plan and most recent trades to see if there is a disconnect or room for improvement. Best regards, Maverick Trading Management

9. 5.0

Funded and trading live

Mar 17, 2021 - Trader in Boca Raton, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and support from the firm. Took a leap of faith and wasn't disappointed. Training was top notch with lots of back testing and was approved for live trading. Signed the paperwork and funded account with Interactive Brokers and on my second month of live trading. Will update in the future but up to this point, everything has been delivered as promised

Cons

wish there was the ability to trade through TOS

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the review. We love our traders and love when they make money for both. Keep up the good work.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee

Don't waste your time and money there

Mar 23, 2021 - Options Trader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place for learning essential things about trading.

Cons

Management seems too overwhelmed to bother thinking about their staff. There's no transparency. Everything they can do is pushing you to trade and pay more fees. On the other hand, there's good potential, but also a chance you'll lose much. You must excel from the very beginning in order to make money.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the review. Maverick does not run as a broker/dealer and gets absolutely no rebates or commissions from our broker/dealer, Interactive Brokers. We actively discourage active trading and focus 100% on trading profitability as we only profit from profit splits and not commissions. If you read this, please feel free to reach out to us for clarification and consider changing/amending your comment about encouraging over-trading.

11. 1.0

Complete Scam

Mar 13, 2021 - Associate Trader
    Business Outlook

Pros

They teach you some stuff about trading

Cons

This company is structured to suck as much money out of you as quickly as possible before you realize how badly you're getting screwed. You have to pay $6,000 (non-refundable) to join. They prey on people's ignorance by showing profit sharing charts and claiming that the high pay wall is just how the industry works. Once you join and pay that six grand, they just made a minimum of six grand off of you. The only way you get it back is if you make the company another $6,000 through your trading. Which you are fighting an uphill battle to do with the outrageous $199/mo desk fee (while using your own desk and internet). Their training program is long and complex, designed to take the maximum time possible because you're paying during the whole thing. The worst part is they don't let you trade your own strategy. I went in with an idea of what I wanted to do (well within their risk parameters) and they told me I couldn't and to trade a different strategy that I wasn't familiar or comfortable with. Well if it was that good of a strategy, then what incentive do they have to hire novices to do it? A real company would allow good traders to use their own strategy to make money. But this company is not about the trading, they want the fees. Stay far away and just trade with your own money.

31 people found this review helpful

Maverick Trading Response

Thank you for your review. We ensure that all interested traders are completely aware of the capital requirements to trade with us prior to them joining the firm and all of our traders acknowledge these requirements as well. Yes, our Qualification Program is comprehensive and embodies the minimum that we feel a trader needs to know in order to trade successfully and professionally. It's been developed over more than 20 years and we are continually refining it as the markets change and evolve. An experienced trader may be able to complete the program in as little as two months. People new to trading are going to take longer. Our objective is not to rush traders into trading as fast as possible. Our objective is to teach our traders to trade systematically rather than by the seat of their pants and to consistently manage their risk. We allow our traders to trade a wide variety of strategies. Since you didn't go into detail on the strategy you wanted to use, I can't comment on it directly. I can say that it must not have met our criteria for reproduceable, systemic rules and/or had a poor reward/risk profile and/or used techniques that had undefined or otherwise unacceptable risk. We don't want our traders trading strategies they are uncomfortable with. Our coaching staff routinely walks traders through the Qualification Program, including demo account trading, until our traders are comfortable with their entire Trading Plan and can then trade the firm's capital with confidence. I hope you found success elsewhere in your endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews
</>Embed

Maverick Trading Reviews FAQs

Maverick Trading has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 94 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Maverick Trading to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Maverick Trading employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Maverick Trading. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

68% of Maverick Trading employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Maverick Trading 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Maverick Trading to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be workplace, compensation.